The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 1st July - Trial Day 13, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
One word I don't want to hear for a long long time is "placate". He has obviously been drilled by his defence team to use it during his "court training" sessions. It just sounds overused and therefore phoney. MOO.

I agree Snails

Without a simple little word like 'placate' GBC otherwise had to say :
I did it to keep him/her/them/it ON SIDE for my reasons, uses, that give me PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL ADVANTAGE

Placate... Use.... Manipulate...

Let his team pick a choice word.

GBC is what he is, does what he pleases, uses and abuses : by any name.

There's no hiding this enormously repugnant male behind one little word.

-----
My bold...

The socks Allison had on were not the socks she was wearing when found.

Autopsy Report: Clothing -
They were described as short white socks with a darker band at the top.

There is a details description that GBC gave to Police (I think) when describing what ABC might have been wearing - it may be around the time of the mannequin when the search for Allison was active. (I don't know where to find that - if someone can help)

But what gets me is that he said ABC was wearing a singlet (and I think the colour was mentioned by GBC prior).
Allison was wearing a purple singlet with incorporated bra. It had thin straps. It was under her BONDs jumper - not a singlet top that could be seen.

How did he know this?

On top of the right bed half there was lying something blue (photo). I couldn't identify. Has it been the pj's?

Gulp! Purple? Purple singlet?
Gulp gulp! (With squeaky voice incorporated) Who is wearing purple daily?

It is indeed very purple, puffy and shiny and brushed against me to get into court.

I was having a look back to posts when GBC was arrested and I came across this;

16 June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper
He must have undressed her and dressed her again.. interference with a corpse?

Then from xyzquestions
I was thinking that maybe her original clothes may have his blood on them? So IMO and purely speculation on my part, he may have got rid of them?

Trooper and xyzquestions have been around for a while, and so has the missing PJs discussion.

This fits really well, nice work Hillsdon and xyzquestions. Allison's fingers must have had a fair bit of his blood on them, judging by those scratches. If her arms flopped back down, it could have easily transferred to her PJs. There must have been a very, very good reason to get rid of them - it's so suspicious they didn't turn up, as 'missing PJs' does not fit his walk story. I previously posted about the possibility of soiled PJs (apparently very common in suffocation and strangulations), but the PJ + blood idea is even more plausible.

Been waiting for the pyjamas question ever since I read a description of them earlier, together with the hiking socks (actually GBCs). Always wondered about pyjamas. Where are they?

And given that (from my memory) it was unusually cold in April that year, Allison was allegedly wearing Gerard's' socks, why would she change them to normal socks? I'm only bringing up this point because I'm sitting here wearing thick socks and it's bloody cold in the western suburbs tonight and when I needed to drive to the shops I kept my thick socks on and squeezed my feet into my runners. And both are still on as I type this.

Just been thinking about the clothing Allison was found in. Can anyone
recall if she wearing a bra? I saw something about the tank top but can't
see anything regarding underwear. I only say this as I would never walk
Without one and I'm not that well endowed lol

Well it didn't go on flashy hotel rooms and movie tickets...

Ain't that the truth!

So basically that money was spent during 2011 on rent, wages, advertising, without many sales coming in. Seeing he wasn't selling, Ben and Jocelyn had left and they were the main sales people. And money coming in from the rent roll was going out to them also. Surely it would have been smarter to use that initial $270 000 to buy out the rent roll and then no money would have to got to Ben and Jocelyn anymore, and could be used to cover the day to day running of the business.

Just been thinking about the clothing Allison was found in. Can anyone
recall if she wearing a bra? I saw something about the tank top but can't
see anything regarding underwear. I only say this as I would never walk
Without one and I'm not that well endowed lol

She was wearing a singlet with a built in bra.

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 44s
Besides which, he could at any point have walked away from the business #badenclay

David Murray @TheMurrayD · 22s
Fuller: that would have left your friends without their $270k and interest #badenclay

David Murray @TheMurrayD · 49s
If he needed to he could have got out relatively unscathed - Gerard #badenclay

Friends under the bus now. I'm ok Jack, ^*/@# you!

Gerard says he went to bed at 10pm and woke at 6am. He got 8 hrs sleep!
So why did he sound sleep deprived when he was speaking to the police?
He did a lot of mumbling and umming that morning.

Just a question about post sentencing (presuming there is one), what are we Alison baden clay sleuthers going to do? I feel we have created such a tight community brought together from a tragic event that I will miss you guys. The case has been a considerable focus for us but there has been such an accepting environment regarding our own struggles with anxiety, depression, violent spouses, fainting kids, lung transplants etc it would be a shame to lose that connection. .... maybe WS could create a thread called "Alison Baden-Clay withdrawal support group" and we could pop in for a chin wag and a cyber cuppa from Marly every now and again. I would hate to think that our only interactions were as a result of other unfortunate murderous events! Have really enjoyed the discussions, humour and the out pouring of empathy and sorrow for the BC girls and Mr and Mrs Dickie.

I'm sure that he will apply for many, many appeals in the coming years. Hopefully all with the same outcome. :jail:

The screwdriver is plausible imo. If you're using it with your right hand and holding something in your left, it's possible to slip and hurt your left. I'm sure i've done it before. It's really not important in the big scheme of things.

Is the cut on his left hand though?? Where is a picture again? I thought the cut is on his right palm.

@TheMurrayD: Gerard: don't know where her pyjamas were. Her shoes were missing and a pair of leggings she wore #badenclay

I'm seeing plenty of "himself" saying he cut it changing a light bulb but I'm not seeing anything from prosecutor confirming it.

Marly, wasn't it mentioned today that the person that was with him at the house was outside at the power box. maybe because nobody actually saw GBC cut his hand it has been dismissed.

If GBC did not have any concerns about Allison and Toni being at the conference together. Why did he bother to even tell Toni that Allison would be there and the timing of that information !!! Well
This just all seems somewhat planned to me.

@KateKyriacou: Fuller says Jocelyn had gone to work for someone else. #badenclay

Sending out a message to Jocelyn. You are a very smart woman.

If GBC did not have any concerns about Allison and Toni being at the conference together. Why did he bother to even tell Toni that Allison would be there and the timing of that information !!! Well
This just all seems somewhat planned to me.

The very last time to tell her. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member