The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 1st July - Trial Day 13, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we ever find out why the police were asking people about the kenmore roundabout that night and saying they'd have seen something unusual? Implied they think something happened there and wanted witnesses? I have no idea what, can't have been just seeing the cars as seeing a car doesnt look unusual of itself.

I was wondering that today. I think it was Neuromancer who suggested to ingratiate himself with whom he took to be 'the boys'? Hence probably the revolting *****, shower and shave (the latter courtesy Edward Scissorhands) commentary too.

I also think to give the illusion of complete transparency, which he is trying to maintain to this very day.

yes he's been doing this so much in court too - sharing a ton of info to appear forthcoming.

also the "S, S & shave" line and "on the bones of our arse" both stand out as unusually and deliberately crude compared with the rest of his speech - as well as being blokey, it has an air of trying to "bring himself down to their level" (because clearly, he's so much smarter and more educated than the police... :facepalm: )

Funny that he tried to deny the "bones..." comment in court today too

P.S. DrWatson, if you indeed look like Jonathan LaPaglia in blue scrubs, please don same and head to your nearest McDonalds forthwith. I will be the redhead in librarian glasses avoiding the coffee.

Dang - I must have gone to the wrong Maccas. I looked for a redhead in librarian glasses avoiding the coffee and ended up propositioning Prince Harry in drag. I hope you didn't make a fool of yourself with an off-duty sailor... ;)

I'm still catching up but it seems to me that for the last three days he has been trying to convince the jury , the judge you and me and everyone else that he is a liar . A very good and successful liar . I'm so impressed

Whoa!!! 63 pages to catch up on tonight!!!!! Will have to skim as I've just driven for 6 hrs and have an even longer drive tomorrow (bad timing having to be away right now!!!)
But m busting to know what's happened today!!!!!!

So now it's progressed from pyjamas to pyjamas with a sloppy joe on top.

And also a tracksuit top.....over head...consistent with being dragged. Horrific thought but it sounds to me like she may have been dragged along by her feet.

Trial day 1...

Crown prosecutor Todd Fuller, QC, has launched his opening address to the jury before a packed court room.

Crown Prosecutor Todd Fuller, QC, said Mrs Baden-Clay's tracksuit top was pulled up over her head, "consistent with her having been dragged".

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ive-coverage-day-1-week-1-20140609-39srt.html

Whoa!!! 63 pages to catch up on tonight!!!!! Will have to skim as I've just driven for 6 hrs and have an even longer drive tomorrow (bad timing having to be away right now!!!)
But m busting to know what's happened today!!!!!!

An increasingly grumpy and resentful GBC being batted around by the prosecution like a stunned mouse.

The forum itself is now obsessed with the pyjamas catching Bwanas unawares.

Dang - I must have gone to the wrong Maccas. I looked for a redhead in librarian glasses avoiding the coffee and ended up propositioning Prince Harry in drag. I hope you didn't make a fool of yourself with an off-duty sailor... ;)

:floorlaugh:

OH and about those pyjamas, don't be surprised if Mr Fuller does not revisit them (he may), but I think as important as their whereabouts is GBC's evidence as to whether he even looked for them THAT DAY. His repeated 'can't see them in the picture' was terrible. Just terrible. Eventually said he didn't know where they were but they've got him on that: he didn't look and it is one of the first things anyone in his position would do.

So true! If Allison was his "beloved", then those pyjamas he mentions would be precious and an important clue to what happened to her.

An increasingly grumpy and resentful GBC being batted around by the prosecution like a stunned mouse.

The forum itself is now obsessed with the pyjamas catching Bwanas unawares.

Oh Bwanas in pajamas are coming down the stairs
the Prosecution caught them unawares
then Gerard saw Bwanas pashing down the stairs

So true! If Allison was his "beloved", then those pyjamas he mentions would be precious and an important clue to what happened to her.

Exactly....& as I said earlier tonight...

No doubt he was being a smart bottom but then he states...

Gerard: don't know where her pyjamas were. Her shoes were missing and a pair of leggings she wore

He claims the last time he saw Allison she was wearing chequered pyjamas.

Those pyjamas would be the first thing you would look for to show whether she'd changed into something else or not.

Yeah, thanks good Doctor, I did, but I just wanted sex. My husband has gained weight and lost his libido while I've been busy doing all the ironing, you see. So it's all good. My able seaman's really helping my ailing business too. I am lying here on my confiscated phone texting you while whispering sweet whateverhewantstohears to him. It's not an affair. It's not a relationship. It's, it's, it's...COMPLICATED.

"Dragged by her feet" makes plain sense given jumper up and arms tangled up in it.

I struggled with digesting today. I've been off and online and couldn't relate to WS 'excitement' against the dry feeds of text between prosecution and GBC.

Has someone summarised the 'benefits' to finding Allison's last hours/days of truth from court exchange today?

Is there a page I can go to?

Such a significant day with few left and I'd really appreciate any help in getting my head around today's progress.

Sorry to be so high maintenance at such an hour.

Trooper will jump on board, do the reading and put me to shame no doubt!:facepalm:

Well you can either read the short summary of trial day 13...

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226974352079

or the very long summary....

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ve-coverage-day-13-week-4-20140701-3b55i.html

:floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151