GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean a booster seat Amee? If it was only Kate and Allison going to the conference there would be no need to remove it.

Unless it was needed in another car... Say Aunty Olivia's. I Guess Gerards car had a booster seat as well if he sometimes did school pick up and drop offs.

Something that I would like to add in regards to Azaria Chamberlain.
A neighbour of mine (now deceased) told me a story of an aboriginal baby who was stolen by a dingo. His mother caught the animal right in the act. She chased after the dingo yelling and screaming in hot pursuit. The dingo dropped it's prize. The mother retrieved her baby. The child grew up with a rather bad facial scar. This is what prompted my neighbour to enquire as to the scar.
What I am saying is this: Dingos do take babies, have taken babies, that is a fact.
The court at that time did NOT take that into account.

Dingos are quite different to domestic dogs.
I know this for a fact. They are pack animals. Or family animals. Nothing to with food chain etc.
They are in fact very loving, and at the same time very sleuthful. Also super intelligent. And with super powerful jaws and neck. Unlike any domestic dog.
If only this matter had been understood at the time, lessons may been learned, and people may have been aware. Meaning, with understanding, any further attacks or mishaps should have never need occur.
Some humans could take a lesson ..... Especially those with no conscience, no scruples and no ethics.

I couldn't agree more LadyBird1 as the aboriginals had many stories going back of dingo attacks and taking of young children. However, in the Chamberlain case, there was a lot to lose for the tourism dollar and no one wanted to believe that this had happened, therefore the alternative was pursued - the mother killed the child. The greatest injustice that I have known in my lifetime.
There was also a child killed on Fraser Island in Qld in quite recent times. Females with pups to feed can be dangerous - they are between two cultures so to speak - wild and partly tame, so behaviour can be very unpredictable. Their behaviour is now far better understood and much greater precautions are taken in areas which are the natural habitat of the dingo.

Exactly! I am a fanatical "what if" person so my bathroom cupboard contains maxalon for nausea, imodium for squirty bottom, pills for pain, pills for fever, dencorub, voltaren, xanax for moments of panic, and if I travel I take a supply of general antibiotics, cold and flu tabs, instant ice packs, 25 different shapes of bandaids (you never know if the injury will be a chest or a knee or a hand or even a cheek) so I think there is nothing of consequence with maxalon - be prepared......and who better than a descendant of baden powell....?

I've heard of a runny tummy but never heard it described squirty bottom. OMG that's hilarious.

No offence intended to Stuart Diver, just meaning that GBC thinks he is all man so was trying to relate a real Hero to a Makarasnip! IMO Gerard wants to paint the picture of himself being a hero and doing everything in the world to help Allison, except getting her out of Switzerland, getting her help, even though apparently she should have just goo ten over it. Hope this makes sense.

It's all good AAAA.

I couldn't agree more LadyBird1 as the aboriginals had many stories going back of dingo attacks and taking of young children. However, in the Chamberlain case, there was a lot to lose for the tourism dollar and no one wanted to believe that this had happened, therefore the alternative was pursued - the mother killed the child. The greatest injustice that I have known in my lifetime.
There was also a child killed on Fraser Island in Qld in quite recent times. Females with pups to feed can be dangerous - they are between two cultures so to speak - wild and partly tame, so behaviour can be very unpredictable. Their behaviour is now far better understood and much greater precautions are taken in areas which are the natural habitat of the dingo.

Thanks KG1 Good post. The Fraser Island story should never have happened. Happened because no one took heed back at Ayres Rock. 1980 - ish.
Reckon I would trust my life with a dingo though, rather than a person such as was witnessed yesterday at Brisbane Queensland Court.
Despite what may be thought, dingos do actually value life and family.
The sleuthfulness is another matter.

Yesterdays long, long biography, struck me as very sad. It sounded to me as if Gerard had sat for 2 years and taken everything that was said about him and he was now going to tell his side of the story. I felt he came across as not to bright and not very strong man, actually I felt sorry for him.

I am beginning to think he believes his own publicity. I have thought about the murder for so long and I can come up with no other suspect or scenario. It seems to me that there is not a lot of evidence against him, but where did those scratches come from and how did the blood get in the car, and how did Allison body get to Kholo Creek. If he could answer just one of those question with a plausible explanation, but he can't. He truly is a sad and desperate man at the moment, I don't know if the jury can find him guilty on what the prosecution has presented. I really did expect a mush stronger case from the prosecution but it hasn't happened. In the back of my mind I keep thinking of Lindy Chamberlain andd what she had to endure,

I really wish I could understand and see some other scenario, because the pieces aren't come together to well in the current one.

Night all, and thank you so much to everyone who has done a sterling job in tweeting all that is happening in court room, hope these 3 days give you a bit of a break, I am thinking it will be filled to overflowing in the Supreme Court on Monday,

He's where he is for a reason...murder charge!! As I've said in a previous post, he was a salesman giving the biggest sales pitch of his life. His next 20 or so years depend on that spiel.

No sympathy whatsoever from me. In fact I call it karma for all the mental abuse he dished out to Alllison.

Every day we hear of domestic violence cases, physical abuse & violence towards wives, girlfriends/partners. Some of the injuries are horrendous, but physical injuries such as stab wounds, broken bones do heal in time, IF that person is still alive. The scarring from mental abuse can last a lifetime.

Mental abuse such as...""Laughed at undies. Told me I smell."",Said I was so different. Laughed. Why? Afterwards why so mean? ""Let me believe it was all my fault and therefore I was at your mercy.Force me to look to you - think that's where you wanted me."

Cheating on her behind her back & the endless lies that would have gone with all of that.

And not holding her when she needed him the most.

Nup....not a dot of sympathy from me!! Allison's words are what I call sad!!

Unless it was needed in another car... Say Aunty Olivia's. I Guess Gerards car had a booster seat as well if he sometimes did school pick up and drop offs.

Yes a booster seat in the Prado wouldn't deter TM's appetite.

GBC's going down.
:jail:

Something that I would like to add in regards to Azaria Chamberlain.
A neighbour of mine (now deceased) told me a story of an aboriginal baby who was stolen by a dingo. His mother caught the animal right in the act. She chased after the dingo yelling and screaming in hot pursuit. The dingo dropped it's prize. The mother retrieved her baby. The child grew up with a rather bad facial scar. This is what prompted my neighbour to enquire as to the scar.
What I am saying is this: Dingos do take babies, have taken babies, that is a fact.
The court at that time did NOT take that into account.

Dingos are quite different to domestic dogs.
I know this for a fact. They are pack animals. Or family animals. Nothing to with food chain etc.
They are in fact very loving, and at the same time very sleuthful. Also super intelligent. And with super powerful jaws and neck. Unlike any domestic dog.
If only this matter had been understood at the time, lessons may been learned, and people may have been aware. Meaning, with understanding, any further attacks or mishaps should have never need occur.
Some humans could take a lesson ..... Especially those with no conscience, no scruples and no ethics.

Yes that's true that there are precedents of babies being taken by dingoes.

April 1998, a 13-month-old girl was attacked by a dingo and dragged for about one metre (3 ft) from a picnic blanket at the Waddy Point camping area. The child was dropped when her father intervened.

http://www.amazingaustralia.com.au/animals/dingo_attacks.htm

A nine year old boy was attacked and killed by two dingoes on Fraser Island. They then mauled his seven year old brother.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-boy-killed-dingoes-holiday-island-beach.html

Quite a few indigenous babies were taken by dingoes but many were not investigated and recorded at the time because Indigenous Australians were not always recognised as people.

He's where he is for a reason...murder charge!! As I've said in a previous post, he was a salesman giving the biggest sales pitch of his life. His next 20 or so years depend on that spiel.

No sympathy whatsoever from me. In fact I call it karma for all the mental abuse he dished out to Alllison.

Every day we hear of domestic violence cases, physical abuse & violence towards wives, girlfriends/partners. Some of the injuries are horrendous, but physical injuries such as stab wounds, broken bones do heal in time, IF that person is still alive. The scarring from mental abuse can last a lifetime.

Mental abuse such as...""Laughed at undies. Told me I smell."",Said I was so different. Laughed. Why? Afterwards why so mean? ""Let me believe it was all my fault and therefore I was at your mercy.Force me to look to you - think that's where you wanted me."

Cheating on her behind her back & the endless lies that would have gone with all of that.

Please Marly, may I add emotional invalidation? It is insidious and unrecognised by the victim and often others who say you're overreacting because it was just a joke etc. Yet,when there's nobody around, it's not disguised as a joke. It chips away at you.

Verbal abuse - continual ‘put downs’ and humiliation, either privately or publicly, with attacks following clear themes that focus on intelligence, sexuality, body image and capacity as a parent and spouse.

Emotional abuse - blaming the victim for all problems in the relationship, constantly comparing the victim with others to undermine self-esteem and self-worth, sporadic sulking, withdrawing all interest and engagement (eg weeks of silence).

http://www.whiteribbon.org.au/uploa.../Factsheet_6_Family_and_domestic_violence.pdf

Perhaps he should have said 'I hit her and she died', which in his mind may tell himself that he 'did not kill her'. Or even if she fell and hit her head trying to get away from him, he could say the same and believe that he 'did not kill her'. But this would not account for all the other circumstances that this case rests on. MOO

If you mean that he could have confessed to police "I hit her and she died" or told them that she was trying to get away and fell and died, I don't think he would tell police that because it would be too shaming for him. And it would have still copped him jail time. Not quite sure I've understood what you meant though so please correct if I'm wrong.

I think most of the damning circumstances happened during and after he killed her and tried to dispose of her. So the scratches on his face, possible signs of a clean up (perhaps the vacuum), the blood in the car, the missing phone, the BC's behaviour. And then the suss behaviours like calling 000 so soon. I'm guess I just feel there isn't enough evidence from before she died that suggest premeditation over "sudden event/intent". Certainly I think there were prior circumstances that led the entire debacle to turn into a murderous/narcissistic rage.

I would like to express my appreciation to MW for this;
Your continual interruptions yesterday during the l-o-n-g sermon from G.
Those interruptions were always steering us back to keeping ON TOPIC.
Reminding us again and again as to what this is all about. (Over about two hours of ..... mod snip)
Hope the jury had someone holding up a placard every 10 minutes or so saying ..... Remember the Topic. Murder. How, when, where, why, and by whom?
Thanks.

I'm 80-90-100% baffled & bemused by GBC's testimony so far. Found myself wondering, does this guy realise he's on trial for murdering his wife? It was almost like he was nabbing an opportunity to get in an unfulfilled speech about his life's 'achievements'.

Avalanches & Toblerones (????). Was he trying to impress the 'common folk' of sunny Brisbane with tales of snowy alps and being *in the actual place Toblerones are made*.... wow oh wow! Bouncing in my seat. You were spot on Trooper, he couldn't resist the opportunity to hear himself speak.

I can't help but draw comparison to the Rolf Harris trial in UK - he was singing little songs & telling everyone about how remarkable he was for inventing the wobble-board (right after his alleged victims had delivered testimony describing some pretty revolting acts). I can't look at KFC potato & gravy again. Instead of the Colonel, all I see is RH on the lid.

Re: how Allison came to rest where she did under Kholo bridge. Makara made mention earlier of a concrete slab that appears partially down the embankment & above where Allison was positioned. I have to say, after viewing some clear professional images taken by pro photographer t/as Gerry Rocks (unfortunate coincidence on the name, but legend all the same!), I'm inclined to agree with Makara's theory that someone moved Allison's body part way down the embankment & then rolled her from the concrete slab onto the bank below. (I feel awful describing this btw).

Link to images of Kholo & BC residence taken by Gerry Rocks Photography:

http://aussiecriminals.com.au/2014/06/23/in-perspective-a-visual-look-through-the-lens/

------------------------------------------
ALL IMO... under manifestation of winter flu

Yesterdays long, long biography, struck me as very sad. It sounded to me as if Gerard had sat for 2 years and taken everything that was said about him and he was now going to tell his side of the story. I felt he came across as not to bright and not very strong man, actually I felt sorry for him.

I am beginning to think he believes his own publicity. I have thought about the murder for so long and I can come up with no other suspect or scenario. It seems to me that there is not a lot of evidence against him, but where did those scratches come from and how did the blood get in the car, and how did Allison body get to Kholo Creek. If he could answer just one of those question with a plausible explanation, but he can't. He truly is a sad and desperate man at the moment, I don't know if the jury can find him guilty on what the prosecution has presented. I really did expect a mush stronger case from the prosecution but it hasn't happened. In the back of my mind I keep thinking of Lindy Chamberlain andd what she had to endure,

I really wish I could understand and see some other scenario, because the pieces aren't come together to well in the current one.

Night all, and thank you so much to everyone who has done a sterling job in tweeting all that is happening in court room, hope these 3 days give you a bit of a break, I am thinking it will be filled to overflowing in the Supreme Court on Monday,

i know what you mean, he is desperate and seems delusional. hes sitting there with a captive audience, thinking everyone is interested in him and his wonderful story, one hes probably rehearsed over and over, not seeming to realise hes embarrassing himself and he seems to have forgotten the only thing anyone wants to hear is, WHAT HAPPENED TO ALLISON!? its all so sad for everyone involved

Exactly and how was he going to explain to Toni when Allison was at the conference? TM was going to be really angry, or was that part of the plan? To cast the shadow of suspicion on TM?

I don't think he had a plan to follow though on any promise to Toni that Allison wouldn't be a the conference. And he didn't have a plan to tell Allison that Toni would be at the conference, and tell her not to go, since that would risk Allison discovering the affair wasn't over. The alternative was let both go and hope for the best. But I think he would have been sh**ing bricks that Toni might confront Allison. Maybe Toni threatened to GBC that she would do this? None of the alternative scenarios were working for him and he couldn't find a way out.

Oh my god!

Report: Pistorius psychiatrist has heart attack

2014-06-27

Johannesburg - A psychiatrist who evaluated*Oscar Pistorius*had a heart attack on Thursday night, causing a delay in the handing over of the Paralympian's psychiatric evaluation report,*eNCAreported on Friday

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Report-Pistorius-psychiatrist-has-heart-attack-20140627

Well I hope the psych is OK. Gee, I guess dealing with him for 30 days can do that :0

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

I have thought about the car. If you took a car out the night before or very early morning would there be any warmth left in the motor? By driving it again before the police came you would eliminate any evidence if there was more warmth in that motor than say the other car. I have no idea really how long the oil in a motor stays warm but just a thought.

Yes - though I would say after 2 hours most cars have returned to standing/non operating temperature, as well as the fluids - such as water and oils. Its variable - but it is obvious if checked.

A road driven and washed car returned and then left standing in a driveway cant un-tell that story in 30 minutes.

If the car engine was still warm and someone wanted to hide the fact that it had been used recently then the engine would have to be driven again to cover that.
Not just idling, or moved in the driveway, it would have to get to operating normal temperature and on the road.
That would cover the cleanliness (to some extent maybe) - and might cover up things like there was no dew on it (if it was a cold night), and cover why the motor was warm (if they were trying to hide that fact).

(Brain Interruption: thought... the car was taken to be cleaned elsewhere?).

---------
Below: Not a necessary read - skip over if you like, I wont be offended :D
I am skimming over this info (from my time working on cars loooong ago) - so please add as you see fit :)

Car engines keep their temperature for quite a while after the engine has stopped. Even if you place your hand on the bonnet or look at the temp gauge, these things wont necessarily register a heat reading, but working parts, metal casings, oils/fluids and water can be warm to the touch after an engine has been standing cold for quite a while.

Exhaust manifolds are the most exposed and hottest part of the engine when running, and heavily cast engine metals hold the most detectable heat - though where the heat is, is subjective with different engine bays, and variable because of the confined space, any inner bonnet insulation, moving air ventilation - and outside temperatures.
If a car has been run to operating temperature (normal) then stopped and let stand for 30 minutes - you could touch the bonnet and it may feel as cold as any other part of the car - but lifting the bonnet and air-feeling for any escaping heat will tell you if the car has been run. Depending on the weather temp, even after maybe 45 minutes, detectable warmth will come off the block and head part (mid to higher up) of the engine when touched - at the back of the engine closest to the fire wall (depending on the orientation of the motor) - pressure will be heightened in the radiator with hotter water - the oil on the dipstick will be warm. Gear box/transmission and fluids maybe warm ..
Basically anything that generates heat (internal metal, moving part) and disperses heat (exhaust gas outlet, fluids , oils, water - excluding fuels) will be warm at variable temperatures until the heat has dissipated completely (externally and internally) and the engine have returned to normal temperature ie: the car mechanically is cold.

So, a car can be checked to see if it has been run - and minute heat in an engine means this has happened. How long it has taken for the car to become cold completely, is the variable - but it couldn't be hidden in under an hour (IMHO) under severe scrutiny.
(I might check the times tomorrow on my car engine ;))

Warning: feel the air first instead of touching anything of the motor if checking for temperatures. Don't take the radiator cap off a recently run engine - water is under pressure and bl**dy hot. Use gloves or a towel if your not sure!! or ask a nice mechanic to help ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken