GUILTY MI - Charlie Bothuell, 12, Detroit, 16 June 2014

Just picking up on this story. Charlie, someday you may read this. You are loved and cared for even in the eyes of strangers. Sounds like you've had a rough road. May these words find you in good health, much happiness and with the knowledge that you are here and you made it through. Be unstoppable in your zest for life! All my love.

Hi everyone, I've been a member for years but haven't posted in a very long time. Something about this case is bothering me enough to bring me out of my shell. When the bloody PVC pipe and abuse allegations came out, and the information that the stepmother was supplying Charlie with food I was strongly leaning towards the father being a wife and child abuser and she was trying to help Charlie get away. On top of that, with the uncle having access to the tunnel from his home I was even further convinced that was happened and the pieces in the puzzle seemed to fall into place. In that scenario it explained that when the father called 911 he genuinely was reporting a missing child in his mind. I've definitely felt that he was abusing Charlie but had enough common sense to report his child missing because he really believed that Charlie really was missing. BUT, then there was a big hole in that theory for me. The only way he would know that Charlie had skipped his exercise routine was if the stepmother told him, like she threatened to do, or did do - not sure whether she actually called him and told him about this before he came home from work. So if the reason she feared Charlie would be abused for not doing the exercise routine, why would she had told his father about it in the first place? It makes no sense to me that someone who was so fearful for this child that she helped him try to hide and get away, when it would have been much easier to have kept her mouth shut and not say anything about Charlie not finishing the exercise routine. so why would she willingly supply the information that she knew would cause Charlie to get beaten in the first place. It makes my original scenario make no sense. Now it seems to me that she must have not cared that Charlie was going be beaten because she caused actually caused it when she told on him. I'm leaning more towards they were hiding him to cover up for something really bad that one of them had done to Charlie and didn't want anyone to see the marks. Sorry if I rambled on too much there, but this whole mess is so confusing that it's hard to keep my head straight enough to type this. Anyway, this post is just my opinion considering the information at this time and I could be completely wrong. I just can't understand the fact that she would help cause the abuse . I hope this is clear enough to understand what I'm trying to say - my head is so confused I don't know which was is up any more!

Hi everyone, I've been a member for years but haven't posted in a very long time. Something about this case is bothering me enough to bring me out of my shell. When the bloody PVC pipe and abuse allegations came out, and the information that the stepmother was supplying Charlie with food I was strongly leaning towards the father being a wife and child abuser and she was trying to help Charlie get away. On top of that, with the uncle having access to the tunnel from his home I was even further convinced that was happened and the pieces in the puzzle seemed to fall into place. In that scenario it explained that when the father called 911 he genuinely was reporting a missing child in his mind. I've definitely felt that he was abusing Charlie but had enough common sense to report his child missing because he really believed that Charlie really was missing. BUT, then there was a big hole in that theory for me. The only way he would know that Charlie had skipped his exercise routine was if the stepmother told him, like she threatened to do, or did do - not sure whether she actually called him and told him about this before he came home from work. So if the reason she feared Charlie would be abused for not doing the exercise routine, why would she had told his father about it in the first place? It makes no sense to me that someone who was so fearful for this child that she helped him try to hide and get away, when it would have been much easier to have kept her mouth shut and not say anything about Charlie not finishing the exercise routine. so why would she willingly supply the information that she knew would cause Charlie to get beaten in the first place. It makes my original scenario make no sense. Now it seems to me that she must have not cared that Charlie was going be beaten because she caused actually caused it when she told on him. I'm leaning more towards they were hiding him to cover up for something really bad that one of them had done to Charlie and didn't want anyone to see the marks. Sorry if I rambled on too much there, but this whole mess is so confusing that it's hard to keep my head straight enough to type this. Anyway, this post is just my opinion considering the information at this time and I could be completely wrong. I just can't understand the fact that she would help cause the abuse . I hope this is clear enough to understand what I'm trying to say - my head is so confused I don't know which was is up any more!

Perhaps, she told him he didn't finish to build up the story of him running away out of fear. There could be a chance step mom and Charlie came up with a plan for him to get away from the abuse. This is a far guess I know.

I read it all and understood your point, wishingtree. Thanks for explaining your logic. I agree on several of your suggested conclusions and thank you for sharing here!

I had read somewhere that at age 10 he had ran away before. That's a big red flag for me as I have a 9 yr old and 10 yr old no way they would run away. Who would feed them, get them water when they are to lazy to get out of bed to get their own drink lol .

JMO

Crazy. Why would stepmom report him missing? Unless she was really trying to protect him from the father. The exercise may be a PE requirement for homeschooling.

I think stepmom is protecting herself. The reason, IMO, for the exercise is mute. What matters here is Charlie was allegedly beaten bloody with a pipe if he didn't do said exercise.

The evidence was so bad initially that LE immediately went into homicide mode. If there was evidence to indicate possible homicide, I think it's safe to say that abuse was occurring.

Davia18, that's a very good theory. I apologize for not knowing how to respond directly to a post or quote their post.

Davia18, that's a very good theory. I apologize for not knowing how to respond directly to a post or quote their post.

Welcome back :seeya: Just hit the quote button below the post and type away. Hope that helps.

Dad's acting on Nancy Grace was so telling. You can't fake surprise. IMO, He knew the kid was in the basement, knew he was going back and forth in the tunnel and step mom was feeding him. It doesn't say she was feeding him secretly or compassionately, just says she was feeding him... I think that the child was beaten and hid in the tunnel and possibly the Uncle's home, (probably without his knowledge during the day) then brought home at night, hence the bedding. IMO Step mom involved. They hid him until his injuries were healed enough that biomom, Uncle, neighbors, etc..wouldn't pick up on it. Reported him missing to further cover up abuse. I'm mean a bloody PVC pipe?! Bloody clothing?! This wasn't a bruise or two this was much worse. He was home schooled to hide the abuse I'm guessing. Such a shame. Thank God this child has been rescued.

The turning point for me was fathers crying on the reporters shoulder to facing the camera, dry eyed, no choked voice, and a 100% different emotion. Really! Shocking!

One of the many links today stated Charlie was "treated" and released. So there was definitely something as far as an injury. IMO.

I'll look for the link as one of the news reports states Stepmom and Biomom are talking to police. Yet Dad has been denied access to Charlie. Huge. Very telling. IMO.
ETA-cant seem to find the link

I'm still getting caught up on overnight+ posts because DH and I were on the road "up north" for several hours before arriving on Mackinac Island. We had the radio on for part of the trip and got updates on new developments in the case. I want to read all the posts and catch up on news reports, as well.

For now, I will restate simply what I said yesterday about my gut feelings about this situation: Discipline gone bad. Thankfully, Charlie is alive and not physically wounded, but I think that this child has been subjected to harsh punishment at times and far too much pressure to excel in everything that he does. No child should be subjected to that kind of life. :moo:

My thoughts and prayers are with Charlie and those who truly love and care for him. :please:

[modsnip]

bio mom gave interviews one of them is in a link up thread.

he had a cell phone in his hand at the end of the video clip -- where did that come from -- thought his was charging in the car

one of the producers offered it to him & handed it to him as he was trying to get up - I think they wanted to get the phonecall on tape IMO

I just love it that a sting was done on Nancy Grace's show! Caught his reaction for the world to see!

I'm still getting caught up on overnight+ posts because DH and I were on the road "up north" for several hours before arriving on Mackinac Island. We had the radio on for part of the trip and got updates on new developments in the case. I want to read all the posts and catch up on news reports, as well.

For now, I will restate simply what I said yesterday about my gut feelings about this situation: Discipline gone bad. Thankfully, Charlie is alive and not physically wounded, but I think that this child has been subjected to harsh punishment at times and far too much pressure to excel in everything that he does. No child should be subjected to that kind of life. :moo:

My thoughts and prayers are with Charlie and those who truly love and care for him. :please:

Enjoy. It's a great place to visit :seeya:

If this was me and I was searching for my missing child and was told my child was found alive, I would have the biggest smile on my face that wouldn't leave for days, the simple fact that dad didn't show the emotion of happiness bothers me.

Exactly! Instead of immediately repeating your false alibi of how many times the basement was searched, you would think a parent would repeat something to the effect of thank God, thank God, thank you thank you... Creep

It gives the impression that they thought no one would go back to the basement because it had been searched so many times before

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back