The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 1st July - Trial Day 13, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right, that was in the bail hearing docs but since then, in the trial it has been confirmed as being substantiated.

Edit. Marly I have a distinct recollection of it being ruled out. Does anyone else. It's not in the agreed facts as I just checked.

I believe the cut on his hand was satisfactorily accounted for in court yesterday.

I'm seeing plenty of "himself" saying he cut it changing a light bulb but I'm not seeing anything from prosecutor confirming it.

Just a question about post sentencing (presuming there is one), what are we Alison baden clay sleuthers going to do? I feel we have created such a tight community brought together from a tragic event that I will miss you guys. The case has been a considerable focus for us but there has been such an accepting environment regarding our own struggles with anxiety, depression, violent spouses, fainting kids, lung transplants etc it would be a shame to lose that connection. .... maybe WS could create a thread called "Alison Baden-Clay withdrawal support group" and we could pop in for a chin wag and a cyber cuppa from Marly every now and again. I would hate to think that our only interactions were as a result of other unfortunate murderous events! Have really enjoyed the discussions, humour and the out pouring of empathy and sorrow for the BC girls and Mr and Mrs Dickie.

What a great idea! It would be nice to still be able to swap stories without the fear of being modsnipped. Sorry Marly and Kimster... And after the sentencing, if there is one, are we allowed to talk freely about what else we may know? Personally, I've enjoyed this time immensely and am not looking forward to it ending, (although my family probably is).

3:39pm: Mr Baden-Clay said his wife was wearing her pyjamas as they spoke on the couch that night.

"She had a sloppy joe of some sort over the top and blue hiking socks, which were actually mine, which she wore around the house as slippers," he said.

"Did you see her wearing anything else that night?" Mr Byrne said.

"No. When we got home she was already wearing that," Mr Baden-Clay replied.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-12-week-4-20140630-3b2vi.html#ixzz36DD2t46X

3:29pm: Later that day Mr Baden-Clay said he stopped by the Pullenvale house of his friend Robert Cheesman where he had been "project managing" some renovations to prepare the property for sale.

Mr Baden-Clay said he cut himself while changing a light-fitting in the main bathroom.

"I was using a ratchet screwdriver, which I'd borrowed from my father, and when I was using that screwdriver ... it slipped off and drove a little divot into the palm of my hand," he said.

The court was shown a photograph showing the injury on Mr Baden-Clay's right palm.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-12-week-4-20140630-3b2vi.html#ixzz36DDAVIEz

Thanks Marly - yes that's the first mention I saw of pyjamas on the couch. And then BGC goes on about checked ones in his ramble this week. I'm just wondering if he's only adding this detail now, since it was in daughter's testimony. Are there other police statements that he's made that aren't in the public record where he could have said that? or could he just be coming up with it now?

From what I've read in available statements, they only focussed on the "walking outfit" in his interviews. You'd think if he'd said in the early days what she was wearing when last seen on the couch, the cops would have made a big deal of looking for that outfit at the time. Otherwise it's too late now. >.<

From "himself" yesterday....so I guess there's a sloppy joe floating around somewhere along with the chequered pyjamas.

June 30, 2014

3:39pm: Mr Baden-Clay said his wife was wearing her pyjamas as they spoke on the couch that night.

"She had a sloppy joe of some sort over the top and blue hiking socks, which were actually mine, which she wore around the house as slippers," he said.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-12-week-4-20140630-3b2vi.html#ixzz36DCw53Im

He was certainly in the wars in the hours surrounding Allison's death. Lots of minor injuries to explain away.

I'm seeing plenty of "himself" saying he cut it changing a light bulb but I'm not seeing anything from prosecutor confirming it.

I recall GBC saying that the colleague was outside at the time it happened, and did he say that he never told them about it?

Does that mean that whoever that was could not refute or confirm the incident?

Quoting myself here again...What I don't understand about the finances, if someone could explain... what was the 3 x $90 000 spent on, seeing as he needed to borrow another $300 000 for the rent roll?

I don't think that's correct. He paid Peter Cranna back $50 000 that he got from Ben and Jocelyn when they bought in?

He had borrowed $90 000 from Robert Cheesman, Stuart Christ and Peter Cranna each loaned Mr Baden-Clay $90,000 to help keep his real estate agency Century 21 Westside afloat.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...than-270000-20140624-zsk9o.html#ixzz36CqEqi9I

So he wouldn't have then given that straight back to him again. So again where did the money go? It didn't go on the rent roll. And did I read correctly that he paid Jocelyn and Ben only $1 each for their stake in the sales end of the business..? Has it been addressed anywhere where this money was spent??

Without looking up the exact details, off the top of my head I remember the rent of the new Westside building was very high and way more than they needed (they'd agreed to only rent part (?~1/3) of the site then the partners made the mistake of letting GBC talk to the landlord alone and suddenly found out they were now renting the entire site. And also he/they went overboard hiring staff. So they had a lot of business expenses that could have chewed it up quickly (see the statements of J Frost and Phil Broom)

One of the payments was made directly to someone else to whom GBC owed money. And at least one (if not both) of the others were paid into GBC's joint account with Allison, (so that could have gone on anything lol) (This stuff was detailed in court evidence given by the "investors")

David Murray @TheMurrayD · 16s
Fuller: you were distressed because of the pressure and Bruce Flegg was your last resort. Gerard: no he wasn't #badenclay
No. Allison's insurance policy was!

You are right, that was in the bail hearing docs but since then, in the trial it has been confirmed as being substantiated.

Edit. Marly I have a distinct recollection of it being ruled out. Does anyone else. It's not in the agreed facts as I just checked.

I also recall this.

I believe that the blood in the car was a result of her head hitting the interior of the car when being loaded into it. Unconscious bodies are very limp and very floppy, very hard to control (I know this from moving my euthanized pet). I also think this is where the chipped tooth occurred. The blood came from either the tooth piercing the lip or from a blood nose which would definitely explain a rivulet type flow in situ. I believe that the perp either suffocated or rendered the victim temporarily unconscious using a choke hold at the family home.I reckon that the victim regained consciousness and tried to defend herself at or near the scene of her death at Kholo Creek. I don't think that the perp realised that his victim had bled therefore he overlooked the need to 'clean' the car?

I pretty much agree. Particularly about the blood. Back in the day i actually researched effects of smothering and also strangulation and found some good medical sites which outlined clinically what would happen after the death by those means. Bleeding from the mouth can occur a bit later, so he might not have noticed any blood at the time, but it started to happen after she'd been wrapped in something or whatever and loaded into the car. In the dark of night when he was trying not to attract any attention he probably wouldnt have seen it. Alternatively her head could have been scraped on the ground or cement of the carport, and sustained an injury when she was possibly being dragged into the car.

It all fits in with the fact that the children last saw the boxes of toys inside the house and suddenly they appeared in the back of the car - his attempt to quickly cover up when he realised there was blood there and had no time to clean it up.

Could someone clarify this as I understand 'refuted' to mean oppose, contradict or shoot down.

Also, surely the screwdriver would be held in his right hand and not his left, unless he is left handed.

I saw a photo or clip of him texting with his left hand.

12:49PM
Senior Constable McLeod also investigated Mr Baden-Clay's claims that he cut his hand while installing a light bulb at a friend's property which he was helping renovate.

He said the claims were verified. Mr Baden-Clay did cut his hand while helping with the renovations.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-10-week-3-20140625-3aqx5.html#ixzz35cE5Va7G

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-12-week-4-20140630-3b2vi.html#ixzz36DD2t46X

And again he's being deliberately vague. He knows about the checked pajamas and his socks, but, "a sloppy joe of some sort" phooey!

He had a rental property out that way. Of course he knew where the bridge was! I'm sure Todd Fuller will get back to that one.

Also, this is the man that use to play a game with his buddies where they would name features of a house and they would have to say which address it was. Supposedly Bruce always got it right.:tantrum:

I recall GBC saying that the colleague was outside at the time it happened, and did he say that he never told them about it?

Does that mean that whoever that was could not refute or confirm the incident?

Welll....there's not too much at all I'd believe when it comes from an accused murderer.

I like facts...from police...from prosecutors which confirm it.

Re the cut on his palm I believe this was confirmed by the prosecution as being substantiated.

I have been thinking about the pyjamas and the question Mr fuller asked GBC about are they in the photo. It would have been a pointless question to ask if GBC could have answered, no they are not in the photo because they were in the bathroom or in the dirty clothes basket in the laundry etc etc.

Mr Fuller does not ask pointless questions so there is a good reason he asked this one. I think they must be unaccounted for!

Great work Tweeters today- many thanks!

I'm wondering if Gerard's pyjamas he was wearing on the night Allison was last seen were accounted for and forensically tested? I don't recall this being mentioned.

I think Gerard is coming across as a huge liar -so many inconsistencies -
hope that the jurors can see this too. We will soon find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998