The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 2nd July - Trial Day 14, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't have to worry

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 11s
Fuller says despite the flashbacks Allison had from seeing Toni. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 30s
Fuller: You're certain you never told Allison she was going to run into Toni McHugh the next day. #badenclay

It's my belief GBC wasn't in relationships for the sex at all

It was so he could become the centre of a woman's attentions and energies

It's the attention his narcissistic self needed

He gave women sex in return for ego satisfaction

I bet he thinks he's a real "studmuffin" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Pretty sure I'm well and truly falling off the fence.

I'm right here to catch your fall.

He is going DOWN.

GBC: this whole sorry and YES sordid tragedy is self-inflicted.

Wake up. Shut up. Own up.

Baden-Clay said he first met Sen-Sgt Narelle Curtis during a siege situation involving a cult at a property at Anstead.

Anstead is basically where the Kholo Creek Bridge is if you need geographic help to see that interesting coincidence.

We are offended too. Allison was murdered then dumped on a creek bed. How about demanding answers are sought? Offended....I have no polite words....

We are offended too. This murder offends our collective consciousness.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 56s

Gerard says if anyone made a sound in the house, they would hear it, no sound proofing #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 1m

He denies that she bled in the car after somehow being injured by him #badenclay

But the Captiva has advanced soundproofing!!

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 55s

He agrees that he deceived his wife Allison for four years about his affairs but not about anything else #badenclay

BUT he deceived her about the loans and business dealings ...

:scared:
Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 19s
Gerard says he told police about the affair, he didn't anticipate they would tell the media, "but they did". #badenclay

Pretty sure half of Brookfield knew of the affair, so why blame the police?

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 55s

Fuller: your first call to parents was at 6.44am. Gerard: I was starting to get concerned #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 33s

He agrees that he then called his parents #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 31s

Gerard: my initial call was to say had you heard from her #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 46s

He didn't call any of Allison's friends at that time #badenclay

Why would Allison call his parents? Wouldn't she be more likely to call her parents, friends?

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 40s

But he thought the Captiva was zippier to get around as he searched, too #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 36s

Court shown photo of the Prado parked in the front driveway, Captiva reverse parked into carport behind it #badenclay

THAT was your thought process? Not, the Prado is parked in front so I'll take that and can get searching even quicker?

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 37s

Fuller: completely out of character for your wife, always met her commitments. Gerard agrees #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 46s

Fuller: something dramatic had happened, yet you don't call her parents #badenclay

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 43s

#badenclay refers to questioning by police the morning he reported Allison missing as 'interrogations'. @7NewsBrisbane

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 45s

Fuller: why did you ring your friends ahead of her friends. Gerard: called the Christs because we had sleepover plans #badenclay

WTF? What did you say, 'sorry, might have to cancel the sleepover as Allison's gone for a walk and hasn't come back'.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 43s

Fuller: you called your closest friends, Christs, Crannas, Cheesmans, before you called her two closest friends #badenclay

And he owed money to all the people he phoned?
He phoned Dad, then these 3 , because he was excited, fulfilled and feeling in control. His Narcissistic supply was overloaded. Buzzing with success. Buzzing with excitement, that he pulled it off, and would be able to pay them all back soon, and still have enough left over to keep the business afloat, and Old Toni , would get her job back, and they would all live happily ever after.

Alison was dead, insurance money would be paid.
Business as usual, but the way it was run before Allison found out about the affair.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 9s
Gerard says maybe the second doctor asked him if he had any other concerns. #badenclay

I think its quite interesting- as others have said, that GBC seemed to recall in every minute detail all the years leading up to Allisons death, yet, conveniently he is not able to properly remember some VERY important things in cross examination as to circumstaances surrounding when his wife went missing. I think he has dug a big hole for himself with taking the stand.

Just started reading but I hope they ask him if he called Allison's cell phone on the days after she disappeared.

Hahah :) Somebody just tweeted:

Fuller: "You killed your wife, Mr Baden-Clay"
Gerard: "I'm not a botanist"

The issue is.... (according to Gerald) Allison was expecting to see Toni at the conference and she was still looking forward to it, she had just had her hair done finally to her satisfaction, there was no confrontation with Gerard that evening, and she was making plans with her friends for the next day...what would have been Allison's motivation for suicide?

Having to spend another minute with GBC.

jmo

It's my belief GBC wasn't in relationships for the sex at all

It was so he could become the centre of a woman's attentions and energies

It's the attention his narcissistic self needed

He gave women sex in return for ego satisfaction

I think I have Gerards story ,now.. apparently, his <modsnip> is different.. its a Baden -Clay <modsnip>, and every woman in Brissie wants it.. he has to oblige, to placate them... his wife doesn't want it, but then she does.. his mistress always wants it, and he has to do it, in case she gets volatile.. other women just want it, because its a Baden-Clay <modsnip>.. meanwhile, he has to run a business, and borrow money and not pay it back. At no time is he in a relationship, except when he is, with his wife, who is now dead . He didn't have the time to kill her, because he is always out helping people and giving advice and counselling. He is offended at any suggestion that he might be a killer, and possibly terminally stupid. He isn't , except at times when he is naieve and stupid, but only if he says so...

* spit*

Correct, OS. Even stranger then, that he couldn't beg of him to come up to Brisbane so he could remain available to and contactable by family/friends/investigators. Demonstrates screwy priorities, I think.

First solicitor GBC rang (on recommendation of NBC, according to evidence already in the trial) is on the phone records here, so I figure I can tell you her name - Robyn Ratcliffe, Toowoomba.

Her 'portfolio' doesn't meet with his needs.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203836"]GBC's phone records - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Goodmorning folks, just catching up here.. but that comment gets me. He called the Christs first up, as the kids had sleep over plans for that night. It was mentioned a couple fo days ago that Allison missing might affect those plans.. SUrely this is not a major priority first up- because at this stage GBC thought Allison had gone for a walk- ok, she was kinda miissing as she was late home. But no reason to suspect at this point that it would interfere with the nights sleepover plans, as surely you'd be thinking she'd be home before then. Maybe as the day progressed and Allison still hadn't returned home, THEN you may think it necessary to ring the Christs and cancel the sleepover. But first up? I believe this was even before ringing ALlisons parents?

The phone call to the Christs was another call made too soon IMO (Like the 000 call). Taking a leaf out of the prosecution book, I suggest, he rang, because he KNEW already Allison would not be back that night- or ever.

Unfolding, I just bolded some of your important post.
When he phoned the Christs:
How did he know that Allison would not be back that night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member