GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
You raise some good points, thank you. Over the last two years I've looked at this case from the perspective of all players involved. I've tossed the possibility back and forth that GBC is innocent, that NBC and other family members were not involved or complicit after the fact. I, and indeed all of us will never know the full details of how Allison died and her body dumped at Kholo Creek. Everything we've heard to date is circumstantial but when all of these pieces are woven together, IMO it does indeed point to GBC being guilty. The same also applies to NBC. There is just not one thing that he has or hasn't done, it is a culmination of a lot of things (some I'm not permitted to speak about here) that lead me to believe that he was involved in helping his son cover up Allison's murder.

I have tried to look past the stereotype (heavily backed up by statistics) that white African men view women as property when considering NBC. His family used to be part of my community, so I have some context to place him in.

Folks we don't allow discussions about dreams.

Like rumours, they tend to grow legs...turn the page & all of a sudden someone claims it as fact with a comment such as "I read so & so was let out of prison"...when it was really only someone's dream.

Facts are great :)

Well said enthralled, my feelings also. :jail:

Unfortunately I don't believe one single thing that comes out of his mouth. That is what happens when you tell lies, in the end nobody believes a single word you say. GBC and Co have brought it all on themselves.

True, but also I've always found the best liars put a fair bit of truth in what they say ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I can see this. But I also think that we will always hear inconsistencies when we get reports second third or fourth hand. Even in the reports from the opening statement in the trial there appeared to be inconsistencies from memory about whether Allison had dinner with a friend after the hairdressers.
It's a bit like Chinese whispers.
And I believe it was the youngest daughter who said they had mince for tea and people asked how you could have mince and sausages. I find it easy to believe that a young child who is bewildered as to where her mum has gone and is suddenly in the strange position of being questioned by police could get her days mixed up. Maybe the answer is as simple as they had mince the night before.

If he was lying about the BBQ the whole lot of them must have been. And I just cannot grasp these people sitting down together and deciding GBC should kill his wife to fix the money problems. How would that conversation have gone?

Yes, I agree Cattail. All of this mince versus sausages stuff is totally irrelevant IMO. GBC bought sausages to take to a barbecue at his parents place but is it at all possible that the barbecue consisted of more than just sausages? Of course it is! The daughter may well have had a mince pattie or burger sans the bun. There may have been steaks, chops, chicken, fish and the list goes on.

I understand what you're saying but if your spouse sudddenly disappeared, would your father give the police a statement if asked? NBC refused to give police a statement? Why?
Regarding NBC refusing to give the police a statement. (Or anything cooperation)
This is the bit that I simply don't understand. And this is where red flags are immediately raised.
And this is the point at which one begins to wonder if the BC's were on the same team or not.
If you were genuine, you would do all you could to cooperate. Not hinder.
Unless you were deliberately hiding something.

True, but also I've always found the best liars put a fair bit of truth in what they say ...

Don't get me wrong Cattail, I think you have raised some good points and I do appreciate it when someone can try to help me look at it from another angle. Unfortunately too many things have been said and done to make me see that family differently. Number one being the way they have trashed Allison.

Regarding NBC refusing to give the police a statement. (Or anything cooperation)
This is the bit that I simply don't understand. And this is where red flags are immediately raised.
And this is the point at which one begins to wonder if the BC's were on the same team or not.

Just wondering if his SA background would affect his desire to cooperate ? I have little knowledge of the culture.

Don't get me wrong Cattail, I think you have raised some good points and I do appreciate it when someone can try to help me look at it from another angle. Unfortunately too many things have been said and done to make me see that family differently. Number one being the way they have trashed Allison.

Yes I am sure there is a lot that has been done by the BC family that I am not aware of as I have not followed this case as closely as many of you have :)

Just wondering if his SA background would affect his desire to cooperate ? I have little knowledge of the culture.

I think you may be familiar with his personalised number plate, BWANA.

That's my thought LB. If my loved one was innocent but under suspicion, I would do everything in my power to help both the loved one and the police. But that's just me.

Tom Meagher comes to mind. Being Jill's husband of course he came under suspicion. He handled himself with dignity and cooperated fully with the police. Jill's parents stood by him and they all stood in unity together throughout Jill's murder investigation and trial.

Now flip the coin and take a good hard look at the Baden-Clay's. No comparison IMO.

Yes, I agree Cattail. All of this mince versus sausages stuff is totally irrelevant IMO. GBC bought sausages to take to a barbecue at his parents place but is it at all possible that the barbecue consisted of more than just sausages? Of course it is! The daughter may well have had a mince pattie or burger sans the bun. There may have been steaks, chops, chicken, fish and the list goes on.

It's not about sausages or mince. It's about BBQ at the seniors or mince at the juniors around the family table - and at what time and especially IF at all.

Yep and that's what GBC was doing in court on Thursday. Relating all of those little anecdotes about his travels etc. They were all true but then he throws in a disparaging comment or six about Allison. He has to weave some truth into the lies he's telling so that he is more convincing. I've come to the conclusion that he actually believes the lies he's telling. He also believes that it was all Allison's fault that she died.

You raise some good points, thank you. Over the last two years I've looked at this case from the perspective of all players involved. I've tossed the possibility back and forth that GBC is innocent, that NBC and other family members were not involved or complicit after the fact. I, and indeed all of us will never know the full details of how Allison died and her body dumped at Kholo Creek. Everything we've heard to date is circumstantial but when all of these pieces are woven together, IMO it does indeed point to GBC being guilty. The same also applies to NBC. There is just not one thing that he has or hasn't done, it is a culmination of a lot of things (some I'm not permitted to speak about here) that lead me to believe that he was involved in helping his son cover up Allison's murder.

Makara, do you know if any of the extended BC family cars were forensically examined? I know that Allison's and GBC's were. I'm guessing they weren't.

That's my thought LB. If my loved one was innocent but under suspicion, I would do everything in my power to help both the loved one and the police. But that's just me.

Tom Meagher comes to mind. Being Jill's husband of course he came under suspicion. He handled himself with dignity and cooperated fully with the police. Jill's parents stood by him and they all stood in unity together throughout Jill's murder investigation and trial.

Now flip the coin and take a good hard look at the Baden-Clay's. No comparison IMO.

Coin flipped:

Mr Meagher described his panic and frantic search after she failed to return home from a night out with ABC work colleagues. He walked the streets of Brunswick in the early hours of that Saturday and had been comforted that her phone continued to ring.
''It reassured me that it kept ringing. And it was only when it rang out that it went straight to voicemail ... I was panicking the whole time but when it went to voicemail it was blind panic.
''I went looking for her which was really a strange thing to do because the streets are completely empty," he said. "There is no one on the street, it is really eerie.''
He describing calling police as ''confronting''.
“You have to say the words ‘my wife is missing’. Just to say those words really just guts you,” he said.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/t...ers-husband-20140426-zqzu9.html#ixzz35ujOxsz7

I just can't quite find the quote of exactly what Gerard said to Const Kelly Thompson when Allison's phone triangulated to 61 Buscombe Rd. :notgood:

It's not about sausages or mince. It's about BBQ at the seniors or mince at the juniors around the family table - and at what time and especially IF at all.

I understand what you're saying and I think the dates that the girls were interviewed need to be looked at again.

Makara, do you know if any of the extended BC family cars were forensically examined? I know that Allison's and GBC's were. I'm guessing they weren't.

I don't know for sure, sorry. Apparently NBC's car was held by police at the Brookfield house on Friday 20 April but I don't know how long for.

this comment about the phone gets me. He then goes on about the chooks eating the neighbours garden

CON SIMMONS: Um her phone, Allison’s phone’s been
triangulated by us. And it just about, out the back here
somewhere?

BADEN-CLAY: Huh?

Senior Constable Simmon's interview with Gerard Baden-Clay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online