The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 2nd July - Trial Day 14, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
But according to Gerard he was a heavy sleeper and didn't hear a thing. It was a big house - I doubt you would be able to hear everything that went on especially when thei main bedroom was at the opposite end of the house to the girls' bedrooms. Once children are asleep (in some cases) you could have fireworks going on outside and they wouldn't stir. I get the impression the girls were/are very quiet and well behaved. I feel so sorry for them.

My Aunt had an expression "Your kids would sleep on a barbed wire fence!" We expanded that with our kids "They'd sleep on a barbed wire fence during a hurricane!"

Which is why it's hidden in the first place and denied when queried...

But yes : certainly choice people should be trusted with the truth.

Sadly in Allison's case it wouldn't have made a difference if she'd told her husband's family : they gave him as many excuses as he gives himself and atrociously the BC's who testified - blamed Allison for the behaviour GBC chose to do...

Definition of an adult : accepting responsibility for your own actions.

GBC : immature, irresponsible, inexcusable.

jmo

I wish she'd told her Mum or Dad, a sibling or friends. It would have helped protect her.

really.. it's just a matter of has he placated the jury enough... 12 people. people like you and me..

his constant referral to his placatory skills would have me asking.. is he placating me??

did he come across as a Master Placator?? in his own eyes, he believed he was successful at this ,... he placated everyone, and deliberately so.. that was his intention, his answer to every single problem that he faced ,.. women, banks, business partners, club partners, parents, sister, brother, children, wife, police, judge and jury..

his only problem was.. he , silly boy, told everyone on that jury that he was into placatory mode ..... this was something he should have let them pick up by themselves, but oh no.. .. he had to underline it, sentence after sentence..

he is a defence lawyers utter nightmare..

So how do they stop the jury from media stuff over the next 4 days?

Schramm is asked that in his review of the records of Allison most recent counselling sessions, at Relationships Australia, did they show evidence of suicidal tendencies? Danny Boyle - "So there is nothing in Ms Ritchie notes to indicate suicide?"

Schramm response " Well not necessarily - Allison writes in her diary that she was feeling inadequate, not good enough" !!!! Does every woman who feels inadequate or not good enough suffer from depression? I don't think so!!!

Doesn't every mother feel like this at some stage. I have always found mother guilt and feeling inadequate a side effect of motherhood. lol.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 40s

Dr Schramm: it's foolish to be completely confident one isn't going to take their own life #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 33s

Dr Schramm says it is foolish to be completely confident that someone with a history of depression isn't going to take their life.#badenclay

You could also say "it is foolish to be completely confident that someone without a history of depression isn't going to take their life"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and he owed money to all the people he phoned?
He phoned dad, then these 3 , because he was excited, fulfilled and feeling in control. His narcissistic supply was overloaded. Buzzing with success. Buzzing with excitement, that he pulled it off, and would be able to pay them all back soon, and still have enough left over to keep the business afloat, and old toni , would get her job back, and they would all live happily ever after.

Alison was dead, insurance money would be paid.
Business as usual, but the way it was run before allison found out about the affair.

qft. Jmo

But according to Gerard he was a heavy sleeper and didn't hear a thing. It was a big house - I doubt you would be able to hear everything that went on especially when thei main bedroom was at the opposite end of the house to the girls' bedrooms. Once children are asleep (in some cases) you could have fireworks going on outside and they wouldn't stir. I get the impression the girls were/are very quiet and well behaved. I feel so sorry for them.

They had also run cross country that day: sleep guaranteed.

A bunch of sunflowers to all who helped with the updates...thankyou!!

A bunch of sunflowers to everyone for being here for Allison...thankyou!!

Another bunch for Kate @CourierMail....fantastic work!!

David Murray is not too shabby either so a bunch for him also :)

j0jjgj.jpg

I wonder if there are witnesses who could counter Gerard's claims that he indeed had no sex with Allison for some years, and on other things as well. May be friends or doctors could provide something like Allison's own words on her sex life or prescriptions for the pill from GP? If one false claim is exposed then it will be easier for the jury to disbelieve him.
Anyway, the prosecution looks disappointing. The had 2 years to prepare but their case still does not look very solid. IMHO

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 27s
Gerard says deceived is a strong word, rather he protected Allison by not telling people about her depression. #badenclay

But you are telling the WHOLE WORLD about her depression now when you think it will protect you! How about protecting her MEMORY!

I think it was on the cards. She was committed to working on the marriage but had to have a plan in case it didn't work. She was doing her bit but could she trust him to do his?

Allison was feeling better even by BC testimony.

She was spending a bit more time with trusted girlfriends talking...
And agrees with what they tell her:

She has skills, education (GBC's not paying her to work (!) or parent & there's no love or loyalty from him)
She CAN make money
She and the girls do have somewhere to go
She's tried everything else...

She's thinking, thinking, thinking (not WATCHING the footy show) jmo...
I'm too intelligent to stick at something that doesn't work, that I can't fix

(And maybe: looks at the phone and sees one item she'd missed...)
Counsellors advice isn't changing what he gets up to

Enough.

Calls him out - calmly (let's go with GBC on this one) and in her non-confrontational way... finally decides her and the kids are taking up Mrs Dickie's suggestion to move in with them on the Gold Coast.

Allison begins demonstrating to GBC standing there aghast that she's serious by packing the girls toys that are near the car anyway (she's not going to be dramatic and wake the girls by turning on their lights and packing their suitcases)

GBC worst nightmare (he LIED TO HER FOR 9 YEARS TO AVOID THIS!)

HE SNAPS!

jmo

It's official: I just fell (SWAN DIVED) off the fence!

Channel nine now reporting MAJOR development in the trial

Injury under right shoulder....

Accused murderer Gerard Baden-Clay has denied smothering his wife as she frantically fought for her life.

He said he was "offended" by suggestions he'd killed the woman he loved, and then left his sleeping children home alone to callously dispose of her body.

The former real estate agent, who remained calm under cross examination, told Mr Fuller he had no idea how he got an injury under his right shoulder, and denied overpowering his wife quickly.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/qld/a/24364622/more-questions-for-baden-clay/?cmp=twitter

The only concern I have is that juries like to have a cause of death. I just hope they understand that the cause of death truly was a homicide and not suicide or an accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects