The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 2nd July - Trial Day 14, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep - they are probably all ashamed and embarrassed to come forward...

I bet they come forward when "New Idea" etc offers the $$$ for their stories - ewwwww - I really don't need to read about their sexual encounters with GBC (not that I'm a New Idea reader anyway). But mark my word, it will happen.

On the afternoon of the 19th is it done and dusted that GBC and TM did not meet?
She was in town for conference next morning...

Does GBC aim to suggest TM could have been in the Brookfield area but and that he didn't meet her?

If he acted with the help of someone else and didn't want that person exposed might he (drumroll) protect that person by implicating TM?

I have a feeling there were indeed LOADS of women, many more than the three named in court. If I was T McH I would be thanking my lucky stars that it wasn't her that was bumped off. But that's right, she didn't have a life insurance policy naming GBC as the beneficiary. If you add 2 & 2 together, you get 4. I'm sure the jury are sensible people who take their time to go through all the evidence and come to the only possible conclusion - GUILTY. MOO.

It was recommended to TM to take out life insurance policy....NBC the ex life insurance salesman. I wonder who made sure Allison had a policy.

Text copied TM's statement #4

21 Gerard never discussed insurances with me. I was never aware of a liability insurance policy for the business but every agency does have a public liability insurance police. I am aware that Nigel was previously a life insurance salesman because Nigel told me that. Nigel also told me that he was a former game warden in Africa. Nigel never tried to sell me a life insurance policy but did recommend that I take out a life insurance policy.

It was recommended to TM to take out life insurance policy....NBC the ex life insurance salesman. I wonder who made sure Allison had a policy.

21 Gerard never discussed insurances with me. I was never aware of a liability insurance policy for the business but every agency does have a public liability insurance police. I am aware that Nigel was previously a life insurance salesman because Nigel told me that. Nigel also told me that he was a former game warden in Africa. Nigel never tried to sell me a life insurance policy but did recommend that I take out a life insurance policy.

T McH is indeed very lucky in my opinion. Sure, she may need to change her name and move far away, but she is alive, unlike Allison.

T McH is indeed very lucky in my opinion. Sure, she may need to change her name and move far away, but she is alive, unlike Allison.

Very lucky indeed. She may have already changed her name & moved to a whole new location. Police sure kept her out of the limelight during the trial.

You could also say "it is foolish to be completely confident that someone without a history of depression isn't going to take their life"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quite right - and plenty of people do commit suicide having NEVER discussed depression or any other issues with anyone!

Just on that topic. NBC told him to notify the insurer and NBC had set up the policy for Allison I believe, BUT how did he know ABC still had it?

So Allison worked 4 days a week in the business taking no wage, but needed permission to get a cup of coffee. Wow.

Getting back to the subject of the "roundabout", I.M.O. I do not think he would have travelled to Anstead that way - too many bright lights!. I think he would have turned right, passed the showground, turned into Rafting Ground Rd then along the short distance to Pullenvale Rd, then into Grandview Rd until he came to Lancing St. and onto MT. Crosby Rd. that way. Less chance of bumping into police that way. I have lived in the area since '68 and if you want to avoid police presence, that is the way to go- [although I have been booked a few times on Pullenvale Rd!] The last thing he would want would be an R.B.T.

I believe he went one route there and another back, and possibly returned there the same night to deal with clothing and again chose a different route. When people are guilty they are very conscious, in fact paranoid, of someone seeing them, and would probably feel it would be less noticeable that way.

Just coming out of lurkdom to thank everyone for keeping us updated on the details of the trial, this has been so very helpful and its so lovely to witness all of your dedication to Allison. I was worried that reasonable doubt had been introduced until Gerard himself took the stand... Biiiiigg mistake by the defence, I'm positive he will be found guilty. Happy birthday for yesterday Allison... Fingers crossed for justice.

and don't forget the monitor downstairs he ostensibly installed so he could instantly appear should Allison require him.
One would think he could just tell Allison to text him if he was too far away to be heard, but then he wouldn't be able to hear anything she did or anyone she called.

From the info that he revealed during his time on the stand, I think it's more likely that he had a monitor installed so he could keep tabs on Allison - I wouldn't be surprised if he made her feel like she was an inadequate mother and that he needed to keep checking up on her! He'd been made redundant remember - had to grab some power and authority where ever he could. I wonder if he had any secret dalliances during that period? Possibly not, as he wouldn't want to be fessing up to having so much time on his hands because he was unemployed.

Are we having a meet and greet? We should have a party after GBC is convicted.

Hahaha - I did suggest Indro Maccas Cafe but I can organise a much better venue/Cafe if people are interested......

G suddenly wasn't concerned about TM's mental state or placating her once he realised he was a suspect. "Find someone else to love. It's not looking good for me. Move on!"

On the afternoon of the 19th is it done and dusted that GBC and TM did not meet?
She was in town for conference next morning...

Does GBC aim to suggest TM could have been in the Brookfield area but and that he didn't meet her?

If he acted with the help of someone else and didn't want that person exposed might he (drumroll) protect that person by implicating TM?

I think no, never, because his email to Toni with the date June 1 on it (as unconditional) has to be refuted above and beyond anything else, at all costs. Toni has to be discredited until the end of time. He has to completely distance himself from her. She is not an allie.
Allison and her depression have been replaced by Toni and her fantasy as Gerard's excuse in life.

The evidence is in. The strength of our legal system is the jury who are people just like you and me. They don't have any special skill or ability that you or I don't possess. They have to try and ensure an innocent person is not sent to the gallows and a guilty person is not set free.

Allison is dead and all expert evidence and logic tells them she didn't commit suicide and died sometime in the night. Not from injury or poison or drowning. She most likely died from lack of air as no other cause is apparent. Her phone is missing and could tell more about her last hours if it wasn't lost somewhere.

Expert evidence is that her hair had a lot of leaves in it from 6 plants that grow around her back patio and her blood was in the back of the family car.

Her own journal and her community and work activity suggests she wasn't incapacitated with depression, she was on the ball and trying to resurrect a failing marriage and floundering business working for no salary.

Her husband probably was the last person to see her alive and he had scratches that experts say are not caused by a razor and are consistent with fingernails. Seven men on the jury have shaved 20 times each during the course of the trial and some have probably deliberately tried to cut themselves.

Her husband had opportunity and motive and marks of a struggle on him. He tried to cover scratches with razor cuts and chest bruising with a feigned car crash. He is proven untruthful and lacking integrity. He had no love or loyalty for his wife.

Allison is dead. Somebody killed her. Was some other person responsible? If so how did her husband get injured?

I think it is beyond reasonable doubt that her husband killed her.

:goodpost::yourock:

I hope this includes the ones who make the big decisions :)

I.M.O. MOST of the jury would think he is guilty already, but I think a few will have doubts until the end. I hope not. I definitely think he is guilty . Can someone be convicted on a majority verdict in Qld. now?

I wonder if there are witnesses who could counter Gerard's claims that he indeed had no sex with Allison for some years, and on other things as well. May be friends or doctors could provide something like Allison's own words on her sex life or prescriptions for the pill from GP? If one false claim is exposed then it will be easier for the jury to disbelieve him.

Anyway, the prosecution looks disappointing. The had 2 years to prepare but their case still does not look very solid. IMHO

Taking the pill does not mean an active sex life. It is often prescribed for management of periods.

It is not something she would have discussed with a lot of people I wouldn't imagine, maybe not with anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieSnoop1975