GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well G up on the stand was embarrassing and like watching a train wreck
Not interesting at all!

Mr Byrnes opening address just sounded like he was making excuses for him and saying
the things that G would find difficult to say in such a way, up on the stand, because they are lies!

I have never followed a case so closely before …..have only seen court cases on TV …..
So like many others I am waiting for the knife form the prosecution to go in and twist!

Maybe next week when they get to challenge him on his inconsistencies and outright
Biased and skewed and made up rehearsed over and over again story

Part of me is so torn, wanting it to be true that he didn’t do it still…. For his sake for Alison’s, for the kids.
But as I get more and more involved, caught up in following and searching and hoping and waiting for the truth…the more I just CANNOT believe the story he and his defence appear to be hanging on to.

Sure all the defence has to do is keep the door open to doubt but how could anyone NOT
See the facts and the clues as to the truth

Allison is missing and then DEAD
It WAS Alison’s blood in an inaccessible except when the seats are down part of the car and the car was only weeks old
The scratches are not and never were from a razor – blind Freddy and all – learned and experienced opinion says they are fingernail scratches!
His phone as put on a charger at 1.48am when he was supposed sound asleep and then taken off at 6.18am

These are indisputable facts – the rest are just supporting evidence – circumstantial as it may be.

There are so many items of inconsistency or question marks about his behaviours and his story that are too numerous to mention and everyone here knows them ….
My favourites thought are…..
He said he used the find my phone app and count find her and later that day it was used and look there she was out the back!
He started panicking that his wife was missing within 20mins of getting up – he wasn’t concerned about her mental state according to his interviews – so not really sure why he rang the police instead.
And the interview at the command centre where he stuffed up his lines around his father making their lunches and when and at what stage of the morning he was shaving and having to cover his face with foam and band aids

Okay….. So I am relying on the prosecution to get stuck into him next week – none of this pussy footing around and nice questioning to ensure the jury doesn’t think they are being mean or irrelevant
Or one eyed on his guilt!

I really don’t want to hear any more of his testimony – except that I am hoping he will be able to bring himself undone.

Have a look at the car on the left hand side in the first pic below. That is NBC's car. This photo was taken by police shortly after the Brookfield property was declared a crime scene. Click images to enlarge.

article-2654664-1EA731FA00000578-58_634x370.jpg

This is an aerial shot of the Brookfield house taken at about the same time as the one above but probably a bit later in the day. You can see the Prado is in the same position as it is in the image above. There is also a large white forensic truck in the middle of the image and NBC's car is to the right of the image with its doors open. Looking at this I would say that NBC's car was definitely forensically tested.

BC-Brookfield-house.jpg

Although the policewomen asked really age-appropriate questions, I think that these inconsistent responses are also about children's memories and children's comprehension of questions. IMO, these would have been further confounded if, on top of their kid memories, daddy had tried to impose a whole new set of memories.

Exactly, like having his daughter put a band aid on the so called razor scratch as he walks around with shaving cream on his face.

I bet you that phone is at the bottom of a waterway somewhere. About a minute from the house is a pond on a neighbouring property, there is a creek along further(and that area was searched as it ran beside houses on Deerhurst Rd), well obviously Kholo Creek, the creek down by the showgrounds and heck OW could have dumped the phone down Savages Rd in the creek there.

I too think that the phone was found and spirited away by somebody, between when it showed up on the app on GBC's phone, and when the official search got under way. Oh how the culprit must have panicked inside, and then heaved a huge sigh of relief when the phone was "eliminated".

For Allison's phone to show up, on the app, though, it was (a) turned on, and (b) still had battery power. Given that it was supposedly logged onto the Fig Tree Pocket tower from about 6:31 that morning, for over 13 hours till it dropped off, I'm not sure where in the back garden of 61 Boscombe Rd it would have been, to be logged onto the FTP tower from there. There are two towers in Kenmore between them - the one behind the substation at the top of Brookfield Rd (the one that pokes out above the trees), and the one at the other end of the shops along Moggill Rd, on the corner opposite the catholic church - almost behind what is now the Mexican restaurant.

So how it came to be connected to the FTP tower, but during that time showed up on the app as being in the garden of 61 Boscombe Rd, is a puzzle.

There's something odd and inconsistent about that, that I can't quite figure out. I'm pretty sure 61 Boscombe Rd is NOT within line-of-sight to the FTP tower.

Also, if the phone was then taken and moved to somewhere else - why did it not drop off the FTP tower until that evening, over 13 hours after it first connected? And that was about the time that the police were searching for it in that garden.

Big mystery right there.....

I too think that the phone was found and spirited away by somebody, between when it showed up on the app on GBC's phone, and when the official search got under way. Oh how the culprit must have panicked inside, and then heaved a huge sigh of relief when the phone was "eliminated".

For Allison's phone to show up, on the app, though, it was (a) turned on, and (b) still had battery power. Given that it was supposedly logged onto the Fig Tree Pocket tower from about 6:31 that morning, for over 13 hours till it dropped off, I'm not sure where in the back garden of 61 Boscombe Rd it would have been, to be logged onto the FTP tower from there. There are two towers in Kenmore between them - the one behind the substation at the top of Brookfield Rd (the one that pokes out above the trees), and the one at the other end of the shops along Moggill Rd, on the corner opposite the catholic church - almost behind what is now the Mexican restaurant.

So how it came to be connected to the FTP tower, but during that time, showed up on the app as being in the garden of 61 Boscombe Rd, is a puzzle.

There's something odd and inconsistent about that, that I can't quite figure out. I'm pretty sure 61 Boscombe Rd is NOT within line-of-sight to the FTP tower.

Also, if the phone was then taken and moved to somewhere else - why did it not drop off the FTP tower until that evening, over 13 hours after it first connected? And that was about the time that the police were searching for it in that garden.

Forgive me I'm not tech savy with Apple iPhones but is the tracking built into the phone or the sim? Perhaps the sim was in another phone pinging on those towers? While the iPhone was elsewhere?

Maybe it was buried under something in the garden or has someone suggested it was in a septic tank?

Just to clarify - 'Bwana' is the Swahili term used for 'master'.

I had to go back to thread 33 to check my memory before sharing - the personalised numberplate that NBC bought was BWANNA - note the different spelling.

I asked myself, had someone else eclipsed him by getting the correct spelling - BWANA personalised plates?

For a man whom wanted to be top of the pile of dung, I can't imagine NBC being too happy about having to settle for 2nd best.

The incorrect spelling on his numberplate would be a continual reminder grinding away on a daily basis that he wasn't a real Bwana but a pseudo Bwanna. He wouldn't fool anyone whom was familiar with the term 'Bwana'. NBC might have been better to buy the plural, BWANAS plates but that would probably just tickle the fancy of us banana-benders...

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #33

:Banane13::Banane13::Banane13:

Forgive me I'm not tech savy with Apple iPhones but is the tracking built into the phone or the sim? Perhaps the sim was in another phone pinging on those towers? While the iPhone was elsewhere?

Maybe it was buried under something in the garden or has someone suggested it was in a septic tank?

I believe it is part of the iphone and not the sim. The find my friends app and similar apps use location services which uses gps through the iphone.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5594

This link relates to ios7 which is the newer operating system. But the same principles would have applied in 2012.

Although it is part of the iphone and not the sim, not all features work if a SIM card is not inserted.

This is all my understanding of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So how it came to be connected to the FTP tower, but during that time showed up on the app as being in the garden of 61 Boscombe Rd, is a puzzle.

Perhaps it was a 'false positive' DW.

Exactly, like having his daughter put a band aid on the so called razor scratch as he walks around with shaving cream on his face.

What normal person would imagine (in their wildest most fanciful imagination) that a full grown man would ask a small child to apply a band aid to a wounded bloodied face?
Even wake a sleeping child to do the job.

I recall Oddsocks saying that everyone here is really against GBC and not keeping an open mind. He seems to have not posted lately (unless I missed it)? I think his perspective would be VERY welcome, especially if he explains in detail why he thinks the circumstantial evidence seems faulty? I will add though that, like many of us, I did have a moment when I trawled through all the evidence and was struck by a thought: “What if he didn’t do it AT ALL?” I sat there stunned for a moment, imagining what it would feel like to be accused of guilt when he didn’t do it. After a few moments, all of the evidence seeped back into my mind… and I thought, “No way he didn’t do this. There’s just WAY too much circumstantial evidence.”

rsbm

If GBC hadn't done it, he would have to behave quite (!!) differently, I think.
IMO

I'm still stuck on why it was necessary for the phone to be missing in the first place. It could have been at home - Allison's missing but she doesn't always take her phone walking. There must have been a reason that it went missing too ... in my mind, the possible reasons are (1) to get rid of evidence; (2) it went missing in a struggle (and perhaps needed to be located and removed later once it showed up as being close by; or (3) to enable GBC to be attempting to make contact with Allison.

Hi KJ - as Cattail pointed out, it is the iPhone itself using the GPS, cell tower triangulation, and wifi - the location services are remarkably accurate - even indoors with no view of satellites.

The SIM does play one part in the identification of the phone, but so does another number called the IMEI number, which is linked to the hardware of the phone itself, and is not transferred if you put the SIM in another iPhone.

And yes, MM - I think one of those must have been a false positive - but was it the app showing the phone in the garden behind the BC house (which would be a highly coincidental false positive if the phone WASN'T there), or the connection to the FTP tower?

:tantrum:

Hi KJ - as Cattail pointed out, it is the iPhone itself using the GPS, cell tower triangulation, and wifi - the location services are remarkably accurate - even indoors with no view of satellites.

The SIM does play one part in the identification of the phone, but so does another number called the IMEI number, which is linked to the hardware of the phone itself, and is not transferred if you put the SIM in another iPhone.

And yes, MM - I think one of those must have been a false positive - but was it the app showing the phone in the garden behind the BC house (which would be a highly coincidental false positive if the phone WASN'T there), or the connection to the FTP tower?

:tantrum:

Surely the tower has to be the false positive. Maybe it connected but really disconnected much earlier than the records show?

I believe it is part of the iphone and not the sim. The find my friends app and similar apps use location services which uses gps through the iphone.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5594

This link relates to ios7 which is the newer operating system. But the same principles would have applied in 2012.

Although it is part of the iphone and not the sim, not all features work if a SIM card is not inserted.

This is all my understanding of it.

Mm interesting reading from what I can gather the iphone find my phone app will work if there is still WiFi available even without the sim. What if the person removed the sim and put it in a decoy phone to throw the scent off? Someone who is perhaps not knowledgeable about it like me lol.

Several folks have commented on the "thuds" that various witnesses have described, both at Brookfield and at the Kholo Bridge.

There have been various theories about a body being dropped, knocked, or plopped into the car, or the road, or over the bridge.

However, I would suggest that NONE of those is likely to be the cause of thuds that are audible from any distance at all.

BUT - far more likely to be the closing of the tailgate/back hatch of the Captiva and/or the driver's door. While the driver's door would sound fairly distinctive - like a car door - the tailgate may not sound as distinctive. I drive a Landcruiser, and the sound the tailgate makes when being closed is more of a solid thud.

Just putting the idea out there - I don't think the thuds would have been Allison, either dead or alive.

I agree, my neighbour's hatch back makes that thud sound when being closed.

Mm interesting reading from what I can gather the iphone find my phone app will work if there is still WiFi available. What if the person removed the sim and put it in a decoy phone? Someone who is perhaps not knowledgeable about it like me lol.

In theory I think this might be possible IF you backed up the original iphone and then restored that backup to another phone with the sim in it. The decoy iphone would have to be the same model iPhone or a later model as you cannot restore a backup to an older model. (At least you can't now so I assume you couldn't then)

In theory I think this might be possible IF you backed up the original iphone and then restored that backup to another phone with the sim in it. The decoy iphone would have to be the same model iPhone or a later model as you cannot restore a backup to an older model. (At least you can't now so I assume you couldn't then)

I might leave the phone tech stuff alone to people more knowledgeable than me lol :)

I might leave the phone tech stuff alone to people more knowledgeable than me lol :)

I am only going on what I know from using iPhones and if someone comes along with actual technical knowledge I will stand corrected :)

I am only going on what I know from using iPhones and if someone comes along with actual technical knowledge I will stand corrected :)

You are one up on me! I only have an iPad.

Amongst the computer evidence removed there was an old backup of Allison's phone, I read that. I don't understand any reason or energy being put into a decoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam