GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is alot of road circling Mt Coot tha. Perhaps he took her there to do the deed and chickened out with all the people there? He had the perfect opportunity his alibis where sitting in his house with his children. He could have come home without her and they would say nothing. Then report her missing the next morning as he did that Friday. Is that even plausible?

Honestly, I don't know.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he broke down into auctioneering mode.." I'll take 25 years.Do I hear 20? 20 years to the man in the yellow jacket.15! do I hear 15 ? Yes 15 years to the bald man in the colourful clothing with the yellow tie. 10, do i her 10 years? OKay 10 years to the puffy purple jacket with the person inside it. 5, 5 years in jail,going once, going twice... Sold to the man in the mustard coat with the scratches on his face and no friends.

At first I thought, "yeah, it's possible his "half an hour" quote is an easy mistake anyone makes" because I know a lot of people who will say, "So i went to the shops/was asleep/dropped into work for maybe half an hour" and they don't realize it was more like 2 hours than half an hour. People tend to inaccurately recall time when they reflect on what they've been doing and how long they took.

However - yes, Mt Cootha is a WEIRD destination to choose. It's basically Brisbane's Make-Out Point! You can see all the cars lined up on the side of the road overlooking the view of the city, and you can gather what people are doing in these cars. Let's just say they're not having a conversation, usually (though I guess you could use it for talking only). And, ahem, this behaviour is not only restricted to inside cars... I saw a couple having intercourse on a picnic blanket on the grass RIGHT below the rotunda area (underneath the telescope) once, at dusk. I burst out laughing in shock and amusement and they gave me a dirty look. Um, I'm not the one doing this in public!

It does seem weird that they chose Make-Out Point to have this conversation. Surrounded by lovey-dovey couples and tourists.

Interesting!!
What would Nigelaine have said? Are Baden-P.'s and Baden-C.'s allowed to drive there?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he broke down into auctioneering mode.." I'll take 25 years.Do I hear 20? 20 years to the man in the yellow jacket.15! do I hear 15 ? Yes 15 years to the bald man in the colourful clothing with the yellow tie. 10, do i her 10 years? OKay 10 years to the puffy purple jacket with the person inside it. 5, 5 years in jail,going once, going twice... Sold to the man in the mustard coat with the scratches on his face and no friends.

:floorlaugh: but for my feeling not enough years!

On Thursday, it took GBC 1 hour 17 minutes to tell us about 1995 to the early 2000s. If he wants to spin it out longer he’ll maybe go back to his childhood, youth and adulthood before he met Allison. Then he might get around to telling us about the last ten years or so before April 2012 and – wait for it! – his version of the last few days before Allison’s disappearance.

Far canal!!! How much time is a defendant allowed to give us his back story before the cross-examination begins? He is entitled to his day in court - but does our Brisbane Scheherazade expect to have 1001 nights as well?

It'll be interesting to see how he starts out on Monday because my feeling is that he's almost pushed the envelope too far now in terms of indulging people's curiosity and interest. It's all well and good to hear a nice romance/wedding/honeymoon story but not when it's from someone who allegedly murdered their wife. The jury may start to feel a little peeved/duped/resentful if he is allowed to continue in this way. It's not 'This Is Your Life' - it's a murder trial. Understandably the defence is keen to portray Gerard as a three-dimensional character now that they have the chance - someone who is a little bit interesting and flawed like the rest of us. They want to insert some colour into this otherwise fairly black/white/grey story. But Gerard risks coming across as an arrogant narcissist, capable of anything, if he continues to "tell a story" rather than cut to the chase.

At first I thought, "yeah, it's possible his "half an hour" quote is an easy mistake anyone makes" because I know a lot of people who will say, "So i went to the shops/was asleep/dropped into work for maybe half an hour" and they don't realize it was more like 2 hours than half an hour. People tend to inaccurately recall time when they reflect on what they've been doing and how long they took.

However - yes, Mt Cootha is a WEIRD destination to choose. It's basically Brisbane's Make-Out Point! You can see all the cars lined up on the side of the road overlooking the view of the city, and you can gather what people are doing in these cars. Let's just say they're not having a conversation, usually (though I guess you could use it for talking only). And, ahem, this behaviour is not only restricted to inside cars... I saw a couple having intercourse on a picnic blanket on the grass RIGHT below the rotunda area (underneath the telescope) once, at dusk. I burst out laughing in shock and amusement and they gave me a dirty look. Um, I'm not the one doing this in public!

It does seem weird that they chose Make-Out Point to have this conversation. Surrounded by lovey-dovey couples and tourists.

Or

Is this just another BS story to add to rest of the BS?

I'm still shaking my head over him trying to bluff the police that NBC and Olivia didn't know about his affair with TM.:facepalm:

Thanks for the laugh :)

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: :loveyou:

Love it :) Classic!

Possumheart - isn't there a way around the paywall ?
Clear cookies or something I vaguely remember.

This jist of the article is how many people are turning up to watch this court case. The court room and overflow room are literally overflowing.
8 seats are reserved on either side of the actual court for family. Security patrol the door.
Tickets are handed out and if you are lucky enough to get into the courtroom and must be shown again when re entering after a break.
Lawyers can't recall the last time an accused took the stand.
Detectives who investigated the case tried to get a seat on Thursday and were unable.
Some spectators present are seasoned court goers, attending the Daniel Morcombe and Max Sica trials.

Mt Coo-tha is a make out spot is it. Maybe that's where he use to go with TM and he is having a little inside joke with himself by saying he went there with ABC. The ultimate insult.

So, he tells us he fell in love with her basically at first sight, yet he also says he tried to set her up with his sisters eventual husband. As if, he is trying to make out he is a man's man and also a bloke that thinks of others. Please, he only thinks of himself.

Can you believe he is talking share market crap about Flight Centre shares at his murder trial. Said he still wishes he had those shares- didn't say he still wishes he has Allison. Claims he sold them as he thought the terrorist attacks would ruin the travel industry. We know he sold them after he left Flight Centre as he knew that once he wasn't working for them, they couldn't possibly make as much profit.

Seriously, he seems to enjoying this way too much. His legal team must be just shaking their head wondering if their reputations will ever recover.

There is alot of road circling Mt Coot tha. Perhaps he took her there to do the deed and chickened out with all the people there? He had the perfect opportunity his alibis where sitting in his house with his children. He could have come home without her and they would say nothing. Then report her missing the next morning as he did that Friday. Is that even plausible?

Has possibilities :)

MP Bruce Flegg’s former media adviser Graeme Hallett to be charged with serious criminal offence

STEVEN WARDILL
The Courier-Mail
June 29, 2014 12:00AM

THE whistleblower who revealed information that forced senior State Government MP Bruce Flegg to resign from the ministry will be charged with a serious criminal offence.

The Sunday Mail can reveal an officer from the Crime and Misconduct Commission late last week informed solicitors working for Dr Flegg’s former senior media adviser, Graeme Hallett, of the looming charge.

It is understood Mr Hallett will be summonsed to appear on a charge of “demands with menaces upon agencies of government”, an old and rarely used offence in the Queensland criminal code which carries a penalty of 14 years’ jail.

The offence is one of only a few in the Act requiring the consent of the Attorney-General before a prosecution can commence.

A spokeswoman for Attorney-General Jarrod Bleijie yesterday said it would be inappropriate to comment.

It will be alleged Mr Hallett demanded a senior member of Premier Campbell Newman’s staff redeploy him to another government job in exchange for not going public with allegations about Dr Flegg, who had earlier sacked him.

Mr Hallett declined to comment yesterday.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ublic_rss&nk=e4bb8ba2444d4cc5430917203341a836

Imagine he gets away with it. He will tell everyone it was because he took the stand. The ultimate sales job he will tell himself. Nothing will stop him selling after this.

All the BS the defence are trying to introduce about what a great guy he is shouldn't stop the jurors asking themselves these questions:
1. Why all that blood of Allison's in her car?
2. Why did Gerard have scratches down his face that he lied about?
3. Why did he barely react when a police officer told him they located the coordinates of the phone?
4. Why did he call the police so early for an adult who was slightly late back from a 'walk'. Surely only a child going missing would warrant such a call so early.

MP Bruce Flegg’s former media adviser Graeme Hallett to be charged with serious criminal offence

STEVEN WARDILL
The Courier-Mail
June 29, 2014 12:00AM

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ublic_rss&nk=e4bb8ba2444d4cc5430917203341a836

Very interesting. Worth noting, Mr Graeme Hallett is the person who was staying at BF's home, was asleep but didn't wake when BF heard the "disturbing" scream on the night Allison went missing.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/ex-minister-bruce-flegg-heard-scream-on-night-allison-baden-clay-allegedly-murdered/story-e6frg6nf-1226595384223

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson