GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain to me what could be on Allison's phone that would make it necessary for it to vanish?

PS I loved that word "dastardly." If he had have come out with "poppycock" or "fiddlesticks" my day would have been made.

Video or voice recordings of fights etc.

One of her daughters stated that mum always took her phone with her on walks. If she had her phone on her she would have been found too early. Maybe G thought ahead and knew A would take her phone, so best dispose of it separately.

That's right, it just fitted with the script.

Hi All - my husband and I use the Find My Friend app as he is a cyclist and we've had a couple of scares with him coming off his bike/getting flats in remote areas. I can confirm that the app shows yourself as the blue dot, and other people as an orange and white icon - see screen capture of where I am currently towards the bottom left side of the screen near Milton showing in blue.

Thanks very much Samanthaj.

Exactly. And Kellie Thomson noted GBC's reaction, or lack of, in her statement. I think this whole thing about Allison's phone showing up on GBC's phone was a furfy and GBC fell for it hook, line and sinker. No running over to 61 Boscombe Road, no "Thank God! You've found her." etc. Kellie Thomson noted the blue dot on GBC's phone at 1:09pm. The house had already been declared a crime scene over an hour earlier and GBC was well and truly under suspicion.

That's what I thought Makara. Gauging his reaction.

Would GBC have known that the body would need to be exposed to the elements for a while to destroy evidence? That's the sort of thing most people would have to google and the forensic computer team would have flagged any suspicious internet activity.

I think he's been incredibly lucky for the most part, except for the scratches. And it bothers me. He just doesn't seem cunning enough to know how to minimise physical evidence.

Sorry to be annoying, but what part of the phone did they get the pings from? If it's the sim, that could have been flushed down the toilet and the actual phone destroyed elsewhere. I keep thinking of the signal coming from the house behind.

Would GBC have known that the body would need to be exposed to the elements for a while to destroy evidence? That's the sort of thing most people would have to google and the forensic computer team would have flagged any suspicious internet activity.

I think he's been incredibly lucky for the most part, except for the scratches. And it bothers me. He just doesn't seem cunning enough to know how to minimise physical evidence.

No need for google when his father was a life insurance salesman.

I'm still unhappy about the lack of physical evidence linking GBC to Kholo Creek and the lack of a definitive cause of death. In the end it's all about the scratches. How many movies or TV shows have we seen where DNA clinching the case is found under a victim's fingernails? It is almost a cliche, and it might be enough to get a conviction. I am in awe of Allison that she may have had the wherewithal to try and mark her killer at that moment.
If I recall correctly, a sim card was found at Kholo Bridge at the time. It was quietly dismissed as "not being relevant".
Speaking of irrelevance, GBC was also "dismissed" as a suspect, in the early days.
So I have wondered how much "irrelevant" information is yet to be made public.

If he walks- God forbid, the Dickies should sue in civil court for the life insurance as the sacles tip to balance of probability.

He probably learnt just enough from watching TV.

Text copied from TM's statement...

21. Gerard never discussed insurances with me. I was never aware of a liability insurance police for the business but every agency does have to have a public liability insurance policy. I am aware that Nigel was previously a life insurance salesman because Nigel told me that. Nigel also told me that he was a former game warden in Africa. Nigel never tried to sell me a life insurance policy but did recommend that I take out a life insurance policy.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Bail Hearing Documents *No Discussion*

I am still having a problem with the phone. Why did the phone have to disappear. The find my friend ap was obviously turned of. The calls to and from the phone would have been on that server?? Am I right about that?? IF she took the phone when she went for a walk it would be useless if it was not on or charged. If she put Gerards phone on the charger the night before why wouldn't she have put hers on the charger also because she was going to a conference. She had her children having sleep overs and she had dresses to drop off. All reasons to want your phone charged and ready to go. Her phone should have had a good day or so of charge if it wasn't being used. (I don't understand the stuff about the phone being triangulated.) How does that work?

My thoughts are that the initial "story" was going to be that she went for a walk and was taken by a random stranger. One of the children said in their interview that she took her phone with her when she went for a walk. I think it was a rushed decision by the perpetrator, but this may have been the reasoning behind the phone needing to disappear.

If I recall correctly, a sim card was found at Kholo Bridge at the time. It was quietly dismissed as "not being relevant".
Speaking of irrelevance, GBC was also "dismissed" as a suspect, in the early days.
So I have wondered how much "irrelevant" information is yet to be made public.

My guess was GBC was told he wasn't a suspect so they could build their case and for the police to wait for him to slip up.

Personally I don't think the phone would have held any incriminating evidence but Gerard in his panic just thought he better get rid of anything that may.

Seriously, his undoing is his stupidity in calling the cops in the morning. He should have headed off to work and explained that he thought she had ben picked up early for the conference and didn't worry until he got a call from Kate about Allison not being there for the pre arranged meeting. That is a believable story and would throw more reasonable doubt into the cops mind to begin with. There are so many ways he could have played this and thrown way more doubt into my mind but he chose the early phone call which is a guilty man's conscience at work there- all over the place.

I am totally of the belief in the theory ABC went to bed first and slept and was smothered. This is the only way GBC could do it wthout a) leaving loads of physical evidence ie: blood and b) without waking the kids.

Another thing I want to know is- has anyone independent of the clan confirmed if ABC was a walker in the mornings? I just can't see GBC allowing her to walk in the streets when he forked out all his hard earned on a treadmill. I would imagine he berated her every night it wasn't in use.

I can tell you that I walked past Allison's house most mornings to work and never saw her. I even walked past the day she went "missing".

Exactly. And Kellie Thomson noted GBC's reaction, or lack of, in her statement. I think this whole thing about Allison's phone showing up on GBC's phone was a furfy and GBC fell for it hook, line and sinker.
Police conducted a search of the property, with the assistance of a helicopter equipped with a thermal imaging camera. Pretty elaborate furphy ...

Doesn't take a pathologist to work out a body putrefies quicker in warm, moist air than buried in earth or submerged in water.

What if they went out the back, argued, he killed A away from the house by the back fence (where Scraps lives), the dragged A back to the car, and placed her into the boot? No need to clean anything up on the inside. Maybe the tooth was chipped from being dragged through the garden over rocks? The jumper rises up . It was dark at the bridge so he didn't notice A was bleeding, so didn't clean up the blood. If only he was a Botanist he may have thought about the fallen leaves!

Very possible - our new neighbours (4 young children) go for a walk in their backyard to have discussions re parenting etc - we can hear it all but their children can't

Back here after real life taking over for a few days.

The only thing that pokes a hole in the conference being the catalyst theory for me is that Toni and Allison had run into each other at the gym and there was no confrontation then. Toni had been trying to keep her trainer talking so that she wouldn't have to walk directly past Allison. I don't believe either woman would have been undignified enough to initiate a confrontation at the conference. That was actually the one part of Todd Fuller's cross that didn't have me on eggshells. I didn't think it sounded like a realistic supposition.

I'm disappointed GBC wasn't hammered harder on the money. I think that's the weak spot. I'm back at my original theory that Allison was to theoretically go missing en route to the conference and her unknown meet up arrangement with Kate Rankin stuffed up GBC's timeline.

I also think GBC thinks he did well on the stand. Why oh why he made the completely unnecessary admission that he'd been with even more women is beyond me. To me, that smacked of "look what else I've gotten away with."
I believe that the time they crossed paths at the gym would have been before Toni and Gerard were back on.

I think this second time around she wasn't going to be satisfied with being the mistress anymore. He was determined in getting him to commit to ending it with Allison. Thus why she would now be confrontational. If Allison was at the conference it would suggest to Toni that she was not his top priority. It would be proved true, in her mind... "see he's put Allison before me again!"

Hi all, newbie here. Just wanted to say thanks and how happy I was to find you all! I have never been obsessed with a criminal case before. I don't know what's wrong with me. I found myself relying on live tweets via the courier mail but then I discovered a whole wealth of information on here and that other people were obsessed too! I still don't know why this is taking up my days. I have no personal connection at all. But glad to see there are others!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth