GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amongst the computer evidence removed there was an old backup of Allison's phone, I read that. I don't understand any reason or energy being put into a decoy.

No I couldn't see a reason for it either. I wouldn't read anything into a backup of her phone being on the computer. My iphone is set to back up automatically whenever I plug it into the computer - hers may have been too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I couldn't see a reason for it either. I wouldn't read anything into a backup of her phone being on the computer. My iphone is set to back up automatically whenever I plug it into the computer - hers may have been too.

Me too.

Yes I can see this. But I also think that we will always hear inconsistencies when we get reports second third or fourth hand. Even in the reports from the opening statement in the trial there appeared to be inconsistencies from memory about whether Allison had dinner with a friend after the hairdressers.
It's a bit like Chinese whispers.
And I believe it was the youngest daughter who said they had mince for tea and people asked how you could have mince and sausages. I find it easy to believe that a young child who is bewildered as to where her mum has gone and is suddenly in the strange position of being questioned by police could get her days mixed up. Maybe the answer is as simple as they had mince the night before.

If he was lying about the BBQ the whole lot of them must have been. And I just cannot grasp these people sitting down together and deciding GBC should kill his wife to fix the money problems. How would that conversation have gone?

It was an accident dad, please help me? jmho

I don't even know that I agree with my own statement but imo, that is how it has gone with many a child who asks their parent/s for help after committing an offence.

No parent wants their child to go to prison but luckily it's not up to a parent, it's decided by the laws of the land, judge and jury.

All a parent can do is support and hopefully, NOT lie or cover up. An ideal parent would want a fair and just outcome. jmho

I agree, my neighbour's hatch back makes that thud sound when being closed.

I was walking my dog past the pony club recently when I heard a thud, sounded exactly like a sack of potatoes would. It was a teenage girl thrown off a horse about 300 k's away. Made me stop & look. This sound travel thing is weird.

Yes I could see why GBC would fear that - he's been telling conflicting stories to the two of them.

I still don't understand TM's hissy fit about it tho. Why would she be freaking out about Allison being there? The last time they ran into each other (at the gym i assume) they both politely ignored each other (then sent nasty texts to GBC, lol)
And her concern seems to be that GBC needs to tell Allison that TM will be there. - Why?

The easy reason would be that TM is just being overly dramatic, but that's the sort of excuse GBC would use. Is there something here we're missing?

Ha ha! You will need more than a whiteboard.
You would need to understand a few things, like deflecting answers to questions.
You would need to understand a few things about how to deal with a liar, or a manipulator.
You would need to understand a few things about Narcissism. Including malignant narcissism.
you would need to understand a few things about Sociopathy.

I am not a police person, but I do wonder if QPS persons are educated as to such things.
Something tells me that Kelli Thompson and others (Ash comes to mind) had some sort of gut instinct that all was not as it seemed. Something not right.
Their "gut instinct" told them things. (Thankfully)

What I am suggesting is this; Are QPS or others at the coal front experienced or qualified in diagnosing NPD? Or NPD at this level? Then knowing how to behave in such circumstances?

Thank you Neuromancer, but I'm still finding this confusing.
When was it he had such a good job and what was it?
What job did Allison have at the time?
Was this the time when he was making much more than Allison?

Thank you in advance for clarification. I think I need a whiteboard.

The life and times of Gerard Baden-Clay, as supplied to police via affidavits used in bail application

June 27, 2012

- In London, he worked as a Financial Systems Consultant with Blockbuster International for six months while Allison worked with Dale Karnegie Training.

- While overseas, he also worked in the Project Department of Kandersteg International Scouts Centre, Switzerland, as a volunteer for three months. Later, he worked as an assistant director of the International Scouts Centre for 12 months.

- Gerard returned home with Allison in 1999 and went back to Flight Centre as the Global Systems and Communications Manager until the end of 2000.

- After that, he worked at Raine & Horne at Kenmore for 10 months.

- Gerard obtained his real estate agent's licence during the period from late 2003 to early 2004.

- He started as Principal and Managing Director of Century 21 Westside in 2004, where he remained until his arrest on June 13.

http://www.news.com.au/national/the.../story-e6frfkvr-1226410326970?from=public_rss

It was an accident dad, please help me? jmho

I don't even know that I agree with my own statement but imo, that is how it has gone with many a child who asks their parent/s for help after committing an offence.

No parent wants their child to go to prison but luckily it's not up to a parent, it's decided by the laws of the land, judge and jury.

All a parent can do is support and hopefully, NOT lie or cover up. An ideal parent would want a fair and just outcome. jmho

The asking for help afterwards I could just about imagine.

I can't imagine a conversation beforehand planning the whole thing.

Maybe I am a bit naive :)

I think he's showing his true feelings on the stand...he's still denigrating Allison, he's still mentally abusing her. And he knows darn well she can't defend herself.

In his mind, it's all her fault he's in the position he's in.

I totally agree, it was unbearable to read his words, made me want to cry. :(

I was walking my dog past the pony club recently when I heard a thud, sounded exactly like a sack of potatoes would. It was a teenage girl thrown off a horse about 300 k's away. Made me stop & look. This sound travel thing is weird.

There are many variables to sound travel I believe - wind speed and direction, background noise, topography of land, high or low pitched noise etc etc.

Has any witness from around the Brookfield area or for that matter anywhere at all come forward to say they ever saw Alison walking in the morning? I walk in that general area most mornings and you become familiar with the different faces you see.

Has any witness from around the Brookfield area or for that matter anywhere at all come forward to say they ever saw Alison walking in the morning? I walk in that general area most mornings and you become familiar with the different faces you see.

There are people who have said they NEVER saw Allison out walking. Morning or evening. That person, (on this site,) said, she was familiar with faces. Recognised faces.
Never saw OW stopping and asking people if they had seen Allison either.
This same lovely person was actually out and about at the time in question and at the place in question.
No Alison and no OW in car stopping people and talking to them supposedly enquiring re Allison.

Not sure if that what you mean by any witness?

Yep, deflection at its finest. You can also see this deflection very clearly in the interview of GBC with OW standing beside him biting her lip and rolling her eyes.

At 1:04 into the video.

Was she upset before she went away?

GBC: No...and the police, I've tried to help the police as much as I can, we all have with everything we've got so. thank you, I'm sorry.

The Gerard Baden-Clay Interview, (His wife Allison Beden-Clay still missing) UPDATE BODY FOUND - YouTube

See how he deflects? Just answer the freaking question Gerard!

I often see little kids do this same thing when they are in trouble.

Also in the same video at 0:30.

I'm trying to look after my children at the moment. They've got three young girls and we....stops for a breath.

BBM. He says they've instead of we've. Obviously been coaxed by someone. I recall we discussed this when we first saw that video. He should be locked up for poor acting if nothing else!

2 things I noticed besides his atrocious acting, :rolleyes:, GBC cut the reporter off abruptly when she asked if Allison was upset and quickly added, he's tried to help the police all he can. Tried means he's not helping them completely, iow, holding back information. Oh, how the guilty mind betrays itself, can't be helped. jmho

Yes I could see why GBC would fear that - he's been telling conflicting stories to the two of them.

I still don't understand TM's hissy fit about it tho. Why would she be freaking out about Allison being there? The last time they ran into each other (at the gym i assume) they both politely ignored each other (then sent nasty texts to GBC, lol)
And her concern seems to be that GBC needs to tell Allison that TM will be there. - Why?

The easy reason would be that TM is just being overly dramatic, but that's the sort of excuse GBC would use. Is there something here we're missing?

bbm
So Allison would have been prepared and could have avoid an encounter, as TMcH also?

Back at the bail hearing it was mentioned that someone had reported seeing a woman matching Allison's description walking down Boscombe Road. That was later ruled out when a woman came forward at the committal hearing to say it was her. This is the only mention there's ever been of anyone sighting a woman out walking that morning.

From committal hearing...

March 19, 2013

A woman has come forward to say she believes she was the person spotted walking along Boscombe Rd, Brookfield, on the morning Allison Baden-Clay was reported missing.

Christine Skrzeczynski, a Brookfield resident, said she read in The Courier-Mail during Gerard Baden-Clay's bail hearing that a witness had seen a woman walking down Boscombe Rd matching Allison's description.

''I came forward because at the time of the bail hearing, just before Christmas, I read in The Courier-Mail that a witness had seen a lone woman walking on Boscombe Rd,'' she said.

''I thought there was a very strong likelihood that that would be me."

Ms Skrzeczynski said she always walks that route in the mornings that she works.

''I do that without fail, whatever the weather, and I don't see other people walking at that time in that location.''

Ms Skrzeczynski, a woman of similar age to Allison with blonde hair, provided evidence to the court that she had worked that day.

She also provided the court with photographs of outfits she would wear while walking.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-of-wife-allison/story-e6freoof-1226600463908

There are people who have said they NEVER saw Allison out walking. Morning or evening. That person, (on this site,) said, she was familiar with faces. Recognised faces.
Never saw OW stopping and asking people if they had seen Allison either.
This same lovely person was actually out and about at the time in question and at the place in question.
No Alison and no OW in car stopping people and talking to them supposedly enquiring re Allison.

Not sure if that what you mean by any witness?

I mean we seem to have only GBC 's word that Alison actually DID go walking on a regular basis, and I was wondering if anyone else had actually seen her do it!

I sense lots of anxiety and uncertainty in this forum over the past few days.I think that is expected given everyones anticipation of the outcome of this trial. I believe that the amount of evidence given already is enough to achieve a verdict. The final response by the prosecution will rid any doubt. IMO

On Thursday, it took GBC 1 hour 17 minutes to tell us about 1995 to the early 2000s. If he wants to spin it out longer he’ll maybe go back to his childhood, youth and adulthood before he met Allison. Then he might get around to telling us about the last ten years or so before April 2012 and – wait for it! – his version of the last few days before Allison’s disappearance.

Far canal!!! How much time is a defendant allowed to give us his back story before the cross-examination begins? He is entitled to his day in court - but does our Brisbane Scheherazade expect to have 1001 nights as well?

I mean we seem to have only GBC 's word that Alison actually DID go walking on a regular basis, and I was wondering if anyone else had actually seen her do it!

I think Ladybird is referring to me. I worked down off Gold Creek Road and had to walk to work(as I didn't have a car and the bus times didn't suit). I never saw Allison walking and I never saw OW that morning in that area. Nor did the 70-80 plus people who drove that way to work say anything seemed amiss that morning.

Thanks for saying I'm lovely too Ladybird.

Had things become too difficult the couple could always have turned to Mr Baden-Clay senior who worked alongside the pair in the real estate business and who as a marriage enhancement facilitator, had been intimately involved with helping couples through his directorship of the Anglican Marriage Encounter Australia Ltd - a now defunct program which organised couples to spend a weekend where they learned to communicate again and strengthen their marriages through talking to counsellors.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nat...ing-husband-20120512-1yj5w.html#ixzz35v6QZDUO

I'm sure, all the pairs which needed counselling, were happily married like his son GBC??

LOL, how typical. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member