GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I absolutely agree. I know it's been brought up here before many times but I don't see how the jury could overlook his flat response to Allison's disappearance. If someone in my family went missing, I would be be crying, trying not to be hysterical. I would be obsessed with finding them.

I suppose people who think GBC is innocent might assume that "not everyone shows panic in the same way". This was true of the Lindy Chamberlain case - people felt she showed coldness, indifference. However this was her expression at court and during all the media attention, much later after her infant's death, when she had to remain stoic in the face of such unfair public mudslinging. Her immediate response to her missing child was panic. (And from the transcripts we can see GBC was NEVER panicked about Allison's disappearance. You can also hear a lack of genuine distress or panic in his voice.)

GBC supporters might also conclude that he was initially distracted and/or worried at the thought that TMCH was responsible, and didn't want to disclose any emotion because he wanted to protect the mistress in case she was somehow involved. However, he's already thrown her under the bus in his testimony. :moo:

Also, I do not remember the Chamberlains lawyering up immediately!

For what it's worth, I think the phone was at 61 Boscombe Road at about 1.10pm 20 April, while Kellie Thompson was speaking with Sgt Curtis. IMO
Why? His reactions were very strange. Instead of saying "Oh thank God! Thankyou. Let's go right there right now."
Instead he may as well have said "Oh s*!#!. I didn't expect a female cop to find it using app...... Bugger! Think quick, get someone to get it, and create a distraction.
Use an innocent distraction. This is a really big stuff up. Bugger. "

Where the phone ended up after that time, is anybody's guess.
What I am saying is this; Unless 61 Boscombe Road place was kept under 100% surveillance from 1.10pm 20 April, onwards, then I will stand corrected.
Did anybody suspect at that time exactly what manner of people they were dealing with?
I mean the DEGREE of sleuthfullness, cunning, manipulation, deflections, outright lies, financial problems, immoral matters etc.

SPOT ON LB1. opportunity - had time to arrange retreival, (perhaps wrap it in foil - found out that one on here funnily enough) and get rid of it altogether.

I wonder if GBC's legal team of Shields and Byrne QC will have spent some time over the weekend trying to get him to pull his head in, and stop rambling on? I wonder if they think his long soliloquy is a positive or a negative? I wonder if they even suggested he get up and testify in the first place?

Overall, I wonder what their strategy is, apart from denigrating Allison?

"There was a false positive in the tests,’’ Mr Roberston, of the Queensland Police Service’s Electronic Evidence Examination Unit, said.

Mr Robertson’s initial analysis found records of a FaceTime call on Mr Baden-Clay’s iPhone 3GS about 12.30am on April 20.

‘‘An iPhone 3GS isn’t capable of making FaceTime calls,’’ Mr Robertson said.

‘‘So the whole thing is just wrong,’’ Mr Davis said.

Mr Roberston replied: ‘‘That part of the report, yes.’’

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...sleep-court-20130312-2fxe4.html#ixzz35yq1imBf

Its also possible the facetime call was made on Allison's phone and the phone then disposed off completely. I wonder if they tested GBC's phone for incoming facetime calls

Perhaps TM believed that by GBC telling Allison that TM would be there, Allison would not go to the conference. Recall that TM had only been at a new job a week and TM stated that she had no way of not going to the conference herself. That way TM achieves 2 objects - a) no confrontation or uncomfortableness as Allison not there and b) Allison now knows that GBC and TM are in contact (otherwise how does GBC know that TM is going to conference)? Maybe TM hopes that this new knowledge to Allison will bring the marriage matter to a head and hopefully the end of the marriage - July 1 is not that far away. GBC responds ...'leave it all to me now' or words to that effect. MOO

I think it was TM's way of letting Allison know that she and G were still in contact, without her having to do it herself and incur the wrath of G.

Its also possible the facetime call was made on Allison's phone and the phone then disposed off completely. I wonder if they tested GBC's phone for incoming facetime calls

No face time call was made....

‘‘An iPhone 3GS isn’t capable of making FaceTime calls,’’ Mr Robertson said.

Neil Robertson, from the Queensland Police Service’s Electronic Evidence Examination Unit

He admits an initial analysis, which found Mr Baden-Clay had made a FaceTime call about 12.30am on April 20, was incorrect.

‘‘There was a false positive in the tests,’’ Mr Robertson says

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ers-stunned-20130315-2g6f4.html#ixzz35zDCc761

I wonder if GBC's legal team of Shields and Byrne QC will have spent some time over the weekend trying to get him to pull his head in, and stop rambling on? I wonder if they think his long soliloquy is a positive or a negative? I wonder if they even suggested he get up and testify in the first place?

I think they would have suggested he NOT testify! I think they were probably late that morning because they were still trying to talk him out of it! I.M.O. only

Or perhaps his defence will just let him cook his own goose.

I think they would have suggested he NOT testify! I think they were probably late that morning because they were still trying to talk him out of it! I.M.O. only

Court starting late on Thursday was stated in court the day before. The Judge told the jury to be there at 10am, but as the court later closed for the day, it was adjourned until 11am next day.

Very rare for accused murderer to take the stand and win.

Hoping they have spent time with him over the weekend & they put a gag on him then we can get on with it.

I'd think they would have advised him not to take the stand in the first place but GBC being who he is, wouldn't be told what to do by anyone. Plus he'd relish the limelight of the whole spectacle...people lining up for tickets. Oh my wouldn't he be loving it.

In one of yesterday's reports it stated...

Lawyers can’t remember the last time an accused took the stand in a high-profile murder trial

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ding-in-brisbane/story-fnihsrf2-1226969974019

However, that's not quite correct, recent Sydney case of Simon Gittany also took the stand even though that was a judge only trial.

Just bouncing off your post because it got me thinking. Downgraded the Lexus for Captiva because Allison wouldn't drive the Prado because of the hanky Panky with TM in it.
So HE kept the Prado, rather than the Lexus? That must have bothered Allison. You'd want that car gone. Something is not right there, I can't quite put my finger on it. Timeframe? So Allison drove the Lexus instead until she got the Captiva?
Did TM buy the Lexus from him or am I mistaken?

My thoughts are that they most likely knew about the affair up until it ended in Sept 2011, but they mightn't have known it had been rekindled and GBC didn't want them to know this....

Of course they knew and remember that they facilitated calls between GBC and TM in the days following Allison's disappearance. NBC should have been asked these questions when he was on the stand. MOO

While I now understand thanks to informed posters that phones ping to other towers in the area.
I still cannot get my head around how a phone that was supposedly in Brookfield while its owner was at home putting her children to bed, chatting to her husand and watching the Footy Show does not log on to Brookfield Tower during the evening. But logs onto the Kenmore Tower at 8.53pm on the 19th April and then at 6.27 am from the Fig Tree Pocket tower on the 20 April
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...tain-matched-allisons-dna-20140625-zsltw.html

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...tain-matched-allisons-dna-20140625-zsltw.html

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226951597398

I think Lindy appeared more stunned/shocked than anything else. I don't think hers was no affect, it was read wrong. I believed she was innocent. As I said to my parents at the time, just because it hadn't happened before didn't mean it couldn't have. We now know that babies have been taken by dingoes before and there have been attempts since.

Oh I cringe in shame when I think I was one of the people who condemned her, but I certainly am condemning GBC

Did TM buy the Lexus from him or am I mistaken?

TM's first statement

I am the registered owner of a 2009 BLUE Lexus

I have owned this car for the last two and a half years

Prior to the that a Black Holden Captiva

Court starting late on Thursday was stated in court the day before. The Judge told the jury to be there at 10am, but as the court later closed for the day, it was adjourned until 11am next day.

Very rare for accused murderer to take the stand and win.

Hi BN, the defence didn't actually walk into the courtroom until about 11:20-11:30am that morning - my thoughts also are that there was some last minute argy bargy going on which made them late as it was unusual when the starting time was 11am (or of course it could have been a long winded final rehearsal of what they were going to say).

Hi BN, the defence didn't actually walk into the courtroom until about 11:20-11:30am that morning - my thoughts also are that there was some last minute argy bargy going on which made them late as it was unusual when the starting time was 11am (or of course it could have been a long winded final rehearsal of what they were going to say).

Which was lucky for us they were late. There was a near riot at the overflow court when the doors had been forgotten to be unlocked and opened. A member of the public went into a court next door and the judges assistant came out. He went into the courtroom being used for the overflow and rang downstairs to the bailiffs office to request somebody come up to open the doors.
Everyone was very twitchy and looking at their watches.
Imagine our surprise and relief when we were finally let in and it hadn't started for the day yet.

Somebody asked before about myself and Liaden giving our seats up for a family member. It wasn't necessary to do that on Thursday, we just made sure she was bought to near the front of the line to stand with us to make sure she got in.
We both agreed though we would give our seats up for family members if we needed to. It's far more important they are in the court than us.

Edited to add - to give you some idea of the number of people attending there was probably a couple of HUNDRED members of the public trying to push and shove their way through the doors.
Some peoples behaviour is just disgraceful. This is a murder trial, not a movie at the cinema. Have some respect for both families involved. I'm sure they would never have chosen to be mixed up in such a horrendous event :(

No I am not suggesting Allison killed herself. But just to correct another myth regarding suicide, someone getting their hair done does not mean they are not suicidal.

Sorry if I appear to be harping on these things, but I feel it's important for people to be aware that sometimes there are no signs, or the signs are not obvious. It may help one of you one day to be informed.

The following is about Charlotte Dawson.

"On the contrary, Charlotte had taken one of her favourite dresses - a floor length green number - out of the closet and slipped it on. She fixed her hair and she had stood in front of the mirror and applied a full set of lush, fake eyelashes, as if to ensure she'd look her best."

http://m.smh.com.au/lifestyle/celeb...re-all-nnn-nnn-vars-o&sa=D&usg=ALhdy28zsr6qiq

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree suicidal people don't always act different before they go ahead with it. In Charlotte Dawson's case, she had already attempted suicide before, she was definitely in a high category risk of suicide.

Allison was not in that category, at least not in the last year or years, and had no previous attempts of suicide. Allison looked after herself, she sought help from psychiatrists, doctors and psychologists. She wasn't giving up. She was fighting for her marriage, she adored her daughters, why would she remove herself and allow Toni to become their full-time mother?! :no:

We should make GBC shoulder the blame for misdirecting us about suicide, it is he who is throwing around the idea that Allison remained the same as when she had her first child or the incident with the Lariam. He's trying to implant those thoughts into the jurors minds because he wants to escape justice.

Allison was murdered and dumped by the one person who should have loved and protected her. His motivation was greed and desperation. jmho

Yes, I remember that too, GBC said singlet top.

Yes, singlet top, so maybe mannequin isn't quite right except for the 3/4 grey pants.
I have a gut feeling GBC is the kind of guy that knows what clothes Allison wore/bought. jmo

Would love to know whay a singlet top is. TIA :loveyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member