GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn't hear from the Forensic Accountant, the business partners. Dis the defence have it excluded somehow?

Yes I was expecting all this to be part of the prosecution's case to build up motive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes and I go to sent messages but it comes up with 0 messages, and I've sent two tonight. I saw that they were sent. Nevermind, I'll work it out. Goodnight to all. Here's to tomorrow, a big day hopefully.

Mine don't show either. Till the person replies to me.

We didn't hear from the Forensic Accountant, the business partners. Did the defence have it excluded somehow?

Perhaps these matters are part of the Agreed Facts which were handed up at the end of the Prosecution case. The jury will see these and possibly any statements related to same.

Great post - my snip - just I wanted to add to this...

Another thing I find quite curious is that TMH appears to feel that whatever happened to Allison on the night could have been her fault.

Paragraph 36 of the Ben Bassingthwaighte Statement

Quote:
I called Toni yesterday afternoon at 4.53pm on her mobile etc
Quote:
I said "how are you?" Toni immediately broke down and started crying and said "I just finished work, I am sitting in my car trying to pull myself together. This is a mess I am responsible for her running off".
Paragraph 37 of the Ben Bassingthwaighte Statement

Quote:
Toni said words to the effect of "Allison probably had someone pick her up and she is ok and trying Gerard a lesson." [sic]

Certainly tells me that MT was under the impression that either -
GBC had said to TM he had informed Allison that TM would be at the Conference the next day ...
- he didn't sound as if he denied he hadn't said it.

He also had to keep up the premise about him already telling Allison he was leaving her for TM and getting a divorce.
TM would assume that ABC was blaming her for the marriage breakdown - and then decided to go missing to teach GBC a lesson.

He clarifies nothing.

Or was that a setup cover-up scenario.
I no longer have enough 'benefit of doubt' left to give either of them.

Here you go, BH, my pleasure. Listen to how he darts from present to past tense with regards to Allison and financial problems. I thought I noted some inconsistencies.
http://media.smh.com.au/national/selections/badenclay-the-police-tapes-5543107.html

Finally listened to GBC's police interview & just the sound of his voice is enough to make you sick. He couldn' even bring himself to say her name.

His father was frustrated that he couldn't use his car. His daughter-in-law is missing & that's what they are concerned about!

GBC got concerned soon after 6, when Allison didn't have to mee Kate at the office until 8. Utter crap.

I have experienced panic attacks before. You CAN pass out/faint. The first time this happened, I collapsed. My panic attacks would cause me to hyperventilate. This would then cause a tingling sensation in my lips and fingers and then a pressing down sensation on my chest (the first time it happened, I thought I was having a heart attack). I was unfortunate enough to experience one of these when I was driving. Luckily, it wasn't my first and I could identify it for what it was and was able to pull over and breathe into a paper bag to level out my oxygen levels.

It became so bad when I was driving, that I would worry so much about having a panic attack that it would cause a panic attack.

Welcome :)

Just for reference - I was going to post this when I first saw the OP but I figured Doc Watson would beat me to it. But I'll toss it in now ;)

The problem with hyperventilation is not too much oxygen, but that rapid breathing causes you to lose too much carbon dioxide, leading to the tingling, etc. The reason why the paper bag works is that you're breathing back in your own expired CO2, allowing levels to normalise again.

With all the tweets flying through at warp speed, did the prosecution actually bring up, at any stage , - opening address, witness, whatever - that GBC contacted the insurance company and tried to lodge the claim before Allison's body was identified? And what about the about-to-expire life insurance itself - was that even mentioned? Especially if the prosecution are using the money as part of the motive?

If not - why the hell not?

If it was, and I missed it - apologies for being a modsnip ;)

Apologies if this has already been answered doc - but yes the immediate call to the insurers upon hearing of a body found was discussed in NBCs testimony. NBC was in GBCs office with him and they saw on the internet that a body had been found, then not long after that the police arrived at the office and broke the news (shame they saw it on the net first so could prepare their reaction). NBC said it was on his advice that GBC ring insurer as most policies require immediate notification of death (according to NBC). Unfortunately in my view, the Prosecutor didn't emphasise the fact that this call was made before the body was even identified.

Re the soon to expire insurance, no this hasn't been mentioned as far as I'm aware, and as I've mentioned here in the last day or so, I just can't understand why. This is crucial to proving motive. I just don't get it.

Finally listened to GBC's police interview & just the sound of his voice is enough to make you sick. He couldn' even bring himself to say her name.

Yes I couldn't get through listening to all of it - it literally made me feel sick. A few people have commented on his inability to say her name. I wonder how much of that is because of what he's done and his need to detach from that.

Something I've noticed myself just posting here - I've found that if i'm writing about something like the autopsy results, for example, I start getting upset if I try to type things like, "Allison's body" and find myself typing "the body" or "a body" instead. It's like I need a degree of clinical detachment to be able to write about it.

I wonder if a similar mechanism is at play? (I wonder if it's a regular thing that murderers don't often call their victims by name too?)

Perhaps these matters are part of the Agreed Facts which were handed up at the end of the Prosecution case. The jury will see these and possibly any statements related to same.

I hope so and those things are highlighted for the Jury.

Apologies if this has already been answered doc - but yes the immediate call to the insurers upon hearing of a body found was discussed in NBCs testimony. NBC was in GBCs office with him and they saw on the internet that a body had been found, then not long after that the police arrived at the office and broke the news (shame they saw it on the net first so could prepare their reaction). NBC said it was on his advice that GBC ring insurer as most policies require immediate notification of death (according to NBC). Unfortunately in my view, the Prosecutor didn't emphasise the fact that this call was made before the body was even identified.

Re the soon to expire insurance, no this hasn't been mentioned as far as I'm aware, and as I've mentioned here in the last day or so, I just can't understand why. This is crucial to proving motive. I just don't get it.

Insurance agent statement in the bail documents. There is no inference in the substantive case, that collection of insurance is a motive. Allison moved to reduce the cover some weeks before, it's not at play.

Just adding a couple of things while I think of them that I am pretty sure we haven't mentioned.

My daughter sometimes gets up for a glass of water after I've tucked her in and said goodnight, it annoys me slightly as I always again say good night and take her to her room, putting on the light to make sure she gets in her bed ok. Surely Allison would have said goodnight to her again when the daughter said she saw her last sitting on the couch. It has never been stated that Allison spoke to the daughter from the couch. Why?

Could Allison have been sitting upright on the way to the bridge? She would have looked like she was asleep. (sorry, but like weekend at Bernie's style) If he placed her lying down, surely he would have had a blanket or something hiding her. Were the toys put in the boot to cover her or placed there in the morning?

There is something not right about the night prior. Why go to Mt Cootha? Why did he look so tired and have such a blood shot eye the next day at the cross country?

Tomorrow is the only chance for the prosecution to nail him. I hope they use this time for the benefit of Allison,her daughters and her family and friends. Hopefully not so soft and kind prosecution will finally take over.
I am sitting at 50/50 for guilty/non guilty I'm afraid. Besides the face scratches I would find it very hard to find him guilty of murder beyond a reasonable doubt. : (

Insurance agent statement in the bail documents. There is no inference in the substantive case, that collection of insurance is a motive. Allison moved to reduce the cover some weeks before, it's not at play.

according to msm, Allison moved to reduce the cover on the 17th of April. It could have been still in progress on the 20th, meaning unfinished.

I also could not find anything on GBC's googling about the Fifth Amendment that tragic morning. Hasn't that fact been included in the case?

It didn't sound like it KG, unless the media missed some things in their reporting, or all of the agreed facts weren't read out :(

So the case is getting to the business end, and now people are lining up for a seat in the court pre-dawn this morning so they can "be part of history" and "support Allison". Is this some sort of game to these people, are you kidding me, you would rather support Allison by being so damn selfish and taking the seats of family members that are there to ACTUALLY support each other. To all of you people that rush to get there early so they can get a seat, you should be ashamed of yourselves. This is not a spectacle, this is not a show. As if the family are not dealing with enough already, especially at this crucial time.

Some Family members could not get a seat in court on Thursday, they could not get in to the public gallery overflow room, it was only the kind gesture of the media to allow them to go into the media room that allowed them to see proceedings.

FAMILY MEMBERS ARE HAVING TO QUEUE UP FOR TICKETS TO GET SEATS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

I will try to find a link but I'm quite sure that the phone calls to the insurers in the weeks before Allison's death, was indeed mentioned on the Agreed Facts. Surely this is inference that collection of insurance may be a motive, along with discussing the timing of the call to the insurer when Allison died, with NBC?

However, as far as I can see, the fact that Allison's policy was going to expire in May had they not paid the outstanding premium by then, was not mentioned. And I don't understand why! :please:

As I've said before, I'm sure the prosecutor knows a lot more than me about this stuff and doesn't need my help, I need to have faith there is a plan in place and all will be well .....

So the case is getting to the business end, and now people are lining up for a seat in the court pre-dawn this morning so they can "be part of history" and "support Allison". Is this some sort of game to these people, are you kidding me, you would rather support Allison by being so damn selfish and taking the seats of family members that are there to ACTUALLY support each other. To all of you people that rush to get there early so they can get a seat, you should be ashamed of yourselves. This is not a spectacle, this is not a show. As if the family are not dealing with enough already, especially at this crucial time.

Some Family members could not get a seat in court on Thursday, they could not get in to the public gallery overflow room, it was only the kind gesture of the media to allow them to go into the media room that allowed them to see proceedings.

FAMILY MEMBERS ARE HAVING TO QUEUE UP FOR TICKETS TO GET SEATS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

This is so wrong :( How stressful for the family in an already horrific situation.

Do we know how many agreed facts that the defence & prosecution agreed on?? Have they all been mentioned in the media?

So horrible that the family & friends have to go thru this process, just to get a seat. :facepalm: Hope they all get a seat today without any dramas!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288