The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 1st July - Trial Day 13, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 23s
Fuller is asking Gerard about his conversation with Sue Heath about borrowing money from Dr Bruce Flegg. #badenclay

Sorry for being stupid - but I do not get why that warranted the "go get him" comment???

Am I missing something?

Just meaning "keep after him Prosecuter Fuller." Just me getting excited, not meaning to offend.

3:39pm: Mr Fuller: "Now let's have a change of tack. Your phone. It's your lifeblood as a real estate agent."

3:38pm: Mr Fuller asked Mr Baden-Clay why he twice phoned Ms McHugh in the days after his wife's disappearance.

"Well Toni McHugh had nothing to do with the disappearance of Allison, did she?" Mr Fuller asked.

"I don't know, but I presume not," Mr Baden-Clay said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-13-week-4-20140701-3b55i.html#ixzz36C9DKu2n

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 4s
Fuller says that would have left Gerard's friends without the money they'd loaned him. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 30s
Gerard says he could have departed the business relatively unscathed. #badenclay

'His' business

but he had no assets, nothing other than himself invested

His friends and lenders stood to lose everything

imo

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 33s
Gerard says his friends were highly intelligent and understood going in that they could lose everything #badenclay

David Murray @TheMurrayD · 33s
Fuller: you contacted Dr Flegg again, wanted a loan #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 7s
Gerard says he wasn't able to assist then, but Dr Flegg told him he could contact him later. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 31s
Fuller asks why they didn't just set the date for September. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 46s
Fuller says Gerard had to pay a 10 per cent deposit and the rest by June, with a discretionary extension to September. #badenclay

HMM Gerard thinks....What to do? What to do? Before September...

3:54pm: Mr Fuller: "Let's deal with your business for the moment ... You told police ... that you were on the bones of your arse."

Mr Baden-Clay: "I don't remember using that term, but we weren't flush with cash."

3:52pm: Mr Fuller has turned his attention to the scratches on Mr Baden-Clay's face which appeared the morning he reported his wife missing.

"I suggest to you that what you did to your face was not a shaving injury," Mr Fuller said.

"It was," Mr Baden-Clay replied.

"That it came about when your wife scratched you," Mr Fuller said.

"It did not," Mr Baden-Clay replied.

"At a time when she was struggling with you," Mr Fuller said.

"No, that's completely false," Mr Baden-Clay replied.

3:48pm: "You had been using the phone up until the last message you sent?" Mr Fuller asked.

"Well I had gotten permission from Allison to send those," Mr Baden-Clay replied.

Mr Baden-Clay again denied connecting his phone to the charger that night.

3:43pm: Mr Fuller said Mr Baden-Clay's mobile phone was connected on a charger on his bedside table at an "ungodly hour" of 1.48am on April 20, 2012.

Mr Baden-Clay said he no recollection of when his phone was put there.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-13-week-4-20140701-3b55i.html#ixzz36C9M7xyT

David Murray @TheMurrayD · 24s
Gerard says Dr Flegg had previously told him to come back to him in the future #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 6s
Fuller says Gerard took Dr Flegg outside in Jan, 2012, to accuse him of telling people his business was in trouble. #badenclay

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 33s
Gerard says his friends were highly intelligent and understood going in that they could lose everything #badenclay

David Murray @TheMurrayD · 33s
Fuller: you contacted Dr Flegg again, wanted a loan #badenclay

Oxymoron much ?

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 2m

Fuller: that would have left your friends without their $270k and interest #badenclay

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 3m

#badenclay : "If I indeed were in such dire financial circumstances, I could roll up everything & depart the business relatively unscathed."

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 20s
Gerard says Flegg was shocked he would suggest such a thing. #badenclay

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 50s
Gerard agrees that he tried to talk to his local member about borrowing money #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · now
Gerard says he wanted to maintain the profitability. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 22s
Fuller says Gerard had told Flegg he didn't want any more equity partners. #badenclay

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 43s
Gerard agrees that there was gossip in the community that the business was going down #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 11s
Gerard is giving a different account of the phone call to Sue Heath. #badenclay

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 9s
Gerard denies that he told Dr Flegg's staff that he needed money to stave off bankruptcy #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 15s
Gerard says Sue told him Flegg didn't have the money to lend. Says "I know full well that he did". #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member