The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 1st July - Trial Day 13, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think they're going to complain that he wasn't under oath when he wrote that, therefore it needs to be discounted?

Maybe they want to say it was written for marketing puroposes (therefore may not be an actual representation of how things really were)?

So IMO he comes across as a massive manipulator but I think it's not going to get a conviction.

Baden-Clay said he did not treat the words “unconditionally” as a joke.

The accused agreed he told her he wanted to leave his wife and be with her unconditionally.

He agreed there was contact between them from that moment on, on some occasions “quite regular”.

Baden-Clay agreed they phoned, used the Bruce Overland account and sometimes met.

He agreed that was difficult under the new regime his wife imposed.

Mr Fuller: “So you effectively had stolen moments with her?”

Baden-Clay agreed.

He could not say why he had sex with Ms McHugh.

“One occasion was after we had met at a coffee shop and when we went back to our cars, to leave, I sat in her car and talked with her for a little bit longer and… how much sordid detail?,” he said.

“It wasn’t sex as in intercourse… I don’t know if I can answer that question.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226972945594

looks like the defence has an objection

phfft, party poopers. :D

Hi Forensics, would you like to do some of the retweets after lunch? I will be here, I don't mind keep doing them. :) I'm happy either way.

Wow - I've been working all morning, and have just sent my eyes into a spin whizzing through page after page - and have just caught up.

Nice work Todd Fuller, so far. That blog is going to get him undone - I think.

But Fuller can't let him off the hook - he has to question him about all sorts of stuff yet. But I AM impressed that they have the blog entry - perhaps the prosecution have been reading WS? ;)

OK - I'm strapped in and waiting for the afternoon session....

Lunch time...make your own sandwiches today :)

hungry-eyes.jpg

sliced-bread-loaf-562266.jpg

He wasn't under oath when he wrote the emails, shouldn't make a difference.

That's true and GBC can say well, the blog was all bs, but the Defence must thing it's harmful being 'out there' for the jury? jmo

Wow - I've been working all morning, and have just sent my eyes into a spin whizzing through page after page - and have just caught up.

Nice work Todd Fuller, so far. That blog is going to get him undone - I think.

But Fuller can't let him off the hook - he has to question him about all sorts of stuff yet. But I AM impressed that they have the blog entry - perhaps the prosecution have been reading WS? ;)

OK - I'm strapped in and waiting for the afternoon session....

Yep I think since back in May 2012 when the blog was first posted on here :)

There's a lot of 'Allison' happening now, vs the teary 'Al's of previous days

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 11s

Fuller says Toni was under Gerard's spell. She was vulnerable from her own relationship troubles. #badenclay

Gerard: I didn't think of her as vulnerable. #badenclay

And yet he was sleeping with her to placate her ......................................

Does he actually have a brain????

That's true and GBC can say well, the blog was all bs, but the Defence must thing it's harmful being 'out there' for the jury? jmo

IMO - The defence doesn't want it included because it contradicts much of what he's said. But if it was used as a sales/marketing tool, he should be the one that explains that to the jury not the defense team.

Hopefully they don't have a legal reason to exclude it.

So IMO he comes across as a massive manipulator but I think it's not going to get a conviction.

Why do you say that? Surely that blog entry puts his entire evidence down as unreliable. And even if he says the blog entry was all false, surely that will have him labelled as a liar and spin merchant anyway?

Given the situation that GBC and Allison were in - the affair(s), the financial problems, the damning emails, the blood in the car, the scratches, etc etc - I'm just wondering what alternative explanation you or anyone can put forward as to WHO killed Allison? She sure as heck didn't kill herself. My response to your earlier post asking about evidence that excluded things such as jumping off the bridge, drowning, or overdose, should have answered all of that for you.

If it is all about Means, Motive, and Opportunity - we appear to be heading for a slam dunk, a lay-down misere. With no plausible alternative.

"It wasn't sex as in intercourse, but umm, I don't know if I can really answer that question," Mr Baden-Clay replied.

what was it then?? did he put it in her ear??:dunno::eek:hwow::noooo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member