GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did any of the girls say that their grandmother picked them up from school?
I recall one saying that their mother picked them up and they had afternoon tea.

Another theory....

GBC tells Allison about TMH at the conference the next day and Allison has a panic attack and passes out. GBC ensures she never regains consciousness by blocking her mouth and nose. But she does for a moment and scratches for her life to no avail......

TMH was asked in her statement if she and GBC had met at Anstead Reserve.

According to TMH statement #4, the romantic rendezvous was Mill Rd, Pullenvale - which is about the same distance west from Brookfield, but ~3km (~2 miles) to the north, on the opposite side of the state forest from Kholo Bridge (approx 3km away).

However there's a road "Centre Road" that takes you pretty directly through the state forest from Mill Rd to Kholo Br.

So it is possible he drove out that way to Mill Rd initially, looking for potential spots, headed 3km along Centre Rd, then came out the other side of the forest onto Mt Crosby Rd and headed to the bridge (less than 1km away).

https://www.google.com.au/maps/plac...2!3m1!1s0x6b9152848550b73f:0xf5879232d1ecac7c

Something that's always niggled at me and until now have not piped up and had my say... As someone who goes to the hairdresser every six weeks, and has a cut and colour, I've never worried about how it might look the next day. I wash and blow dry my hair every day.as I have pretty straight hair I can't stand having unwashed hair. Having said that, I have friends that will stretch out a blow dry for five days. But I just don't get it. I like freshly washed, nice smelling hair. My point is that I think there is too much focus on the hairdresser visit and what Allison would do with it afterwards. Especially as the photos show, the hot rollers are in the bathroom. I don't think it make any difference whether that stopped Allison from going for a walk, I just think she didn't go cause it was either nighttime or she didn't go in the morning cause she had to get ready for the conference. I think she didn't go because someone had already taken her to Kholo Creek. Ok, rant over, please be gentle with your responses!

I am glad you said this, as its been on my mind to say also... From the hair perspective.. I am not one to worry about it after I've been to the hairdresser. In fact I much prefer it after I wash it the next day. I don't actually like the way it sits after they blow dry it! I prefer to wash it myself after and style it how I want or let it sit how I want. Its the cut (and if I have foils) that is more important to me, not that its freshly blowdried. So I guess looking at that aspect I don't consider it as big a deal about having freshly done hair as what some others may do- in terms of it affecting her doing some things like walking. JMO

I have been here almost from the start, sometimes with vigour and sometimes as a very occasional interloper. I have wrestled with my position many times. I was referred here by a former friend of GBC's. Like many people on here (I imagine), I have a close connection to this case and I do intend to reveal my own personal connection when this is all said and done. In the meantime, thanks very much to all the sleuthers, all the contributors, pundits, amateurs, professionals, court tweeters and those who just feel very, very deeply for the children left behind by a loving mother.

Someone very interested in this case posed something to me tonight that I had never previously considered and initially found repugnant. But I will leave it with you ...

What if GBC was set up by Allison? She is a very intelligent woman, a devoted wife and mother, betrayed horribly by her husband. Those journal entries - all written in the same pen. What if she intended to take her own life but not without taking down her husband? I know it's outlandish but so is everything about this case. Nothing is out of the realms of possibility.

Nuts, right? Or not.

I did ponder this scenario and came to the conclusion that with the evidence given over the last 11 days by 71 witnesses, (and all evidence prior) - and with the GBC answering specific questions today which contradict his statements and evidence ..

I'd be more inclined to ask:
What if Allison was set up by GBC?

---------------
Tweets from Thursday 26th June 2014

3:00pm:
Mr Byrne: "Did you fight with her on the evening of the 19th?"
Mr Baden-Clay: "No I did not."

Mr Byrne: "Or the morning of the 20th?"
Mr Baden-Clay: "No I did not."

Mr Byrne: "Did you leave your children to go to the Kholo Creek bridge?"
Mr Baden-Clay: "Definitely not. Never."

Mr Byrne: "Did you ever do a clean-up of the house?"
Mr Baden-Clay: "No."

Emmy Kubainski ‏@emmykubainski 1m
Gerard Baden-Clay: I cut myself shaving. When asked if Allison scratched him, he said: "Never" @7NewsBrisbane #badenclay

Mr Byrne: "What were your plans for your life with Allison?"
Mr Baden-Clay: "We were planning to spend the rest of our lives together. We were working on making that a reality after the infidelity I'd had in the past."

Regarding his domestic skills -
https://www.blogger.com/profile/07907839226403813399

So today i found out that whatever it takes to be a WebSleuth, I don't have it. I was fine while the prosecution were presenting their evidence, but today ... dear heaven, all that self-serving codswallop. It made me so angry. It made me feel :sick: that he was being allowed to do it, being allowed to present his own totally self-serving version of the marriage as Blessed St Gerard, Paragon of Longsuffering Virtue married to Allison the Freaky Dependent Burden.

I had to get out; I just couldn't take any more. It's not as if it's even relevant information; the man is on trial for murder, not his entire life history.

The jury; oh man, do I feel sorry for them. It's just wasting their time making them listen to all this stuff, and if it were me on the jury I'd be trying to find out how to lodge a complaint about it.

I'll still tag along and try to keep up with it, but let him drive me crazy with his warped fantasies - nup, not going to do that!

<respectfully snipped by me>

That's why the toxicologist said that there was no sign of overdose.

Hey Doc, won't we see another toxicologist for the defence probably say otherwise?

And talk about serotinin syndrome?

I note Al's last script for zoloft was filled 13 March. 30 tabs in packet and would have been run out prior to her murder if she took them everyday. ( I say that because I sometimes forget a day here and there when life is higgilty piggility) Is it possible if she did run out she may have been experiencing withdrawal? Even with the sertraline stores in her body?

Sometimes if I forget 2 days in a row my anxiolytic I get dizzy,nauseous,hard to see or hear properly or think clear,get emotionally unstable and have what I can only describe as the sensation of my brain slushing around. However this never occurred to me on 250 (or 225 was a long time ago) mg of sertraline.

Also I note that GBC said Al only had $20 in her account. Could she have been unable to pay for her next pack of meds?

Guess the long and short of it: Possible she was withdrawing at the time?

So today i found out that whatever it takes to be a WebSleuth, I don't have it. I was fine while the prosecution were presenting their evidence, but today ... dear heaven, all that self-serving codswallop. It made me so angry. It made me feel :sick: that he was being allowed to do it, being allowed to present his own totally self-serving version of the marriage as Blessed St Gerard, Paragon of Longsuffering Virtue married to Allison the Freaky Dependent Burden.

I had to get out; I just couldn't take any more. It's not as if it's even relevant information; the man is on trial for murder, not his entire life history.

The jury; oh man, do I feel sorry for them. It's just wasting their time making them listen to all this stuff, and if it were me on the jury I'd be trying to find out how to lodge a complaint about it.

I'll still tag along and try to keep up with it, but let him drive me crazy with his warped fantasies - nup, not going to do that!

Yeah I gave up on reading it, would rather stick pins in my eyes than read his tripe.

He was a salesman. In court he was attempting to sell himself to the jury.

He's a compulsive liar who had to keep up the façade of mr nice guy

But mr nice guy isn't his true colours at all. Mr nice guys don't go traipsing around the countryside chasing skirt, covering up their tracks, all behind their wives back.

In my opinion, money & sex was all he was interested in....his wife rebelled & got in the way of all that.

Agreed Trooper, she would think of her kids' future, but it is because of her girls she would NOT commit suicide.
Also Troop, just asking, TMH has an alibi doesn't she? I am certain I have read she does.

Ohhh yeah TM's alibi...

Text copied from TM's statement #4....

45. Thursday the 19th of April 2012..........I remained at home with my boys all night that night. There are no security cameras in my unit block that I am aware of.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202113"]Bail Hearing Documents *No Discussion* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

A person gets depressed. It happens.
Their spouse finds it hard to deal with. It happens.
They run a business and it struggles. It happens.
They must downsize. It happens.
A person in the marriage has affairs. It happens.
A person in the marriage is found under a bridge, dead from unknown cause. Rarely happens.
The other person in the marriage concurrently sustains fingernail gouges down the side of their face. Rarely happens.
The Crown rests its case IMO.

As to how it was done without scene placement and other powerful evidence? Luck and assistance.
May Justice be done.

When they were trysting the night away....

..... from that same statement #4...

[22. Gerard told me that he did not love Allison and they had not slept together for many years. Gerard told me that he slept most nights on the couch in the living room.

24. I have been to Gerard's house on Brookfield Road, Brookfield on two occasions. ...........
I did not see any bedding, sheets or blankets to indicate to me that he did sleep on the couch. This, however, did not appear to be unusual. Gerard would not have wanted the girls to know.

Well, I have finally caught up! My gut reaction as I read through all the tweets was disbelief and a sense of embarrassment about everything that was said, that from an observers perspective seemed irrelevant to this murder trial. In many ways I wasn't shocked that GBC took the stand. He seems to enjoy speaking publicly and has every right to defend himself. I am no expert on the law and court cases though I have sat through a court case before and supported people going through court cases. But, overall this experience of mine is limited. My suspicion is that the defendant wanted to speak and that his legal team would have tried to dissuade him strongly, but in the end he is their client and it is his case and so they went with his wishes. This is just my suspicion but I could be way off the mark.

I have great compassion for all the people involved in this case. It must be a harrowing time for both families and all the genuinely innocent people. I am hoping and praying for true justice in this court case. No one wants an innocent man convicted of a murder.......yet no one wants a guilty man to get away with murder. May the truth be so obvious that the jury make the right call.

Hello Possumheart......your summary in last thread (p.58 I think) had me roaring with laughter. tee hee ! thankyou. I was that loud the neighbours probably thought lil'ol'me was being murdered. Thanks for cracking me up

219305-aac9a2a2-fab1-11e3-a06e-793f22b94a46.jpg

http://www.news.com.au/national/day...ing-wife-allison/story-e6frfkp9-1226964268510

Gorgeous photo of Allison Marly!

Something that's always niggled at me and until now have not piped up and had my say... As someone who goes to the hairdresser every six weeks, and has a cut and colour, I've never worried about how it might look the next day. I wash and blow dry my hair every day.as I have pretty straight hair I can't stand having unwashed hair. Having said that, I have friends that will stretch out a blow dry for five days. But I just don't get it. I like freshly washed, nice smelling hair. My point is that I think there is too much focus on the hairdresser visit and what Allison would do with it afterwards. Especially as the photos show, the hot rollers are in the bathroom. I don't think it make any difference whether that stopped Allison from going for a walk, I just think she didn't go cause it was either nighttime or she didn't go in the morning cause she had to get ready for the conference. I think she didn't go because someone had already taken her to Kholo Creek. Ok, rant over, please be gentle with your responses!

I was thinking I must be the only one who needs to do their hair again the morning after a visit to the hairdresser. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am starting to wonder if GBC didn't have a helper waiting in the garage.

Longtime lurker from the start, but never felt I had anything to add as everyone else always seemed a step ahead of me! Amazing work by the way..admire you all for keeping up the fight to see Justice for Allison. As a Brisbane born and bred female of almost the same age as Allisonthis case has captured my heart like no other. I desperately want to see Justice for this lovely lady. I think my females can identify with her struggles. I am seriously concerned that GBC will walk.. Everything in my gut tells me different and has done from the very first news report I saw flash on the screen that morning long ago.

Something that had propelled me to write here...
Now that GBC (and his defense) are adamant in pushing the depression angle (which personally I feel had been completely overstated and overdone to the point of ridiculousness).. Whatever will he do if he is found not guilty and goes to pick up his precious life insurance money.. They won't pay if it was suicide will they? .. Wonder if Gerred has thought this through?

Thanks all for two years worth of reading and sharing in seeking answers. I'm sorry I didn't contribute more to discussion but have valued each and everyone of your contributions.

Longtime lurker from the start, but never felt I had anything to add as everyone else always seemed a step ahead of me! Amazing work by the way..admire you all for keeping up the fight to see Justice for Allison. As a Brisbane born and bred female of almost the same age as Allisonthis case has captured my heart like no other. I desperately want to see Justice for this lovely lady. I think my females can identify with her struggles. I am seriously concerned that GBC will walk.. Everything in my gut tells me different and has done from the very first news report I saw flash on the screen that morning long ago.

Something that had propelled me to write here...

Now that GBC (and his defense) are adamant in pushing the depression angle (which personally I feel had been completely overstated and overdone to the point of ridiculousness).. Whatever will he do if he is found not guilty and goes to pick up his precious life insurance money.. They won't pay if it was suicide will they? .. Wonder if Gerred has thought this through?

Thanks all for two years worth of reading and sharing in seeking answers. I'm sorry I didn't contribute more to discussion but have valued each and everyone of your contributions.

Welcome :)

Most life insurance policies exclude payout for suicide only for the first 12 or 13 months - this is simply so people don't decide to commit suicide and then take out a policy.

So if it was determined to be suicide then yes I believe payout would be made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great post - really nice summary Stick.

I agree with your scenario, but one point I'd question is the drop off the bridge because
(a) no fractures
(b) found under bridge, not next to it
(c) much more dangerous to park on the bridge than off to the side before the bridge.

If you can find a photo of where she was found, you can see it's possible to walk down the side of the bridge (dry not muddy), then roll her over a ledge down a ~6 ft (2m) drop to the mud below where her body was found.

Exactly ! If she had jumped or been dropped she would of been visable from the road as you approach the bridge from the Karana Downs side, as she would of landed to the left of the bridge and not under it. You cannot park your car on the left had side of the bridge either side there is no landing. Not possible. You can only park on the right had side (Anstead side) and if you cross the road carrying the body I am sure you could of been seen. There is a track to the right leading to the creek and under the bridge. The jurors would have seen this. I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam