The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 2nd July - Trial Day 14, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 34s

Allison's history showed a reasonable response to Zoloft, though sometimes took months #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 49s

She was in remission due in no small part to Sertraline #badenclay

Shramm isn't offering any explanation as to HOW she suicided.. she didn't drown, and she didn't have high levels of toxic chemicals, . she didn't break any bones, she didn't have a rope around her neck when found..

big mystery, huh??

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 25s

The records show she went to GP in March complaining of mood swings - Dr Schramm #badenclay

Invited to lunch. Everyone eating.... JK getting pissed off when people asking questions for JK to join in conversation.... "grr I am busy here!!!"

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 50s

When Allison saw counsellor the week she vanished there was only a reference to feeling inadequate #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 36s

Dr Schram says he can't say from the records when Allison was last 'actively depressed' #badenclay

I'm really perplexed as to why GBC chose to tell the court that he was a serial (and concurrent) philanderer above and beyond the 3 we knew about already. I thought that maybe the prosecution knew of the other affairs already - but wouldn't it have come up by now (no pun intended)?
Or, was he just showing off???

Either way, it seems like a pretty damming admission, that reinforces that GBC is the modsnip that we already knew he was. I hope that this further helps the jury see that he isn't the nice guy he purports to be.

He is now just 'showing off' !

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 49s

Dr Schramm says he's dealing with scant notes and hadn't interviewed Allison #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 35s

'But, as I say, I've never interviewed her,' Dr Schram says. #badenclay

Louisa Rebgetz ‏@louisarebgetz 40s

Dr Schramm: "one could imagine the stress associated with problems in the marriage could of contributed to thoughts of suicide" #badenclay

Methinks Dr Schramm desperately wants to be seen as earning his fee - he has well and truly entered the realm of speculation, nicely led there by Danny Boyle

You know, I think Allison's ultimatum must have been strong because Gerard immediately ended that affair when she found out and he embarrassed himself by telling his co-workers and the school about it. I mean, he didn't love her he claimed, and had been wanting sex, and yet immediately turned around and ended it. Why? Did she threaten to expose him for having it and affect his so important image? Did she say there'd be divorce in no uncertain terms? Both? I'd say therefore if Allison had found out he was still having an affair that night such as via calls to his phone or if he really thought they'd run into each other the next day and she'd find out, that if he thought her threat was for real he'd have been worried. Once she found out she could tell people straight away, even before he knew she knew, and anything he might do to stop her actions after that would make him look more guilty immediately, so it'd have had to have been preventative.

So is it looking likely that closing arguments will be today? Or do we think that the defences closing statement will take up the rest of today?

I hope it does! Tomorrow morning last word by prosecution, then deliberations.

He's big-noting himself again.

Yes Gerard, you were a prize catch. "some of them"? So he cheated on his wife with more than the 3 discussed? Wow, what a charmer.

He's taken some severe dings to his ego in the last 24 hours - he's going to grasp at any little chances to build it up again. Even if that's a strategically bad move. For a narcissist, the most important thing is to maintain the false sense of self that they inhabit - their most important survival mechanism.

Louisa Rebgetz ‏@louisarebgetz 40s

Dr Schramm: "one could imagine the stress associated with problems in the marriage could of contributed to thoughts of suicide" #badenclay

Pretty sure no one is here for imaginings though

When Allison saw counsellor the week she vanished there was only a reference to feeling inadequate #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 36s

Dr Schram says he can't say from the records when Allison was last 'actively depressed' #badenclay

Keep this up Dr Schram and you will end up under the bus with toni.

Louisa Rebgetz ‏@louisarebgetz 52s

Dr Shramm says I accept also going to marriage counsellor may have given Allison #badenclay some hope that something was being done

Dr Schramm: when depressed, view the world differently. Not rose coloured glasses. Grey coloured #badenclay

1:08pm: "She suffered from major depression which is a major risk factor for suicide," Dr Schramm added.

"One could imagine that the stress associated with the problems in the marriage could have contributed to thoughts of suicide."

Anyone needing support can contact Lifeline on 131 114 or Mensline on 1300 789 978.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-14-week-4-20140702-3b76w.html#ixzz36HEgq4d6

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 40s

Psychiatrist tells #badenclay jury when people are depressed, they look at life through 'grey coloured glasses'. @7NewsBrisbane

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 33s

Dr Schramm asked if there's any link between major depression and suicide. He says there is. #badenclay @abcnews

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 27s

About 3.4 per cent of people with depression will take their lives - Dr Schramm #badenclay

I wonder what % of women who go missing and turn up dead a week later were murdered by their partner? I think it would be higher than 3.4%. Sorry, can't help myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆