The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 1st July - Trial Day 13, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 16s
He says there was no agreement on the interest he would pay, and the loans were not secured against anything #badenclay

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · now
Gerard says they were not anticipating an early return on their money #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 13s
Fuller says Phil and Jocelyn paid in $25k each and in return got a third share of the sales side, quarter of rental side. #badenclay

Thanks laserdisc10

Maybe just me, but not 'feeling it' and can't relate - Fuller & GBC without some emotional context are just coming across as sharing a chat over coffee.

More emotional context from the court room would be helpful.

Not to burden you though.

Consider - I think we will get this later when the tweets have slowed down - and we reflet on what has happened during the day - also when WS'ers have been in court! Its difficult otherwise to bring that across!
:twocents:

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 23s
These were long standing friends of mine, says Gerard #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 9s
Fuller says in November, 2011, the rent roll agreement was struck. #badenclay

David Murray @TheMurrayD · 34s
Gerard: these were long standing friends I was borrowing from. Fuller: the subtlety hadn't escaped me #badenclay

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 11s
These were long standing friends who out money into his business with faith in him that business would grow #badenclay

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 28s
This did put pressure on him, Gerard agrees #badenclay

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 13s
He had been speaking to banks but 'we still weren't in a strong position' to make a bank loan viable #badenclay

Gerard: these were long standing friends I was borrowing from. Fuller: the subtlety hadn't escaped me

:floorlaugh:

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 35s
Gerard says at that time he hadn't been able to borrow from a financial institution. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 1m
Gerard says he had been having conversations with Century 21 owner Charles Tarbey, as well as banks re buying out rent roll. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · now
Fuller says Gerard had bought the rent roll for $300k, had only given himself three weeks to find the money. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 31s
Gerard says Charles Tarbey couldn't lend him the money so they altered the contract to vendor funding. #badenclay

David Murray @TheMurrayD · 34s
Gerard: these were long standing friends I was borrowing from. Fuller: the subtlety hadn't escaped me #badenclay

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 11s
These were long standing friends who out money into his business with faith in him that business would grow #badenclay

"The subtlety hadn't escaped me" Go get him!!!!

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 19s
Fuller: But you had no prospects of raising the money? #badenclay

David Murray @TheMurrayD · now
Fuller asking Gerard about a contract he had to buy his partners out in the rental side of the business. Payment was looming #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 27s
Fuller says he'd already borrowed $270K from his friends. #badenclay

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 17s
He agrees that he was facing the prospect of having to pay 300k #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 35s
Gerard says at that time he hadn't been able to borrow from a financial institution. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 1m
Gerard says he had been having conversations with Century 21 owner Charles Tarbey, as well as banks re buying out rent roll. #badenclay

Thank you for admitting your borrowing resources were dwindling.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 21s
Fuller says that's when Gerard turned to Bruce Flegg. Gerard says he was one of the people he spoke to. #badenclay

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 39s
He had already borrowed from friends and banks were not forthcoming #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members