The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 1st July - Trial Day 13, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 1m
#badenclay very emotional as he recalls asking his sister if she thought it was too early to call police. @7NewsBrisbane

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 1m
Gerard #badenclay says he asked his sister Olivia if she thought it was too early to call police. She said no. He's crying. @9NewsBrisbane

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Dabs face with a hanky, blows nose, grabs a tissue, dabs eyes again, 'sorry, where are we' #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 19s

Gerard is crying as he describes calling the non-emergency police number. He hung up and called Triple-0. #badenclay

After that, Gerard called his sister to let her know he'd called police and was on the way home. #badenclay

Pass the bucket to Gerry for the tears. :drumroll:

Bangs head on door* .. I have wondered ,often, why Olivia and Nige went straight into panic mode.... its not that late, but its definitely panic mode there, . they knew the entire situation, , the money , the girlfriend, the debts, the deadline....

they had a reason to panic..

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 1m

After that, Gerard called his sister to let her know he'd called police and was on the way home. #badenclay

Next is a call between Gerard and Olivia, followed by a call between Gerard's parents. #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 1m

He then called Triple O. It's around 7:20am #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 1m

Police told Gerard to go home. They would send somebody straight over #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Gerard cries as he says he asked his sister 'do you think it's too early to call the police' #badenclay

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 1m
#badenclay says he asked his sister if it was too early to call police. She said no, to call. @abcnews

It's never too early to call the police after you've <allegedly> murdered your wife.

Caroline Overington &#8207;@overingtonc 1m

Allison's parents do not yet know she is missing #badenclay :(

Gerard's parents are talking to each other; there is poor reception so many calls are dropping out #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 9s

Again are calls from Gerard's father trying to get through to his mother. #badenclay

Further calls from the home phone to Allison's mobile at 8.48am. Could have been a police officer. #badenclay

Then we have calls between Gerard's mum and dad. #badenclay

I don't know if this has been said before -- I haven't been here in a while -- but for me the biggest flaw in the suicide theory is the missing phone. Why would she go to such trouble to get rid of it? This is probably obvious to the rest of you, it just occurred to me! Carry on :)

Yep, and that's my one sticking point too, Sheldor.

Caroline Overington &#8207;@overingtonc 47s

There are several more calls from the home phone to Allison's mobile #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 10s

Now we have calls to the Brookfield State School. #badenclay

Another call from the woman who was supposed to go to the conference with Allison. #badenclay

Yes, I have wondered about this too. What if, assuming that anything is possible and that this forum isn't just a lynch mob for GBC, that he gave her his phone, went to bed and then Toni called or texted and ABC intercepted this call. She realises with horror, after everything GBC has promised about repairing the marriage, about truth, after getting ABC back into the business, about moving forward, that he is still communicating with Toni (and therefore likely still shagging her), and tragically, in a fit of despair that is horrid to imagine, she takes a bunch of pills (and maybe a couple of stiff drinks) and wanders off into the night, walking, walking, thinking, crying, unaware of time and space, and then she either crawls under Kholo Creek bridge to die (many suiciders take their final sleep under a bridge) or she meets with foul play. The former is more likely given the lack of physical evidence. And on that score, the lack of physical evidence due to decomposition is what, in my opinion, has weakened the impact of the blood stains. Apart from a chipped tooth, there was no evidence of where blood might have escaped from (eg no obvious injuries). Just putting it out there as a possibility. MOO.

Respectfully Radster, are we listening to the same trial?

Police arrived at the house around 8am; Gerard thinks police may have made one of calls to Allison's mobile from his home phone #badenclay

No calls to the Dickie's yet?? But many calls between the BC'S !:banghead:

Yes - you'd think that if he was actually trying to *find* Allison, he'd start by asking the people she was closest too if they'd heard from her - friends, her family? Calling your own dad first seems more like "help I've stuffed up"

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 2m
Gerard running through a series of calls between his parents, staff, sister, Allison's phone the morning he reported her missing #badenclay

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 1m
Jury members have the a print out of the phone records, flicking through them as Gerard gives evidence #badenclay

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 50s
Staff member Kate Rankin called, cancelled plans to go to the conference, wanted to 'wait to find out what happen to Al' #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 9s

Calls from the home phone to a friend of Gerard and Allison's. Gerard called to let them know Allison was missing. #badenclay

Calls between Olivia and her husband. Calls between Gerard's parents. #badenclay

Yes, I have wondered about this too. What if, assuming that anything is possible and that this forum isn't just a lynch mob for GBC, that he gave her his phone, went to bed and then Toni called or texted and ABC intercepted this call. She realises with horror, after everything GBC has promised about repairing the marriage, about truth, after getting ABC back into the business, about moving forward, that he is still communicating with Toni (and therefore likely still shagging her), and tragically, in a fit of despair that is horrid to imagine, she takes a bunch of pills (and maybe a couple of stiff drinks) and wanders off into the night, walking, walking, thinking, crying, unaware of time and space, and then she either crawls under Kholo Creek bridge to die (many suiciders take their final sleep under a bridge) or she meets with foul play. The former is more likely given the lack of physical evidence. And on that score, the lack of physical evidence due to decomposition is what, in my opinion, has weakened the impact of the blood stains. Apart from a chipped tooth, there was no evidence of where blood might have escaped from (eg no obvious injuries). Just putting it out there as a possibility. MOO.

I thought it was possible that Allison intercepted the call, but my take is that she would have confronted Gerald immediately... and an argument ensued. The suicide theory doesn't stack up for me....there's the blood, the leaves, the missing phone, normal toxicology reports, no broken bones from jumping off bridge - not to mention the scratches on Gerard.

Morning Doc. :) The ABC I knew was happy, positive, optimistic, energetic and fun. I was aware she had suffered from post natal depression after her third child, but it was mentioned in a past tense way and nothing gave me the impression she was still depressed two years ago. I was not aware she had suffered depression prior to her third pregnancy. Looking back, there were times when she didn't turn up with GBC because she was 'coming down with something' which I took at face value at the time - and GBC did bring the little one along to meetings quite often, but at the time I just thought he was being a snag. I don't know what to think any more. It is difficult for me to correlate the ABC I knew with the picture painted by GBC. It is also difficult to separate my own experience of living for years with a partner who suffered from depression because I can identify with a lot of what GBC has said, and I'm not sure that anyone who hadn't experienced that would be able to describe it so well. So my thoughts on the matter are probably about as helpful as the preverbial udder on a bull.

Thanks for this post redlightthroughpaper. Some of these things are experienced by the partners of a person suffering depression. From Rx accounts, Allison's was managed and she was able to function in roles at home and in the community. However, one's experience of having a depressed partner is influenced by one's own personality and sense of entitlement IMO. If one tends towards NP then one might experience such a partner as a 'burden'. My opinion only.

Oh, and another thing -- what was the story with the witness (Alison's friend I seem to recall) who initially said that GBC had called her and said she ABC hadn't been seen since the night before when she went for a walk. The witness apparently asked if she usually went walking at 10 pm at night and GBC allegedly said yes. Did that evidence come out in the prosecution's case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam