GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am rarely shocked by murders....

But this one was shocking.

The fact people are now more obsessed over the "sexting" than the murder of that little boy is even MORE SHOCKING!

The father appears to have left his son to die an absolutely horrid and terrifying death, and folks are obsessing over sexting?

No way. I can see how you'd think this. But remember what the judge said. That car would have smelled by lunch time. If he really and truly got distracted and then showed up at the car and opened that door, that blast of heat and the overwhelming smell (now I'm prepared to take it as evidence) would have made him stop and pause.

That's basically what the judge said to him. You didn't even think about your child. If this WAS a hapless fool who got in over his head, surely he would have simply at that moment checked the back seat of the car in a panic. ESPECIALLY after having seen the videos about it. His friends were RIGHT THERE and he had a total alibi for lunch. If he was really innocent he wouldn't have shut that door without checking the back seat.

Also just something I noted. He buys lightbulbs because THREE of the lightbulbs are out at home. Then he "tosses' the lightbulbs into the passenger seat from the drivers side door. He does this because he can't lean into the car without being caught on camera.

So he tosses them in. The fact that he needed three of them is important because packs come in 4 so you aren't going to risk breaking two by tossing it.

great observation!!

Yes, of course he and his wife would have gotten a lot of money donated! Anytime a child dies family, friends and community are going to rally. A gofund would have made its rounds on social media. The church alone would have raised funds for them!

So everyone who has had a child die accidentally has gotten thousands in donations?

So was Cooper a threat to his fabulous online virtual sex addict life?

And if so how?

As sick as it is to mention I bet killing his kid was part of the fantasy. That's why he was sexting while Cooper was dying in the car.

That was probably the whole picture, to be rid of his burdens and have freedom with all the time in the world to sleep with all of his fantasy women.

I think I've got an interest in this case because I once lived in the area. I missed the hearing due to having to work.

He really did not need to go to the Home Depot if he needed regular light bulbs. The Publix is huge. I this it's the largest one I have ever been to.

And which theater was he claiming to go to? Parkway Pointe AMC would be the closest, but the shopping center isn't as popular as Akers Mill Square. In fact, if he was going to the AMC, Cumberland Blvd it right next type to the theater.

But most of all, that poor baby. Rest in peace baby Cooper.

Probably got employee discount at home depot

I think I've got an interest in this case because I once lived in the area. I missed the hearing due to having to work.

He really did not need to go to the Home Depot if he needed regular light bulbs. The Publix is huge. I this it's the largest one I have ever been to.

And which theater was he claiming to go to? Parkway Pointe AMC would be the closest, but the shopping center isn't as popular as Akers Mill Square. In fact, if he was going to the AMC, Cumberland Blvd it right next type to the theater.

But most of all, that poor baby. Rest in peace baby Cooper.

much was made by defense atty that the light bulbs were special rounded globes for LH's vanity mirror. Does publix carry those special vanity surround bulbs?

Age of consent, state by state.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2003/olrdata/jud/rpt/2003-r-0376.htm

Georgia

§ 16-6-3

Statutory rape to have sexual intercourse with someone under age 16.

One to 20 years in prison, but (1) 10 to 20 years if the offender is age 21 or older and (2) up to one year in prison if the victim is age 14 or 15 and the offender is no more than three years older.

So was Cooper a threat to his fabulous online virtual sex addict life?

And if so how?

He wanted out of his marriage, he wanted out of the responsibilities of fatherhood and he wanted everyone to still think he was the good guy! It shows a lack of morality and also his ability to live a double life. It's motive and character all rolled up into one neat package!

Obviously, I have an interest in following these true crime stories or I would not be a member here...but, today has about done me in.

That little Guy walking and chatting in the Chik-Fil-a. His Daddy's kiss on his head.

That Baby's head popping up above the car seat...and Daddy seeing it, probably hearing him talking, as he backs the car into the space.

How long did he wait for Daddy to pick him up...to come back for him...as it got hotter and hotter...How long did he call for him, sob and cry while Daddy was taking pix of his penis?

And this MOTHER! The two pillars of the church here. My husband, the LEADER.

Dreams of the Baby in Jesus lap, while the fat Rock Star plays the guitar and Mommy Dearest is surrounded by other children. This is vomitous.

Forget about just Capitol punishment. I want these two stoned on the Village Square. There is no punishment that could ever approximate what has been done to that trusting Little Guy who loved them.

We have a Marietta Square, right across from the courthouse. I'm good with the public stoning being done right there.

Here's the video of the veterinarian demonstrating being left in a hot car they were talking about at the hearing today.

How Hot Does it Get in a Parked Car
Dr Ernie Ward
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JbOcCQ-y3OY

Ironically, I posted a link to that video in an earlier thread trying to show how bad it was, even with the windows cracked. Who knew that not too long ago, he used that very video to help him murder his son :(

I feel sorry for those poor manipulated people who gave him a standing ovation.....

What do you think they are feeling tonight? And (I mentioned this before) it was stated that many in courtroom were members of their church. Imagine showing up to support someone you assumed to be innocent and sitting through THREE HOURS of that!!!

There are no words - yet can't stop talking about it!!

So everyone who has had a child die accidentally has gotten thousands in donations?

remember the lady with the job interview whose kids (3 all still alive) were left in hot car? $119,000 was raised and handed over to her. Seems to be lots more fundraising and money in all sorts of cases nowadays with the popularity of sites that do fundraising.

I am rarely shocked by murders....

But this one was shocking.

The fact people are now obsessed over the "sexting" than the murder of that little boy is even MORE SHOCKING!

The father appears to have left his son to die an absolutely horrid and terrifying death, and folks are obsessing over sexting?

He was sexting while his son was dying.

Cliffs on the hearing today:

Level 1 Slime:
Surveillance video shows RH backing into parking space when he arrived with son at work
no backup cam on vehicle, would have to use rear view mirror and would undoubtedly see child
Cooper was too big for carseat; mannequin was used to show child easily visible only 6 inches away from suspect

Very inexplicable that he could have "forgot" his son.

Level 2 Slime:
Harris LIED about Cooper probably falling asleep; daycare workers said he always arrived wide awake
Harris LIED about not returning to his vehicle that day; surveillance video shows him dropping light bulb boxes into his vehicle @ lunch
surveillance video shows him leaning into the car and turning his head (as if to investigate whether Cooper had died yet)
when Harris leaves the car to head back to work for the afternoon, surveillance video shows a passerby walking in direction of vehicle
Harris stops dead in his tracks to watch the passerby until they are no longer in the area of the vehicle

Shows intent to deceive and hide his deception.

Level 3 Slime:
When Harris pulled over later that day and exited the vehicle with his son's body he immediately said that Cooper was dead
not only did he immediately say Cooper was dead, but he made no attempt at CPR (another person had to)
spent 6 minutes on the phone while his son's dead body lay on the ground just a few feet away

But oh it gets worse ...

Level 4 Slime:
Harris had internet searches for "child free life" and participated in vile "child free" reddit sub-forum
Harris had internet searches for "how long does it take for a child to die in a hot car"

And much worse than that ...

Level 5 Slime:
Harris had watched (and apparently got off on) videos of people and animals suffering inside hot cars
Harris had watched (and apparently got off on) videos of people dying and being killed, including suicides and executions

And just when you think it can't get any worse ...

Level 6 Slime:
The whole time his kid is suffering baking to death in his car, Harris is sexting with 6 females
getting an erection and exchanging x-rated pictures with 6 different females while he is murdering his child

But that's not all ...

Level 7 Slime:
One of the girls is underage, and police hinted they will get him with child *advertiser censored* and child solicitation charges
Girl asks him if he has a conscience and Harris replies "No"

We're really getting into the deeper levels of hell here ...

Level 8 Slime:
He feels absolutely nothing for his child; callously lies to his wife that Cooper's eyes and mouth were closed (when they were not, Cooper died a horrific death)
Shed no tears at any point except when he ranted about everything HE was going through
ranted at his wife about how HE could get in trouble, how HE could lose his job, never said anything about his son

And then the wife was in on it too ...

Level 9 Slime:
Wife shows up at Daycare and when Cooper isn't there she immediately says "Ross must have left Cooper in the car"
Daycare workers try to convince her that there could be another explanation but she insists "No. Ross must have left him in the car". As if it were a premeditated attempt to establish accident right from the beginning
Wife asks Harris about his interrogation "Why, did you say too much?
Wife only asked to see her husband and never asked about her son, never showed any emotion or concern for what had happened to her son

And then the motive ...

Level 10 Slime:
Couple took out $27,000 in life insurance policies on Cooper
they were in bad debt

So they locked their 1 year and 10 month old child in a hot car and fried him to death while he banged his head violently against the car seat and scratched part of his face off -- all so they could collect $27,000 or $13,500 / each (if they were going to divorce) rather than give the kid away and get nothing

-----------

Every time one level of slime was uncovered, infinite layers of more slime were uncovered beneath that one.

These two people are the worst kind of monsters. Who wants to stand up for them now?

Thank you for this....I think we all need to be reminded of this from time to time.

Yes, of course he and his wife would have gotten a lot of money donated! Anytime a child dies family, friends and community are going to rally. A gofund would have made its rounds on social media. The church alone would have raised funds for them!

Yup, and YouCaring sends the money directly to your bank account. They already have that money.

Age of consent, state by state.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2003/olrdata/jud/rpt/2003-r-0376.htm

Georgia

§ 16-6-3

Statutory rape to have sexual intercourse with someone under age 16.

One to 20 years in prison, but (1) 10 to 20 years if the offender is age 21 or older and (2) up to one year in prison if the victim is age 14 or 15 and the offender is no more than three years older.

Trading sexually explicit pictures via text with a minor would be a federal offense! The state law wouldn't matter! It would considered possession of child *advertiser censored*! The game changes when you use a computer or phone to have contact with minors!

It became clear that Leanna picked up Cooper most nights from Daycare.. and RH had texted her to say "when are you picking up my buddy" or similar about 3:40pm
So he was calling the daycare to tell Leanna what had happened. He had already tried her cell but not got her..
The question is - was she supposed to get to daycare BEFORE Daddy left work and discover that baby was still in the car? i.e. did daddy want to really upset her? Did he do it to hurt her?

Or - was it really just a mistake and he thought Leanna was going to pick up the baby from daycare which explains why he did not go to the daycare to pick up his son? Or something else

I think you hit it on the head.. He wanted her to walk in and find out he never dropped him off , call him frantic so he could run out and discover him. I'm wondering if the movie was a last minute issue that he went with and it created the need for him to improvise.

16 is the age of consent in Georgia. Interesting he googled that so he must have known.

Thanks. Ha. I didn't know that. Glad I don't live there...here it's against the law...as it should be (in my opinion) I have a 16 year old...no way mature enough yet to not be influenced by an experienced 33 year old man...sick. Of course I trust my 16 year olds judgement...but still...16 is too young to consent. I can't imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

remember the lady with the job interview whose kids (3 all still alive) were left in hot car? $119,000 was raised and handed over to her. Seems to be lots more fundraising and money in all sorts of cases nowadays with the popularity of sites that do fundraising.

People donated to her because she was arrested, and they feel that since she was "desperate" and looking for a job, she deserved sympathy. 30-40 kids a year are left in hot cars and die, and what other parents are getting thousands donated? I doubt he would have gotten anywhere near $20k if he was not arrested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BabyGhoul