The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 2nd July - Trial Day 14, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Forensic Psychiatrist who has worked in the prison system, I would be interested to know what Dr. Schramm's professional opinion of the defendant would be if he was given the chance for a full diagnostic assessment.

A friend of mine IS a Forensic Psychiatrist who DOES work in the prison system. And their opinion of GBC is not suitable or appropriate for me to post here. :tantrum:

The evidence is in. The strength of our legal system is the jury who are people just like you and me. They don't have any special skill or ability that you or I don't possess. They have to try and ensure an innocent person is not sent to the gallows and a guilty person is not set free.

Allison is dead and all expert evidence and logic tells them she didn't commit suicide and died sometime in the night. Not from injury or poison or drowning. She most likely died from lack of air as no other cause is apparent. Her phone is missing and could tell more about her last hours if it wasn't lost somewhere.

Expert evidence is that her hair had a lot of leaves in it from 6 plants that grow around her back patio and her blood was in the back of the family car.

Her own journal and her community and work activity suggests she wasn't incapacitated with depression, she was on the ball and trying to resurrect a failing marriage and floundering business working for no salary.

Her husband probably was the last person to see her alive and he had scratches that experts say are not caused by a razor and are consistent with fingernails. Seven men on the jury have shaved 20 times each during the course of the trial and some have probably deliberately tried to cut themselves.

Her husband had opportunity and motive and marks of a struggle on him. He tried to cover scratches with razor cuts and chest bruising with a feigned car crash. He is proven untruthful and lacking integrity. He had no love or loyalty for his wife.

Allison is dead. Somebody killed her. Was some other person responsible? If so how did her husband get injured?

I think it is beyond reasonable doubt that her husband killed her.

and when Gerards psychologist takes the stand to argue Gerards case for being sent to a farm prison, or the possibility of early parole, bring a packed lunch......

it will be more fun than a circus... a very necessary moment of levity in a long series of horror and viciousness and cruelty , done so casually and so persistently...

A friend of mine IS a Forensic Psychiatrist who DOES work in the prison system. And their opinion of GBC is not suitable or appropriate for me to post here. :tantrum:

Of course I understand you can't. but it would be very interesting actually to hear a professionals opinion on GBC. (I am not asking you to spill by the way- Would just find it very interesting)

I thought NBC testified they were in the RE office when police notified them the body was found.

He did whatif! Thank you for reassuring me that I'm remembering correctly. NBC definitely said that right?

it's logical to assume that Gerard is already being worked up by a forensic psychiatrist in the highly likely possibility of sentencing.. as in trying to determine if there are any mitigating factors in his psyche that would in some way affect the length of sentence, or even what prison he may be assigned to...

god help that bloke doing that job, because it's a wasp's nest of persistant psychosis,.... and who ever does that job will, by virtue of Gerards own claims, will never be able to sort out of he is being placated or if Gerald is informative.. never in a million years..

Agree. This would need a team to assess IMO - like Oscar Pistorius.

How about too that she wasn't found slumped over on the couch, in bed, or in Brookfield. That she was FOUND 14 KM OR SO AWAY!!! That she didn't get there by car. That she could not realistically have walked all that distance to sit under a bridge and take pills. That she wouldn't have walked all those hours and not been seen. That she wouldn't have walked all those hours and not changed her mind somewhere along the way because of her daughters. She did not take pills then manage to walk that distance without being seen and then just quietly die in Kholo creek. She did not walk all that way to Kholo creek and take pills No way![/QUOTE]

I had a family member who committed suicide. He told people that he wanted to "just jump of a cliff". And he did. He drove to the nearest cliff and jumped. It was close to his home but he still drove. And they found his car there.
During the time he was missing his wife was in a fog of worry and did not participate in work or life in general. She was just in limbo. It was so awful.
GBC did not act like she did in the least. I know people react differently, but, come on. He was at work whilst his wife was still missing. His place was with his children.

kind of odd that Gerard would say he never thought about the implications should ' he and Alison determine to divorce '. ( implying that it would be a joint decision, like as if no one would think of divorcing Gerard without his say-so) , yet one of his main claims to dear old Toni was that he couldn't afford to get divorced, implying he'd thought a lot about the implications financially of that occurring..

gerard is so bent, he has to put his pants on with a corkscrew..

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I still think it could go either way though. Depending on how the jury look at the evidence. If they look at it as a whole, his goose is cooked, complete with coulis and micro salad. If they consider each piece separately, allowing for explanations, that goose isnt even caught yet.

my tame psychiatrist is of the opinion that it is impossible that his family haven't had a whole lifetime cleaning up after Gerald, in one form or another.. that they are completely aware of his disturbed mind and have been in the process of diminishing the effects of Geralds actions since forever....

I'm really perplexed as to why GBC chose to tell the court that he was a serial (and concurrent) philanderer above and beyond the 3 we knew about already. I thought that maybe the prosecution knew of the other affairs already - but wouldn't it have come up by now (no pun intended)?
Or, was he just showing off???

Either way, it seems like a pretty damming admission, that reinforces that GBC is the modsnip that we already knew he was. I hope that this further helps the jury see that he isn't the nice guy he purports to be.

Ego, and also I think to make the whole "Toni" situation seem insignificant. He didn't care about her, he had LOADS of women for sex, many consecutively! As if he'd kill his wife because of Toni. Pffffffffffffff.

hard to believe that Alison would kill herself.. she had it made, if Gerard is to be believed.. he did the ironing, put the kids to bed, sang to them, did the cooking, cleaned out the cupboards, organised her insurance policies, started up a business , prominent in the community, a scout, an advisor, a counsellor, a sex expert, a psychologist, an accountant, irresistible , wealthy friends, helpful mum and Dad and sister, bon vivant and traveller, excellent driver, mechanic, computer expert, placatory in the extreme, good looking, never smells, a listener, ....

and don't forget the monitor downstairs he ostensibly installed so he could instantly appear should Allison require him.
One would think he could just tell Allison to text him if he was too far away to be heard, but then he wouldn't be able to hear anything she did or anyone she called.

Of course I understand you can't. but it would be very interesting actually to hear a professionals opinion on GBC. (I am not asking you to spill by the way- Would just find it very interesting)

Let's just say that my friend would NOT have made it as an expert witness for the defence.... :blushing:

<modsnip>

<modsnip>

I'm thinking what Christopher Pyne denied saying in Question Time!

Let's just say that my friend would NOT have made it as an expert witness for the defence.... :blushing:
That's ok....keep the story for when we all meet at indooroopilly Maccas Cafe.....

Just want to say another big thanks to those taking care of the tweets today- and throughout the trial. I have spent too long here again today being glued to what was coming out of that courtroom. Long wait until Monday- but I guess we all get a bit of a break from the intensity a little until then. I know my brain needs a break right now. So on that note, I'm signing off for now.:seeya:

I'm really perplexed as to why GBC chose to tell the court that he was a serial (and concurrent) philanderer above and beyond the 3 we knew about already. I thought that maybe the prosecution knew of the other affairs already - but wouldn't it have come up by now (no pun intended)?
Or, was he just showing off???

Either way, it seems like a pretty damming admission, that reinforces that GBC is the modsnip that we already knew he was. I hope that this further helps the jury see that he isn't the nice guy he purports to be.

I cannot quite get to a conclusion as to who's benefit that throwaway remark was directed to.. it couldn't be the jury, it couldn't be the judge, it couldn't be for his family, it couldn't be for the prosecutor.. it couldn't be for his defence lawyers..

it couldn't be for Toni.. it certainly couldn't be for his children's benefit,

there is only one person left who that could possibly be seen as interested and at ease with it, and that's Gerard... but even then.. its about as nutso a moment in the trial to eclipse all others..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson