The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 2nd July - Trial Day 14, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so unpleasant. I am thinking that the whole phone thing is terrible. It's him saying that he had to hand over his phone when he got home. And couldn't have it when he went to bed. (In case he sent and received texts) He had his phone all day long!!! That just seems like a relationship of parent and child. Having their technology confiscated. She would have felt like she had 4 children. Just craved for him to stand up and be a man. Be her hero. But instead he was a weak lily livered man who had about as much control of his urges as the dogs in the street!!! I just wonder what Allisons testimony would have been. I wonder how many times she would have said "Seriously, Is that what he is saying?....pffft!!!!"

The confiscation of his phone at night only came to light after he was put on the mat about his phone being put on the charge in the early hours of the morning on the night Allison was murdered.

It was just another lie to add to the rest of his BS.

If he wasn't concerned of a confrontation would you be concerned of your wife having a panic attack?

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 11s
Fuller says despite the flashbacks Allison had from seeing Toni. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 30s
Fuller: You're certain you never told Allison she was going to run into Toni McHugh the next day. #badenclay

Oh he stopped any possibility.

I've been to these conferences and at morning, lunch & afternoon breaks you have to stand in line together. What about in the ladies toilets!! God only knows what could have happened, but Allison did not even get to go to that conference. :(

I'm a strong willed person but I could NOT cope with sleeping with such an enemy. Imagine having a *husband* chipping away at all your integrity like this bloke did. It must have been devastating.

This is a lesson to us all. No questions. Bundle up the children and GO!
Her parents would've done everything possible for Allison & those kiddies.
They've had to prove it without their little girl.

While he did say in the initial police "interrogation" that Allison wanted them to have the app find my friend so as she could keep an eye on him. He admitted today that was a porky it was in fact his idea.

So I am not convinced that Allison asked that he hand his phone over when he came home each night.

In one of the interviews that first day, I remember he said "So we could keep track of where the other was." and I was wondering why he needed to keep track of Allison since he was doing the wrong thing. He contradicts himself because in one he said she insisted on it, in another he said it was his idea so she could see where he was.

It's so unpleasant. I am thinking that the whole phone thing is terrible. It's him saying that he had to hand over his phone when he got home. And couldn't have it when he went to bed. (In case he sent and received texts) He had his phone all day long!!! That just seems like a relationship of parent and child. Having their technology confiscated. She would have felt like she had 4 children. Just craved for him to stand up and be a man. Be her hero. But instead he was a weak lily livered man who had about as much control of his urges as the dogs in the street!!! I just wonder what Allisons testimony would have been. I wonder how many times she would have said "Seriously, Is that what he is saying?....pffft!!!!"

Some men ask their partners to use a code to block Foxtel *advertiser censored* then go ballistic when drunk and NEED it decoded....

In one of the interviews that first day, I remember he said "So we could keep track of where the other was." and I was wondering why he needed to keep track of Allison since he was doing the wrong thing. He contradicts himself because in one he said she insisted on it, in another he said it was his idea so she could see where he was.

Together with the baby monitor it was another form of control over Allison.

I missed that throwaway remark. Was it something he said this morning?

Yes... Gerard was in a reminiscent mood...

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 25s
Gerard says some of the other women were for an extended period of time, many of them concurrent. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 6s
Gerard says he had no intention of telling Allison about the other women. He didn't want to jeopardise things. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 36s
Gerard says he "had a number of infidelities" over the years. Difference with Toni was that they worked together. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m

Purely physical with other women, some of them over a period of time, many concurrent - Gerard #badenclay

more of the same, Vibe.... Gerard was reliving his glory days, probably..

Mr Fuller: She protected you, protecting your image?

Mr Baden-Clay: She was protecting us.

Mr Fuller: Because your image was quite important to your business?

Mr Baden-Clay: Yes.

http://m.noosanews.com.au/news/baden-clay-had-wife-and-mistress-same-conference/2305340/

Wow ......it's just unbelievably out of control.

DOCS should have a section for adults.
Allison had 4 children but the male child was uncontrollable and useless.

Knock knock. 'Its DOCS'.
'Just take him away I don't want him around anymore'.

Mr Fuller: Was she working at Raine and Horne when you were there?

Mr Baden-Clay: Yes.

Mr Fuller: So you worked for them for a time, got your experience?

Mr Baden-Clay: Correct.

Mr Fuller: And then set up right next door?

Mr Baden-Clay: Correct.

Mr Fuller: Did you sleep with Michelle Hammond while you were still working for Raine and Horne or when you set up next door?

Mr Baden-Clay: It was after I had left Raine and Horne.

Mr Fuller: So you took their business and then had an affair with one of their employers?

Mr Baden-Clay: Correct. :facepalm:

http://m.noosanews.com.au/news/baden-clay-had-wife-and-mistress-same-conference/2305340/

I think the prosecution have done a good job of showing G to be amoral.
Motivations:
sex - will say what is needed to get it from a variety of providers
money - will say what is needed to get it from a variety of providers
community status - will say what is needed, pretend to be what they want to see (happy young family, lie about acreage, ownership status of house, state of marriage).
The prosecution quite rightly pointed out that Gerard did not possess any concept of loyalty.
Could it be that his own family base is amoral? Could it be that loyalty is just a weakness in others, there to be exploited?

I am firmly of the view that he had a real chance of walking had he not testified, for the most damning pieces of evidence came from his own mouth. He certainly came off as a Mastursomething.

Coming to TM 'unconditionally' was said to be an in-joke based on real estate parlance. Without direct and radical action, the 'subject to finance' clause was going to be a problem and it was going to be well nigh impossible to satisfy 'subject to pest inspection'.

snipped for emphasis by me..

Well, Hon.. he did have about a 60/40 right up until he took the stand.. but it was irresistible... he just couldn't not do it. The money, you see.. he's come this far in pursuit of that insurance payout... he would have no faith in his defence team to bring it on home to him.. Only he could do it, and , frankly.. only he would want to do it with the same fervour..

A congenital liar is often fooled by their own lies.. they do get things a bit confused.. details ,circumstances,... all become a little blurred around the edges... he lost track of his story almost from the opening..

I know the jury are instructed to not look at any media or social media but I wonder if the Prosecution and defence teams have a peek. It would be nice to think that some of the comments on here have been of assistance in some small way. Our way of helping get justice for Allison.

I just googled to see if there was a support page for GBC but none! Strange that!!

The confiscation of his phone at night only came to light after he was put on the mat about his phone being put on the charge in the early hours of the morning on the night Allison was murdered.

It was just another lie to add to the rest of his BS.

He had almost two years to come up with that explanation.

Ego, and also I think to make the whole "Toni" situation seem insignificant. He didn't care about her, he had LOADS of women for sex, many consecutively! As if he'd kill his wife because of Toni. Pffffffffffffff.

I have a feeling there were indeed LOADS of women, many more than the three named in court. If I was T McH I would be thanking my lucky stars that it wasn't her that was bumped off. But that's right, she didn't have a life insurance policy naming GBC as the beneficiary. If you add 2 & 2 together, you get 4. I'm sure the jury are sensible people who take their time to go through all the evidence and come to the only possible conclusion - GUILTY. MOO.

How many times did he say that he was expecting Allison to walk in the door.
But he called everyone including 000.
Everyone except Allison's parents. What a *%#}*% coward to the core.

Yes... Gerard was in a reminiscent mood...

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 25s
Gerard says some of the other women were for an extended period of time, many of them concurrent. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 6s
Gerard says he had no intention of telling Allison about the other women. He didn't want to jeopardise things. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 36s
Gerard says he "had a number of infidelities" over the years. Difference with Toni was that they worked together. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m

Purely physical with other women, some of them over a period of time, many concurrent - Gerard #badenclay

more of the same, Vibe.... Gerard was reliving his glory days, probably..

Probably because over the last 2 yrs and the next 20 yrs the only woman he will have is Mrs Palmer.....:sick:

I have a feeling there were indeed LOADS of women, many more than the three named in court. If I was T McH I would be thanking my lucky stars that it wasn't her that was bumped off. But that's right, she didn't have a life insurance policy naming GBC as the beneficiary. If you add 2 & 2 together, you get 4. I'm sure the jury are sensible people who take their time to go through all the evidence and come to the only possible conclusion - GUILTY. MOO.

Yep - they are probably all ashamed and embarrassed to come forward...

Do you think by saying there were other women he was safety netting any other "little secrets" being thrown up at him. The defence might have been concerned with who had came forward. He was trying to throw a teaspoon of water on a bushfire so to speak.

Ps - Trooper I love seeing your posts come up and can't wait to read your insights!

Trooper, would you mind putting all your posts in a book - I'd be certain to buy a copy.

Getting back to the subject of the "roundabout", I.M.O. I do not think he would have travelled to Anstead that way - too many bright lights!. I think he would have turned right, passed the showground, turned into Rafting Ground Rd then along the short distance to Pullenvale Rd, then into Grandview Rd until he came to Lancing St. and onto MT. Crosby Rd. that way. Less chance of bumping into police that way. I have lived in the area since '68 and if you want to avoid police presence, that is the way to go- [although I have been booked a few times on Pullenvale Rd!] The last thing he would want would be an R.B.T.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail