Trial Discussion Thread #44 - 14.07.1-2, Day 34-35

Status
Not open for further replies.
D: 3 examples of K10 scoring sheet filled in by patient. Athlete asked 10 questions.

List questions which center around how often they felt fidgety/restless/anxious etc

OP did one pre Bejing comp!

Another thing about that report... surely the primary function of it (which they were testing for) was whether or not he had an anxiety disorder which might have caused him to act in the way he did at the time of the killing?

So this was tested and found not true.
Surely anything else that is picked up along the way in terms of his condition now, his relationships, his temper etc. are observations and opinions, rather than being the primary reason that he was undergoing the testing for?

Absolutely .. and yet we have this guy on now, still trying to peddle away at the 'anxiety' aspect in order to try and make it have some sort of bearing on why OP killed Reeva :facepalm:

So here's yet another person saying OP is unable to bear full weight on one of his stumps which makes balance and walking difficult.

Don't you know Professor that OP can walk around in the pitch black between the bedroom and bathroom several times with a loaded gun in his hand and walk backwards while carrying a fan and never once fell over even though there were objects all over the floor? Would that surprise you Professor?

Which makes me think he was on his prosthetics the whole time. Could he have fired from the hip, or knelt down when he shot? It makes more sense that he would have put them on during the argument, before the bat/ gun incident, just to give him more control over Reeva. One push from her whilst he's on his stumps and he would have fallen on his butt.

Not necessarily lied. Perhaps she will think they were mistaken. Maybe she will think they heard OP screaming after the shooting?

But it's not just the earwitness accounts in isolation she should be taking into account, she should be adding them to what OP said in his testimony and all the glaring inconsistences within it.

D: 28,24 and 19 (scores). Shows psych distress goes down after comp, as we would expect.

Control group score (judge interrupted and I didn't hear)

18.9 (pre comp) 24 (pre) 19 (post)

D says this shows OP's mean stress scores are higher than those of control group.

O: What significance do you attribute to this?

D: ......I use this test scores to watch grp of athletes so I know who are the five athletes who most need my support? Support subtly....sit with them at lunch...

D: I have also observed Mr P to be hypervigilant....scanning room rapidly in dining room, even in his room....scanning for portential threat with an end to potentially remove onesefl from harm's way.

Absolutely .. and yet we have this guy on now, still trying to peddle away at the 'anxiety' aspect in order to try and make it have some sort of bearing on why OP killed Reeva :facepalm:

It seems a bit pointless now, doesn't it. Essentially, on the one hand there's a questionnaire. On the other, there's a full psych assessments from a psychologist and three psychiatrists.

Let me get this right. Firing a gun out of a sunroof, screaming at Sam Taylor and her friends, raging about the Brazilian's blades, shouting at people on the phone so often his room mate asked to change rooms, slamming a door on Cassidy-Memmory, threatening to break someone's legs - none of these things indicate previous anger issues? Really?

.. in addition to that, this morning, we learned that OP was so angry about not having been picked for the relay team, he started kicking chairs around during the team meeting.

D: He presents with very startled response at firework openening ceremonies...cowers, covers his ears

D: ....OP told me he was 'lying with the most wonderful girl I have ever met' (on phone).

But it's not just the earwitness accounts in isolation she should be taking into account, she should be adding them to what OP said in his testimony and all the glaring inconsistences within it.

True, but I am losing faith in her willingness or ability to fully do so. :mad:

D explaining flight and fight response, but in general. Not in relation to OP.

Oh no .. OP has an excessive response to firework displays at the end of events .. dear god :facepalm: .. yeah, so do I!!

True, but I am losing faith in her willingness or ability to fully do so. :mad:

Yes, me too .. I'm just saying what I would've hoped a judge would be doing, but I'm not confident she will be :-/

D: He presents with very startled response at firework openening ceremonies...cowers, covers his ears

How does that fit with prior images of him laughing at the shooting range?

Oh, my sarcasm reflex is set at high. Really these Drs, Vorster, Verfeld & this current one!

If Pistorius had such a supposed high degree of anxiety & startle reflex perhaps you should have recommended treatment and the cautious restriction of gun use. Especially after your star team client was crashing boats, getting angry with police or firing restaurants...

Oh, but nope, just talk about it now even thought you were a primary sports team doctor. Humph

(Edit mistakes sorry, I'm hiding out on my mb while I'm supposed to becoming other things ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa