GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
• Or the sample might be contaminated in some way #badenclay

Memory like a steel trap there, FigTree. Good one!

There's a whole 'nother chapter in the book of the film, based on this expert witness alone ;) That would be the book written collaboratively by WS, of course :loveyou:

Wow SwiftSleuth I followed that case from start to finish. I knew that name rung a bell.
Well done and welcome!!

Since the information about the forensic toxicologist is all out there in the public domain, I wonder what would happen if someone brought it to the attention of media covering the BC trial?

It would be an interesting little footnote to articles covering the events of the past day or two.

Important note to everyone...

As has been mentioned in previous weeks, WS is going to upgrade the site.

From around 11pm tomorrow night the site will be offline for around two hours or so while the upgrade takes place.

It WILL look different when we're back up with a new colour scheme. But don't panic as it will still operate the same as always & there'll be some niceee new features.

IF you have any problems once the change is made please do contact either myself or any of our other moderators.

Since the information about the forensic toxicologist is all out there in the public domain, I wonder what would happen if someone brought it to the attention of media covering the BC trial?

It would be an interesting little footnote to articles covering the events of the past day or two.
YEP. Holy Moly

Me too - and it occurs to me she may not have known at that point who her attacker was (e.g. if he started when she was asleep). It's awful to ponder what went through her head and if she sensed/felt/smelt it was him.

That could explain why the girls didn't hear anything, if he started smothering her with a pillow while asleep.

Could also explain the scream that sounded like it got cut off. Maybe she woke up and broke free for a sec before he realised she was awake and he'd have to pin her with more force.

72. The only time he made a weird statement to me about cheating on Allison was when I was in the office with possibly Ben. I asked him how he got into this situation and he said something like its alot like being a baby shaker you don't think you are a baby shaker until your caught shaking a baby.

That's so creepy. What an analogy!

Important note to everyone...

As has been mentioned in previous weeks, WS is going to upgrade the site.

From around 11pm tomorrow night the site will be offline for around two hours or so while the upgrade takes place.

It WILL look different when we're back up with a new colour scheme. But don't panic as it will still operate the same as always & there'll be some niceee new features.

IF you have any problems once the change is made please do contact either myself or any of our other moderators.

Marly - without wanting to appear a stick-in-the-mud, why is WS changing something that ain't broke? I know it's not your decision, but there will inevitably be teething problems and difficulties for folks using a different interface compared to one that everyone has become so comfortable with.

Don't tell me that WS are doing a Facebook? Changing things for the sake of changing things? ;)

I'll wait and see what the "new" WS is like before passing judgement, of course, being the unbiased, open-minded person that I am... :tantrum:

I am sure those tweeters have an eye WS. Seems this Dr. Roberston loves a bit of high stakes drama.

Great Great Great Sleuthing SwiftSleuth!!!

Thanks Liadan. I watched you all for so long I have a smile from ear to ear when people reply.

Small things entertain me!

I am sure those tweeters have an eye WS. Seems this Dr. Roberston loves a bit of high stakes drama.

Great Great Great Sleuthing SwiftSleuth!!!

Gee, that is interesting about the Dr!

I think I missed something though, who other than the jury did GBC try to pass a note to yesterday?

Would love to know what it said and whether a simple "I didn't do it" or an essay about how great he is and he'd never do that.

Marly - without wanting to appear a stick-in-the-mud, why is WS changing something that ain't broke? I know it's not your decision, but there will inevitably be teething problems and difficulties for folks using a different interface compared to one that everyone has become so comfortable with.

Don't tell me that WS are doing a Facebook? Changing things for the sake of changing things? ;)

I'll wait and see what the "new" WS is like before passing judgement, of course, being the unbiased, open-minded person that I am... :tantrum:

Doc, we don't have a choice. We've outgrown this software and had to double our server. In order to grow, this upgrade is necessary. has been putting band aids on this forum for too long. There is a thread in the Jury Room where he explains the problem in more detail.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Not to accommodate FACEBOOK !! :scared:

Say it isn't so :banghead:

<SNIP>

I've never written on any forum in my life but thought I had to after reading about the Forensic Toxicologist (Dr. Michael Robertson) who testified on behalf of the defence yesterday. please see link (article) below.

'Killer links Aussie lover'
http://www.news.com.au/national/killer-links-aussie-lover/story-e6frfkp9-1225777012294

I'm not suggesting or implying anything untoward in his testimony and agree with most sentiments that it didn't help the defence in any way. I just though of all the toxicologists in Australia they could've chosen a reputable one without a history.
<SNIP>

Mmhh! That's not a good choice of witness. Can you be sure that they are one and the same person? Dr Michael David Robertson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson