GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to theorise that the phone was hidden in bushland at the rear of Boscombe Rd so that in the early days of the search while the phone still had charge, it would indicate this as its location (via FindFriends or triangulation), thereby concentrating the search there and away from Kholo Creek Bridge, allowing the body time to putrefy (and destroying evidence of the injuries that led to death).

I agree. He threw it out there somewhere before the police got to the house and then later picked it up and properly destroyed it.

See the word manifested doesn't stand out to me as strange. It's not a word I would use but it is a fairly commonly used word.

I don't think in all my life I have heard anyone, other than GBC, use the word dastardly. ( other than Dastardly Dan :blushing:)

Totally agree.

I didn't know whether the jacket had pockets. Can only guess. I agree if I don't have a pocket, I leave the phone at home.

Funny that the autopsy report made mention of no pockets in the pants.
Her top was classified as a jumper (so I assuming if it had pockets it would have been mentioned)
:seeya:

Bumping up Kimster's post from earlier today for anyone who may not have read it.

This will be 11pm tonight Aus time.

WEBSLEUTHS will be offline tomorrow morning, July 4th, from 6AM to about 8AM PST for a software upgrade. You can get updates about the upgrade during that time on Twitter via #websleuths.

The search feature will not be fully operational for a couple of days after the upgrade, due to the amount of information on our site. It takes awhile to get that data back online.

For more information and to get answers to your questions, follow this link to our private forum:
For Members Only

I have to admit when I read dastardly I giggled and thought of that cartoon with
Dick Dastardly and Muttley...

I did too. My mind went to #6 Sergeant Blast & Private Meekly in the Army Surplus Special.

Sorry if this has been mentioned earlier but..I am wondering about the Captiva, the position it was parked and the lay of the land. If it was indeed reversed parked to 1/ enable loading a body from the rear of the house without detection and 2/ to be able to roll the car (roll start, without starting the engine) down the driveway and further down the road to avoid alerting neighbors or those inside the house. To me it looks like the house is positioned on a uphill driveway. Can anyone confirm this and how far away from the house could the car roll before roll starting the engine? TY

The driveway is flat and long, I'd say about 50metres? And in regard to roll starting, that would depend upon whether the Captiva is automatic or manual.

The removal and transfer of Allison's body may have taken place towards morning, Gerry may have been concerned with regard to heat in the motor of the Captiva had he not used it for the pretance of looking for Allison.

It's a shame the car engines computers don't have a log of each time the car engine was turned on/off... Similar to that of the phone being put on the charger! :tantrum:

The driveway is flat and long, I'd say about 50metres? And in regard to roll starting, that would depend upon whether the Captiva is automatic or manual.

Thanks AAAA, of course a manual to roll start,though could still roll,just wondering if it was on a slope and able to roll any distance from the house. Older cars were good for this,later models still have limited ability to steer and brake (without power assist)when the key is turned to Aux, manual or auto.Ty

Sen-Constable McLeod

He said her phone was triangulated between three cell towers to within a 4km radius.

He said the location of the phone triangulation pinpointed an address on Boscombe Rd.

Sen-Constable McLeod said a phone tower could be picked up by another cell tower depending on the volume being experienced by different towers in the area.

http://m.news.com.au/b9391f41/u/QLD/fi11785752.htm

It's a shame the car engines computers don't have a log of each time the car engine was turned on/off... Similar to that of the phone being put on the charger! :tantrum:

Wouldn't that be great? I imagine that some of the really high end cars would have this feature, but sadly no to a Captiva. Having worked in the car industry it's pretty amazing what the computers can show the mechanics though.

Oddsocks, I agree with others here..... your amazing portrait should go to the Dickies and the girls. What a great gift you have and what a great gift you would be passing on. A copy can placed at her memorial.
Think about it at least.

Funny how things come about.
My youngest boy is 8, and has exhausted his collection of books. Last night I pulled out my old collection of Famous Five books which I had as a kid, and have introduced them to him. Hopefully he finds them as interesting as I did (I reread them many times as a boy).

And as for "dastardly", I too thought of Wacky Races (and Mutley, my favourite) :)
Spent a bit of time searching for a photo of DD with some face scratches but no luck.

Dick_Dastardly.jpg
Now I'm getting a little bit scared :tantrum:

What of the posts from a local who said they saw a car with all its 4 doors open at the house.
It was either very late, or in the early hours of the next morning.

I do not, for one minute believe that he gave his mobile phone to his wife every night. Supposedly For inspection.
But I do believe the notion (of Allison checking his phone, haha!) created a semi legitimate excuse as to how his phone got itself to the charger at night.
Aside: I wonder who is writing his script?
I firmly believe that someone here is speaking LIES.
And I believe that to date the accused has been proven to be speaking lies. Many Lies.
Many Lies for many years.
The miracle was that Allison Dickie Baden Clay managed to stay alive through all manner of deceit for so long.
She must have been pretty resilient. She must have pretty tough. She must have been pretty positive.
She must have been pretty special. She must have been Allison Dickie Baden Clay.

I shudder when I watch the footage of him leaving I think it was Indro Police Station where he puts his hand out towards the media guy with the camera he so wanted to shove the camera guy.

I can tell you that I walked past Allison's house most mornings to work and never saw her. I even walked past the day she went "missing".

And for 2 years your walk has never been the same :banghead:
I can imagine that this has had a huge impact on your life . Bless you sweetie x

One of GBC's quotes of the week (in which I struggled not to burst out laughing).

"I usually shower before I shave. I didn't that morning, but I usually shower before everything else to give my skin time to wake up".

I personally think it's a slam dunk lay down mezare (?sp) but I have thought he was guilty since I first heard of Allison being missing - mother of three young girls .....
And I never thought lindy chamberlain was guilty

The first I heard , of a mother of 3 girls missing... I knew it was the Husband.
And I too believed Lindy Chamberlain was innocent.
:loveyou: :loveyou::loveyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member