The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 1st July - Trial Day 13, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did Bruce even go into much detail about the type of clothing that she was wearing? It was always going to be too much info for him to stuff up further down the track. He should have said he had no idea what she was wearing. This is very believable. I would only have vague idea of what my wife wears on any one day or night- even hours after seeing her. Most guys don't pay much attention to these minor details. Not Bruce though- he is all knowing.
You mean GBC dont you?

Today's court proceedings have left me feeling low. GBC is just a nasty piece of work. I don't know how his ex-business partners would feel. His high school blood-brother friends - would they be squirming about his flippancy with their money, or be thinking "Good old G, gotta love him", or "poor silly *advertiser censored* has got himself in a real spot, it's only money, doesn't matter what he says to get off"? Somewhere today or yesterday G said arrogantly that when Flegg wasn't good for a loan, G knew for a fact that he had the money. That started to make me think of con men in polyester shirts that stink of days old B.O. - and that is the picture I now have of Gerard. A nasty little rancid polyester man ... But that doesn't make him a murderer. He is like a poker player. The prosecution are saying "look at the hand you were dealt, you must have been under so much pressure" - and G is saying "business as usual" ... I hope Laserdisc can report back from court and add some colour to fill in the tweets.
I thought the "Honestly!" comment about the blog was his admission that it was just PR *advertiser censored*.

I know possum! When he said he knew full well Bruce had money I thought 'Gee wizz someone is being a sour puss and expects a hand out,like he's entitled"

Whether Bruce had the money or not, he doesn't have to give hundreds of thousands to anyone he doesn't want to. Heck there's a few other aussie battler businesses he could have been thinking of helping.

And maybe if Bruce did have the money...maybe he was trying to "placate" GBC by letting him down gently.

Sheesh GBC!

I know possum! When he said he knew full well Bruce had money I thought 'Gee wizz someone is being a sour puss and expects a hand out,like he's entitled"

Whether Bruce had the money or not, he doesn't have to give hundreds of thousands to anyone he doesn't want to. Heck there's a few other aussie battler businesses he could have been thinking of helping.

And maybe if Bruce did have the money...maybe he was trying to "placate" GBC by letting him down gently.

Sheesh GBC!

Agree

Hope the jury picked-up on it

Is it just me or does anyone else think they should also push for answers as to why his family drove Allison's car that morning? I think this is crucial considering her blood was later found in it. They had their own cars there.

Is it just me or does anyone else think they should also push for answers as to why his family drove Allison's car that morning? I think this is crucial considering her blood was later found in it. They had their own cars there.

To transport the kids as carseats where already in it? When the kiddies where taken to school?

So now it's progressed from pyjamas to pyjamas with a sloppy joe on top.

3:39pm: Mr Baden-Clay said his wife was wearing her pyjamas as they spoke on the couch that night.

"She had a sloppy joe of some sort over the top and blue hiking socks, which were actually mine, which she wore around the house as slippers," he said.

"Did you see her wearing anything else that night?" Mr Byrne said.

"No. When we got home she was already wearing that," Mr Baden-Clay replied.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-12-week-4-20140630-3b2vi.html#ixzz36DD2t46X

Last one for the day: I physically ached when I read that one of the calls from landline to mobile may have been one of the girls ringing Mummy. To think of them innocently dialling away, looking out the window, fretting. I can't stand it.

It's a good point, imo

What explanation could they offer?

But maybe prosecution has to prioritize because of time restraints and follow 'bird in hand worth two in bush' philosophy

I would have just thought there would be residual stuff in the car from his clothes/body etc after scrumming around under the bridge. But as batwoman has pointed out, perhaps that residual stuff was bits of grass and leaves the same as is found at the house, so they couldn't tell the difference. :)

Being the thinking organising man GBC is I wouldn't doubt that he would have taken a big plastic bag along with him to change his clothes and shoes so as not to leave any trace in the car - perhaps NBC took these home for EBC to wash ? Or they even disposed of them into a rubbish bin somewhere.

I get the impression that GBC wouldn't be able to tell the truth even if it was to his benefit. Does he have some sort of aversion to being honest? It's so second nature for him to lie or exaggerate, I don't think he can control it. I understand better now what being a compulsive liar looks like. And he admits to stringing people along like it's totally normal behaviour. If I was on the jury I would find it really hard to consider the evidence in a balanced way because I just don't trust a thing he says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member