The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 2nd July - Trial Day 14, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't even know there was such a thing as a suicidologist?

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 44s

Dr Schramm: It's not uncommon that suicide is a surprise to loved ones. #badenclay

Dr Schramm agrees that there is a link between depression and suicide....

Oh really? Well - DUH! "Dear family - sorry I topped myself, but I was just too happy".

And I'd be VERY interested in his theory as to HOW Allison is supposed to have committed suicide, exactly...

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 34s

Even in retrospect it can be difficult to predict #badenclay

If she suffered from seratonin syndrome, he would have known. I was a blabbering mess. Talking to myself, hypersensitive, brain zapping, almost manic. The people around me, and myself, were aware that something was wrong. I didn't end up wandering in a daze to a creek and throw myself under a bridge.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 27s

Dr Schramm: folly to say you can predict it simply because you have a degree #badenclay

Methinks Michael Byrne QC, as good as he may be, simply did NOT understand the significance of the sertraline levels, liver concentrations, and post-mortem redistribution.

But we did... ;) And so did the prosecution.

May have got all excited reading about the Syndrome too, not appreciating how very rare it is AND that its onset is typically closer to the time of commencing the SSRI as opposed to, what, TEN years later? Innit, Doc?

Those two witnesses added nowt then. Leaving us with just the self-confessed cheating, lying wastrel/scoundrel...

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 50s

Dr Schram says Allison complained of a depressed mood, self doubt, low self confidence and anxiety over many years #badenclay

Would that happen to be the exact number of years she was married to someone with a personality disorder? :banghead:

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc

He also had injuries to his chest and arm
He didn't say anything about these injuries to police #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou
Gerard says no, they were self inflicted. It just didn't seem relevant. #badenclay

Oh how I hope the prosecution did not miss this PURE GOLD. He's basically just admitted that someone else was responsible for those gouges on his face.

Unreal!

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 48s

Dr Schramm: end of the day it's a guess, not uncommon for experts to miss it #badenclay

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 30s

Upsetting evidence now on suicide for many reading tweets in the #badenclay trial. Do contact @LifelineAust if concerned. @7NewsBrisbane

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 30s

You can never confidently say that a particular person is at no risk of suicide #badenclay

Those that don't leave note when they suicide usually suicide where they can be found pretty quickly, yes? They don't walk 14km to a bridge, on a moonless night, with little to no street lighting. They drive to the story bridge and jump off that, or hang themselves in their own home. der!!

EXACTLY! I was going to write the same today - you have put it perfectly Laserdisc10. He's nowhere near the sex addict others have painted him - the chase, adulation and needy dramas far outweigh the sexy times.

This is IMHO the root (!) cause of his claimed sexless marriage - once that ring was on the finger and the babies came along to steal his thunder, that was it. Those entries in Allison's journal confirmed that in my mind. I hope the prosecution hammers home those two entries in their summing up.

I'm really perplexed as to why GBC chose to tell the court that he was a serial (and concurrent) philanderer above and beyond the 3 we knew about already. I thought that maybe the prosecution knew of the other affairs already - but wouldn't it have come up by now (no pun intended)?
Or, was he just showing off???

Either way, it seems like a pretty damming admission, that reinforces that GBC is the modsnip that we already knew he was. I hope that this further helps the jury see that he isn't the nice guy he purports to be.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 40s

Dr Schramm: it's foolish to be completely confident one isn't going to take their own life #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 33s

Dr Schramm says it is foolish to be completely confident that someone with a history of depression isn't going to take their life.#badenclay

I can't answer completely, but i know many antidepressants have suicidal ideation as a side effect, in particular when coming off them. Some drugs need to be carefully withdrawn from your body or you get nasty side-effects including suicide. It's why they say don't just stop taking them. A lot of people have taken antidepressants then felt better so stopped, only to kill themselves.

***note this is only from my own reading and i am not a healthcare professional***

ETA: However I am a professional psych patient LOL

Are they going to suggest Allison stopped taking Zoloft and threw herself off the bridge with flowers in her perfect hair?

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 27s

Dr Schramm: folly to say you can predict it simply because you have a degree #badenclay

If I read that correctly, he's just undermined his own expertise, hasn't he?

Oh wouldn't it be nice if Fuller were to quote this one back at him...

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 53s

The Crown is now questioning Dr Schram #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 51s

Dr Schram agrees he never met Allison #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 50s

Dr Schramm is now being cross examined by prosecutor Danny Boyle. #badenclay
Expand

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m

Prosecutor Danny Boyle begins cross, says Dr Schramm hasn't interviewed anyone. Witness agrees #badenclay

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 30s

#badenclay admits it was his suggestion to put location apps on his and Allison's phones. @abcnews

Means zero, as he knew very well how to disable location services and so had nothing to fear letting Allison track him with the app.

He would have simply turned off location services whenever he was going off for a "tryst".

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 52s

Dr Schramm is being asked about maternal attachment. #badenclay

C'Mon Danny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads