The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 2nd July - Trial Day 14, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This interchange between Todd Fuller and GBC today really got to me. GBC seemed vague on when he learned a body had been found vs when he discovered for certain it was Allison. Fuller seemed to push him on this a little.

To me, GBC seemed to be suggesting that "of course he knew it was Allison" --- adding something like "a body had been found and it was at ..." [in my mind he then seemed to correct himself/backtrack ever so slightly and say "it was at that meeting" when I almost was expecting him to say it was at [a particular location] and that's how he knew.

Did anyone else who was there get this at all? It has stayed with me all day. Did he come this close to slipping-up? Or perhaps I just read too much into it. Dunno.

yu can trust your instincts on that one, and the jury will pick it up, too.

There was far less in the Kerry Whelan case. Her body was never found. Bruce (there's that name again) Burrell was the last person to see her alive. Much evidence wasn't presented as it was deemed prejudicial. He was still convicted.

You're right BJ and I don't think they ever found Kerry Whelan's body, did they?
Bernie Whelan was under severe suspicion.

Now that GBC has finally stopped talking there is something that should be noted:

NOT ONCE IN ALL THAT MONOLOGUE DID HE SAY SOMETHING LIKE - 'I MISS

ALLISON SO MUCH' or 'IT'S SO AWFUL THAT THE GIRLS DON'T HAVE THEIR

MOTHER!'

Why, I wonder?

As he said, he doesn't believe going back over the past is helpful

It was installed, but the logs showed that it had NOT been used that morning. At one of the bail hearings, I think it was Judge Peter Applegarth commented that to claim that you'd used the app, when it clearly had NOT been used, would have to be pretty stupid - or words to that effect.

Super-searcher Marly can probably find the quote.

I was a bit surprised that Todd Fuller, while talking about how the app had "failed him that morning when he needed it most" didn't make that point.

Doc I have never used this APP so I don't know if from a bar of soap. But in court they were saying that the colour dot that appeared would likely have been GBC's phone and not Allisons. That the app is accurate but not more than 500 m so I think the colour was blue meaning that it was the the position of the owner of the phone and not the position of the phone they were looking for - if that makes any sense. The position of the phone they were looking for appears as a different colour (green) so I think the fact is only one dot - GBC's phone and that Allisons phone did not seem to be there.

You're right BJ and I don't think they ever found Kerry Whelan's body, did they?
Bernice Whelan was under severe suspicion.

They haven't found Kylie Laboutcherie s body either, but Paul Wilkinson sits in a cell and will be there for the rest of his life..

Thanks Laiden! Great post. Love hearing about these two champs making that grub squirm !
Hollow victory but still like it. This guy can't walk.
Btw- from experience as the girls got older they would be harder to manipulate with his false stories of how good of a daddy he was . Background pressure almost daily I would suspect.

I don,t know, but I'd hazard a guess that those numbers were days Allison suspected/knew he was with TM.

They are actually page numbers from a self help book that Allison was reading.

and

So GBC lied before the court?

And it would seem Fuller was aware he lied ? And allowed GBC to repeatedly lie?

second bid for bail.

Mr Doyle said Baden-Clay had a 'find my friends' application on his phone but at 6.41am on April 20 it was "likely it had never been used".

Justice Applegarth: "It would be a pretty stupid thing to say you had used that application when you hadn't."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...re-supreme-court/story-e6frg6n6-1226536987434

Following photo was taken on the day Allison's body was positively identified. "Himself" was on way to his lawyers in the photo taken that day.....

May 01, 2012

A WOMAN'S body found on a creek bank in Brisbane's west has been identified as that of missing mum Allison Baden-Clay.

037388-gerard-baden-clay.jpg

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...lison-baden-clay/story-e6freoof-1226343926997

It was installed, but the logs showed that it had NOT been used that morning. At one of the bail hearings, I think it was Judge Peter Applegarth commented that to claim that you'd used the app, when it clearly had NOT been used, would have to be pretty stupid - or words to that effect.

Super-searcher Marly can probably find the quote.

I was a bit surprised that Todd Fuller, while talking about how the app had "failed him that morning when he needed it most" didn't make that point.

Mr Doyle said Baden-Clay had a 'find my friends' application on his phone but at 6.41am on April 20 it was "likely it had never been used".

Justice Applegarth: "It would be a pretty stupid thing to say you had used that application when you hadn't."
http://m.couriermail.com.au/news/qu...re-supreme-court/story-e6freoof-1226536987434

There is video of police arriving at his office to tell him the news about a body being found.

If someone hasn't found it already I'll look for it shortly.

From GBC (admittedly through my eyes)
Oh My God! A body has been found! Wonder if the body might be my beloved missing wife Allison?
Oh please God, no. Not some foul play?
Please Taxi ( or whoever), please just get me there to Kholo Bridge ASAP.
Forget the expense. Been worried sick to distraction 11 days. (Mentioning the minutes)
Insurance money , says someone?
Am deeply OFFENDED by that mention. How dare you or anyone talk about money at a time like this!!!
Feel sick and apprehensive and I am so sorry if I have offended first and foremost, my beloved wife. Admit to wee tiff or something, but by the love of God, would do anything to resolve that tiff.
Need to see that body. (At least can rule out that it is NOT Allison)

Don't know. He's weak and he's a rat. Rat's will chew off their own leg to be free. Having weighed the odds, GBC might go for a lesser charge for less time in the clink as opposed to risking a whole lot more time inside

I found that hilarious. Thanks for the laugh even though it's true and serious.

Thanks Liadan You had me wetting myself and biting my nails I felt as though I was in the box with Gerry LOL.

A friend of mine IS a Forensic Psychiatrist who DOES work in the prison system. And their opinion of GBC is not suitable or appropriate for me to post here. :tantrum:

I am a psychiatric nurse and work in the forensic system. Narcissists are an absolute nightmare to deal with in the forensic setting as they are in real life.

I have got a little insight here to share so you can get an insight into how a true narcissist actually views themselves and the wider world.

The external image of the narcissist is the polar opposite of his/her internal world. On the outside the classic narcissist is frequently physically attractive, highly self confident, overflowing with charm. You feel the strong handshake, the eyes that penetrate your gaze, the rising of the jaw that tells you they are sure of every step. They are in command of their lives, unafraid and sure-footed. They spin phenomenal visions that are fueled by their grandiosity. Many people are fascinated by the narcissist in full bloom, exhibiting all of his persuasive gifts. When you are with a master narcissist you believe that anything is possible and can be accomplished with ease. The narcissistic view of life has no limits. They inspire awe in most people if they are high level narcissists who have mastered control and manipulation of others.

Beneath the glittery, irresistible surface, the inner world of the narcissist is empty, bleak and dark. There is a lifeless quality to the inner narcissist. These individuals are unacquainted with their unconscious feelings about themselves. They have no insight and believe their finely spun delusions. They convince others that they are superior and super human. Their followers are blindly loyal and believe they can do no wrong. Deep in the unconscious the narcissist is drowning in his self loathing and fraudulence. He feels empty and emotionally rudderless.

Pressure, self hatred, psychological lifelessness, unending restlessness and rage build up in the narcissist within the unconscious. The narcissist cannot contain these overpowering feelings so he projects them like bilious vomit on to those in his close environment. This includes his/her spouses, ex-spouses, children, siblings and in-laws. When they seethe with volcanic rage, the sounds emitted are bestial. Some of them let loose in public. Others save these ugly, rancorous scenes for private venues.

If you share your life with a narcissist, despite the role that you play, know that this person is never going to change. This is a severe personality disorder that is fixed and rigid. The narcissist lives in a psychological darkness that pulls others down into its depths. His/her demands, hatreds, treacheries, mounting cruelties, crimes of the heart mount as the darkness envelops him. He is unconcerned since the narcissist is out of touch with himself. It is those around him who are devastated by his internal psychological poisons. At the core he is putrid like a corpse that has been lying in the sun, giving off the lingering odor of death and decay. How long will you stay and be disastrously affected by this individual. Are there enough material rewards to cover up the stench of his vile deeds and deceits. Listen and you will hear the voice of your intuition rising, speaking to you in a compelling tone, telling you: “Get out now. Leave. Don’t stay or you will be trapped and lose yourself.”

There are many who have successfully removed themselves from the narcissist’s dark inner world. They have re-discovered themselves as individuals. The cracks of light have lengthened. They are in full light now and traveling a different road. Know that you can leave this dark place, that you don’t belong there.

reference: www.thenarcissistinyourlife.com

Now that GBC has finally stopped talking there is something that should be noted:

NOT ONCE IN ALL THAT MONOLOGUE DID HE SAY SOMETHING LIKE - 'I MISS

ALLISON SO MUCH' or 'IT'S SO AWFUL THAT THE GIRLS DON'T HAVE THEIR

MOTHER!'

Why, I wonder?

1. Nobody asked him.
2. Nobody told him to.

Hi Cattail :)

Yes - her face was unrecognisable - she couldn't be identified that way. Large areas of her soft tissues had been decomposed with areas of her skull showing. Only a part of the tongue could be found.

So in short, without going into too much gory detail, it was impossible to look for, or to find, those classical signs of smothering.

Thanks Doc. Would it also be too late for the carbon dioxide levels in the blood?

Edit. Thanks again , I see you answered this part already :)

So true MarlyWings he could not control himself : he had to have control of many others (their bodies, money, etc)

The hand up to the girls to be quiet gets my goat. What else were they in for when they reached an age where speaking their own mind, with their own thoughts and disagreeing and questioning became a natural expression?

If he's put behind bars and they are made to visit him by someone's schedule I hope it's short enough to allow their little minds protection : until they reach whatever age someone decides its OK for them to express themselves and legally have the right to say "Sod off Dad : you're wrong : I may or may not visit you again to listen to your nonsense"

bbm. This, to me is the worst part. How many children out there are growing up thinking that's ok. IT OFFENDS OUR COLLECTIVE CONSIENCE!

I am overwhelmed with emotion today, so sad for Allison and what a horror she lived through. A bit disappointed in the whole trial, hoping all those unanswered questions would be put to rest. I didn't know Allison personally, but saw her often in passing. Now I wish I had been her friend. I normally would avoid maccas at all costs, but I'd like to raise a glass to a lady who represents so many of us. Thank you WSleuthers all, from the bottom of my heart, you're wisdom, your wit, and mostly, all of your compassion.:yourock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail