The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 1st July - Trial Day 13, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not recollect that, what I know, was that in order for her to move on, I felt it would be necessary for her to be the one to make the determination there was no future for us,” he said.

Baden-Clay said he had conversations with his wife about ending their marriage before seeing psychiatrist Dr Tom George in 2009.

He agreed he did not tell Dr George he wanted out of the marriage because his wife no longer slept with him.

“I complained to him about the fact that Allison had been telling herself that she did not have depression, for many years, and that when she was forced to, for want of a better description, be capable … she would do that, but whenever I was around she didn’t seem to make any effort at all,” he said.

Baden-Clay agreed there was tension between them about making decisions in the household.

He agreed he told Dr George he was frustrated by his wife’s level of dependence on him.

Baden-Clay agreed he told the doctor he had some financial stress at the real estate agency and resented his wife purchasing an expensive treadmill.

He agreed he did not tell Dr George he was not having enough sex.

“I never wanted to put pressure on Allison additionally on our sex life and one of the side-effects of her medication was a loss of libido and weight gain … it sounds pathetic,” he said.

Baden-Clay said he could not remember his wife’s 40th birthday.

Mr Fuller asked him if he remembered writing about it in a blog in 2008.

“I don’t recollect,” he said.

Mr Fuller read from the blog post, in which Baden-Clay wrote of trying to do the best impersonation of his wife, who had just turned 40, and was spending a week at the Golden Door Health Retreat.

The trial will resume at 2.30pm.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226972945594

Great job tweeters- thanks. This guy is copping it so hard and fast he thinks he's surrounded!! Been waiting so long for this. Absolutely getting no work done though . Do a bit now until 2.30.
Hugs for the Dickies - not long of this left. Guilty verdict is coming.

Francene Norton @francenenorton · 2 Std.

Today Allison Baden-Clay would've turned 46.

:cake4u:

Happy Birthday to you, beautiful Allison!

So he kept having sex or whatever it was with her because she was fragile, he just wanted sex or to keep her in the business? Can't make up his mind can he....

Just whatever excuse makes him sound like a 'good guy'. He's a salesman.

Can someone please post a list of important prosecution questions, that have not already been asked?
As our friend , Dr Watson just said, they might be reading here.
Our list , whilst in the break, could help the Prosecution ... to nail him. ;)

He reminds me of my first husband he slept with everyone all the time too

mine too. I deserve better than a fat ugly thing like you mine said as I booted him out the door. Needless to say he is on his 4th wife and numerous children still with bits of fluff on the side :facepalm:

Can anyone go out and get me more firewood so i can stay here all warm and toasty? I don't really want to start on the furniture.

Tweets were so fast today I couldn't even read alot them all as I copied them. How in hell they type so fast I'll never know.

Wonder how poor G's feeling ( if he does have feelings !)

"It wasn't sex as in intercourse, but umm, I don't know if I can really answer that question," Mr Baden-Clay replied.

what was it then?? did he put it in her ear??:dunno::eek:hwow::noooo:

Let's not go there trooper. 101 ways to skin a cat.

Why do you say that? Surely that blog entry puts his entire evidence down as unreliable. And even if he says the blog entry was all false, surely that will have him labelled as a liar and spin merchant anyway?

Given the situation that GBC and Allison were in - the affair(s), the financial problems, the damning emails, the blood in the car, the scratches, etc etc - I'm just wondering what alternative explanation you or anyone can put forward as to WHO killed Allison? She sure as heck didn't kill herself. My response to your earlier post asking about evidence that excluded things such as jumping off the bridge, drowning, or overdose, should have answered all of that for you.

If it is all about Means, Motive, and Opportunity - we appear to be heading for a slam dunk, a lay-down misere. With no plausible alternative.

Okay sorry I must have missed that post so I went back and found it. Yes those causes of death are unlikely, but no one has put forward a likely cod. Drowning or falling wasn't ruled out, however unlikely.
Don't get me wrong, I see that everything put together is damning, but for what it's worth one has to lie when keeping up appearances.
For me there is the what if he isn't lying now, which creates reasonable doubt.
I understand that some of you guys have been here for 2 years and have made up your minds that he is definitely guilty. I just trying to see it from the perspective of the jury, which is hard in itself because we don't get to see reactions.
Possible plausible alternatives I have no idea really. I guess jealous mistress, suicide and misadventure. While I'm rambling I fully believe that someone can commit suicide while appearing happy and functioning. And to the people that say she wouldn't leave her girls, it happens, as my mum left me and my siblings.

That being said, I'm sorry for Allison and her family, and especially her children and I hope they find peace, whatever the outcome. :heartbeat::heartbeat:

Wow Gerard!
Why so anti-Allison?, she was a keeper!
It would be hard to find a loving wife that has no issues when you bring a piece back to the family home for a bit of loving, as long as she doesn't stay over.

haha, you delirious fool.

Is it really possibly he thinks he has a chance to get everyone to see the events his way?! haha!

I am so happy the prosecution know about the blog and want to use it. I hope the judge allows it, he did put it out there for the world to see.

I hope this prosecutor keeps going. He's doing well so far. Lots more to point out though in terms of holes and questions both! I hope this goes on for at least as long as the defence had him up there for.

Wow Gerard!
Why so anti-Allison?, she was a keeper!
It would be hard to find a loving wife that has no issues when you bring a piece back to the family home for a bit of loving, as long as she doesn't stay over.

haha, you delirious fool.

Is it really possibly he thinks he has a chance to get everyone to see the events his way?! haha!

IMO He was Anti - Allison because she was better than him. and he wanted to put her in her place - where thought she should be. Hence still doing that with his testimony making it clear HIS job paid well and hers didn't...

1:27pm Wrap: So far today ...

* Crown prosecutor Todd Fuller QC began his cross-examination of Mr Baden-Clay in dramatic fashion.

Mr Fuller: "Mr Baden-Clay you deceived your wife for nearly four years didn't you?"

Mr Baden-Clay: "Yes."

* Speaking loudly and forcefully, Mr Fuller stood at the bar with his hands folded in front of him. Mr Baden-Clay sat in the witness box responding to Mr Fuller's questions in a hushed tones, prompting Justice John Byrne to request the former real estate agent speak louder. Mr Baden-Clay sat in the witness box with his hands folded in his lap, occasionally sipping from a cup of water.

* Mr Baden-Clay admitted to sleeping with another woman while at a conference in Sydney. At the time, he was still in a secret relationship with his long-time mistress Toni McHugh, while maintaining his marriage.

* But the 43-year-old denied ever intending to leave his wife for Ms McHugh.

* He also denied being under significant financial pressure at the time of his wife's disappearance, saying he was only under "some" financial pressure and "things were getting better".

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-13-week-4-20140701-3b55i.html#ixzz36BU7MEdO

'It was a fantasy' says Gerard...

* Ger Ger Ger.. you are the fantasy...

Just whatever excuse makes him sound like a 'good guy'. He's a salesman.

That's it possum. He was a salesman. Spin was his job. I don't think creating an 'image of success' facade is unusual in the field of real estate. Some might even think it necessary. I think this probably affected how both GBC and ABC interacted with others in the community sometimes too - and how GBC promoted himself etc. Maybe that's why a lot of the behavioural stuff that went down that others in here think was so odd, seems so ordinary and understandable to me. I don't know. I do know that it was quite therapeutic for me to have GBC pulled through the coals by the prosecution about his philandering. Guilty or not of murder - he deserved that.

Can anyone go out and get me more firewood so i can stay here all warm and toasty? I don't really want to start on the furniture.

Here you go...have a forest...:)

biz_miller-225x300.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members