The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 2nd July - Trial Day 14, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 12s
Gerard: I honestly can't remember the thought process. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 32s
Fuller: Why did you ring your friends ahead of her friends? #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 3s
Fuller: But you had no anticipation that she wasn't coming home, did you? #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 30s
Gerard says he called the Christs because the children were having a sleepover. He says he wanted them to know she was missing.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 58s

Fuller: why did that matter. Gerard: didn't think she would have gone to anybody's house #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 55s

He agrees that he didn't call Allison's parents until well after he'd spoken to his own father #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 42s

He didn't call her close friends because he didn't think she would go there #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 36s

Fuller: The Cheesmans. Gerard: their house was launching onto the market that day #badenclay

ate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 22s
Gerard says if she was found and was in hospital, he needed to let them know. Fuller: So you were planning ahead? #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 27s
Gerard says he rang the Cheesmans because he was supposed to go around to prepare for their open house that day. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 19s

Fuller: so that was about managing your business. Gerard: was concerned about my wife but had business too #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 45s

For example, he says, he made calls to re-arrange his appointments #badenclay

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 55s

He also called other friends about a house for sale. #badenclay says he was worried about his wife, but also his business.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 19s
Fuller: So that was about managing the business? Gerard says he was concerned about his wife but had a business to manage too. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 6s
Fuller asks why he rang the Crannas. Gerard says he doesn't know. Possibly because he was close by. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 5s
Fuller is asking about the couple's insurance and superannuation policies. Says they'd been discussing reducing them. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 38s

Fuller: Mr Cranna . Gerard: I don't know, probably just to ask if his staff knew anything, he was close by #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 16s
Fuller asks about Gerard calling about Allison's life insurance on May 1, the day after she was found. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 21s
Fuller asks how he found out a body had been found. Gerard says he was at the office and a media report came through. #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 53s

He was thinking: if I have to take Allison to hospital or something, I might not get to these appointments #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 26s

So it was normal enough to try to get things organized #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 38s

Fuller: when did you find out Allison was found. Gerard: 30th, we were at the office, a media report came through #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 18s

Gerard says he must have called his lawyer Darren Mahony, who recommended they meet in the city #badenclay

I'm sure that contradicts what he said yesterday, unless he didn't reverse it in the first time he came back from Kholo.

The carport is under the girl's bedrooms. He wouldn't have wanted to wake them - my suggestion is that it was closest to the gate in the morning.

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 23s

They filled nearly the whole boot #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 18s

Fuller: Allison was going to be at the conference #badenclay

So where were Allison's friend's ball-gowns

because I do not accept that Allison would have again neglected to put them in the car, ready to drop off at her friend's place -- not after the phone call asking for them and Allison's apologies for not returning them sooner

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 18s
Gerard says police confirmed to him that the body was Allison's. Fuller asks if he is confident police confirmed it was Allison. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 58s
Gerard says he called his lawyer when he heard. They met in the city and police came to his barrister's office. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 34s

Gerard: they met at Peter Davis's office, the barrister Mahony was 'thinking of using' if needed #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 38s

He says he spoke to his lawyer and went to the office of a barrister #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members