The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 2nd July - Trial Day 14, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 17s
Fuller says he put on the facade of a worried husband then called a lawyer. #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 48s

Crown: all that was done by 1:58am when you put your phone back on the charger #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 11s
Fuller says despite the flashbacks Allison had from seeing Toni. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 30s
Fuller: You're certain you never told Allison she was going to run into Toni McHugh the next day. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 17s
Fuller says he put on the facade of a worried husband then called a lawyer. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 4s
Fuller says he let police search the house because he knew there would be nothing they'd find. #badenclay

10:54am: Mr Fuller: "What was the loss to you [financially] if you and Allison had separated?"

Mr Baden-Clay: "You're asking a lot of hypothetical questions that I've never really explored in detail myself so I'm not sure I can really answer that. Honestly, I can't answer that."

Mr Fuller: "There would have been financial consequences to you if you left your wife."

Mr Baden-Clay: "Yes ... If Allison and I had determined we were going to divorce ... I don't know how that would have played out, I honestly don't know."

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-14-week-4-20140702-3b76w.html#ixzz36Gj94r00

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 9s
Gerard: We wanted to put the past behind us (re counselling with Allison). Fuller: You wanted to put the past behind you. #badenclay

It's hard enough just catching up on his past...

jmo

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 50s

Fuller: thank you, Your Honour. Cross examination ends #badenclay

Leonie Mellor ‏@leoniemellor 35s

G #badenclay says he would never have left his children alone at night let alone to do the "dastardly" things being suggested. @abcnews

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 13s
Gerard says he has only been in an altercation twice. Once as a 10 year old standing up for a friend. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 21s
Gerard says he was never violent to his wife. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 33s
Cross has finished. Byrne QC back on his feet. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 14s
Gerard says the second time was defending another friend from a bully when he was 12. He says he's never thrown a punch. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 37s

Gerard: I've never thrown a punch in my life #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 15s
Gerard says he and Allison never argued in front of the children. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 28s
Gerard says he and Allison argued like any couple but never raised voices. #badenclay

10:45am: "When did you first become aware that Allison had been found?" Mr Fuller asked.

Mr Baden-Clay said he was at his Taringa real estate office when news emerged that a body had been found under Kholo Creek bridge.

He said he phoned his lawyer Darren Mahony upon hearing the news.

Mr Baden-Clay then travelled to Brisbane's CBD where he met Mr Mahony and barrister Peter Davis.

"On the 30th of April we were at the office and a media came through somehow I don't recall how I then went, I think I may have called Darren, I must have spoken to Darren and asked if he knew anything, because the police had been liaising with him as well," Mr Baden-Clay said.

"He recommended that we meet together in the city and the police came and informed us at Peter Davis's chambers."

"The police told you that a body had been found," Mr Fuller said.

"And they confirmed it was Allison," Mr Baden-Clay said.

"I remember being physically shocked by that."

"They didn't tell you it was likely to be Allison or possible it could be Allison, they told you it was Allison," Mr Fuller said.

"Correct," Mr Baden-Clay said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-14-week-4-20140702-3b76w.html#ixzz36GjdQepe

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 14s
Gerard says the second time was defending another friend from a bully when he was 12. He says he's never thrown a punch. #badenclay
Omg another example of him helping people

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m

Gerard: on occasion we did argue, never raised voices, always respectful #badenclay

11:04am: Mr Fuller has turned his questioning again to the night of April 19, 2012.

Mr Baden-Clay's long-time mistress Toni McHugh was due to come face-to-face with Mrs Baden-Clay at a real estate conference the following day.

Mr Fuller: "You're double life would be exposed."

Mr Baden-Clay; "No."

Mr Fuller: "The facade that was Gerard Baden-Clay would fall wouldn't it?"

Mr Baden-Clay: "If what, sorry?"

Mr Fuller: "If Toni McHugh confronted Allison at the conference."

Mr Baden-Clay: "It never entered my head that that was a concern."

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-14-week-4-20140702-3b76w.html#ixzz36GjwqTeM

Eeeewwww you dirty dirty boy

Time to roll out the yellow skip please Marly!

I wonder if GBC engaged the services of prostitutes when money was flush? Or was he more content messing with people's lives & relationships?

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 46s

After an extremely intense finish to the cross examination of Gerard Baden-Clay, he is now answering defence questions #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 20s
Gerard says if the girls made a sound, they could hear it clearly through the house. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 39s
The court is being shown the floor plan of the house again. Gerard is discussing how sound travels. #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member