GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be argued
1. he lived close to his parents and initially asked them for help. He was not close to Alison's parents and may not have wanted to alarm them unnecessarily and this early stage.
2. Why would he be worried about ringing TM when his wife was missing
3. Was he ever asked to make Alison's pyjamas available?
4. The phone is a mystery. The fact that it was not found despite extensive searcing by police and SES etc causes me to wonder whether tracking devices were working correctly. GBC did not have the opportunity to run out and find it once the police were at his house. This seems to be one of the biggest mysteries of this case
5. Yep agree the blood in the Captiva is a biggie. However as there is no evidence he actually cleaned the car (otherwise the contents of the vacuum cleaner would have been submitted as evidence) were any other inquiries made of the girls whether mum ever sat in the back seat as a passenger? A long, long shot but was it ever asked?
6. Despite lots of speculation NBC has never been charged as an accomplice. There was no evidence presented that he was an accomplice
7. Is it a case of damned if you do and damned if you don't. He would have been acused as gutless if he did not take the stand.
8. Certainly lack of remorse if you are guilty. And he did not seem to have much remorse for his other "dastardly" behaviour

The girls explained who sat where in Sparky.
Adults in the front . Youngest on the left in a "special" seat, oldest in the middle and middle child on the right side.

I posted this info and link back in another thread.

Welcome to Sunday sleuthers! Beautiful day here in Brisbane... just introduced a small rooster to my flock of GG's. He won't stop crowing about it, so I have decided to name him.... Gerard.
+

Perfect name! I particularly noted that he is a "small" rooster. Oh well, whatever he lacks in physical size, he will make up for with loud self-promotion.

Just a couple of observations from some the posts recently:

1. The Life Assurance policy - in this situation and probably many others (terminal illness, coma, expected death) it would be appropriate to contact the Insurance company in the days leading up to the discovery of Allison's body. People who are preparing for someone to die or in this found dead do these things and on checklists for this sort situation you would find contacting the insurance company high on the list. Particularly if they Insurance agent, I think the company would have been aware that Allison was missing. Just to be totally practical, as there financial situation was so precarious, they would have needed money to pay for the funeral, funerals are required to be paid upfront, and are in excess of $5000.

2. I wonder why GBC phone records don't show him being hounded by Westpac re the missed credit card payments and overlimit spends. They are usually quite relentless in their pursuit of defaulters. Did they use the card between February and April? banks usually won't let you use the card once you are overlimit and in default.

3. To a young child, if Mum goes for a walk three times, she goes every day, she went last Monday - so she walks every Monday, there reasoning is not the same as an adult. The same goes for "coaching" children, they would remember the latest idea put into there minds, having said that though they can be brutally honest.

4.The roundabout and all the other things we don't quite understand - there is so much in this case that has not been explained - including the cause of death, transporting to Kholo Creek, the importance of the phone (I wonder if it was of that much importance, or the police where searching hoping it may give them some clues) and the intriguing roundabout, that the prosecution case is very circumstantial,but once that silly man put himself on the stand and exposed all of his lies, you just could not believe him about anything.

5. The scratches - could someone more knowledgeable tell me if you are smothered in your sleep, would you wake up and therefore be able to inflict the scratches, or do you just slip away. Babies who smother don't seem to wake themselves and cry and with plastic bags children (in movies) seem to lose consciousness quickly.

Yes I hadn't thought till you just said, but my life insurance has included that when I die they will immediately pay out $25k of the sum insured to cover the funeral costs and alleviate any immediate financial problems for those I leave behind. So when I die I would expect my family to be contacting the life insurance people within a day or two.

Yes I hadn't thought till you just said, but my life insurance has included that when I die they will immediately pay out $25k of the sum insured to cover the funeral costs and alleviate any immediate financial problems for those I leave behind. So when I die I would expect my family to be contacting the life insurance people within a day or two.

...but BEFORE your body was positively identified? Just based on the news that "a body has been found"?

I wonder if the defence will use this in summing up. If the prosecution case is that Alison was murdered and back home by 1.48 then if Alison had gone for a late night walk to clear her head (there is ample evidence she had plenty on her mind-marital stress, weverevfinancial stress, coping with long term depression, back in the workforce full time and all the juggling that entails etc.) then what were the cars doing there and could they be somehow be independently connected to Alison's disappearance?

The only one reporting that Allison went for a late night walk or an early morning walk was GBC.
The only ones rabbiting on and on about her depression are the Clays.
Not suggesting she never suffered any depression.
The root cause IMO, if removed from her life just prior to marriage, would have seen a completely different Allison.
The same root cause for her depression was also responsible for causing unimaginable stress.

But there was no additional incrimination information

Really? This interview is where the girls talked about yard arms and school bags in the boot of Sparky. The girls were also asked about where they sat and about the toys in the boot, also tissue box and a map in the car while jockey straps or ropes were kept in the boot. The side of bed which mum and dad slept on.

June 27, 2012.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226951597398

It could be argued
1. he lived close to his parents and initially asked them for help. He was not close to Alison's parents and may not have wanted to alarm them unnecessarily and this early stage. Okay ..... in his own words 'he didn't click with them, but they may have known more of her whereabouts...especially before phoning Police...just a phone call!
2. Why would he be worried about ringing TM when his wife was missing He had to lie low ..even though he hadn't deleted his phone calls to TM of late afternoon before.
3. Was he ever asked to make Alison's pyjamas available? I believe he just gave this information unasked ..following the Court having heard the interview with his children, wherein his 10 yr old said unsure, but didn't think her Mother was wearing pyjamas when she last saw Allison on the lounge.;
4. The phone is a mystery. The fact that it was not found despite extensive searcing by police and SES etc causes me to wonder whether tracking devices were working correctly. GBC did not have the opportunity to run out and find it once the police were at his house. This seems to be one of the biggest mysteries of this caseAnother glitch was the face time call to NBC!
5. Yep agree the blood in the Captiva is a biggie. However as there is no evidence he actually cleaned the car (otherwise the contents of the vacuum cleaner would have been submitted as evidence) were any other inquiries made of the girls whether mum ever sat in the back seat as a passenger? A long, long shot but was it ever asked? Why was the blond hair that was found in the rivulet of blood not examined in more detail. I understand if the root is not present that there is no DNA but surely with todays modern scientific advances they should be able to tell whether the hair is chemically coloured and whether the colour matched the recent (only the day before) colour treatment. If this was the case it would place the hair in the car in blood post the hairdressing appointment and would have been the clincher for me. Why wasn't it tested and if it was why were we not given the result? I believe that it was stated by the Forensic Witness that it was consistent with hair from Allison's brush......maybe not conclusive enough.
6. Despite lots of speculation NBC has never been charged as an accomplice. There was no evidence presented that he was an accomplice This case is only against GBC
7. Is it a case of damned if you do and damned if you don't. He would have been acused as gutless if he did not take the stand. He took the risk, but ..........before that, the Court didn't know what is now known!
8. Certainly lack of remorse if you are guilty. And he did not seem to have much remorse for his other "dastardly" behaviour
]..If a sentence is forthcoming, maybe this would be taken into account.[/COLOR]

JMO ..... but this is what could have been. Always open to other opinions.[COLOR="#800000"

Im a bit frustrated by the concept that GBC would not ever never couldnt kill his wife
with 3 daughters in the house and oh he would never leave his daughters alone.
He has low morals he is a liar he is so many low things.......of course he would
leave his daughters at home by themselves of course he would kill his wife with them
in the house....why is this so hard to believe......he isnt a good nice person he is
the opposite of it.....MOO.....:tantrum:

From your link "For starters, it's the wrong thing to do but secondly you will always get caught out and usually when you least expect it.

How true is that Gerry?!!!!

Touche

This is what I don't understand, why call 000 if you expect your wife to walk through the door at any time.
So what if Allison might run late for a conference, it's only a conference. When he called she wasn't really late. It's wasn't yet time for a 000 call.
I think I'd call her parents before calling 000. Maybe I'm old fashioned but 000 should be for life threatening reasons-oh it's just too obvious he knew something.

"I half expected Allison to walk in the door at any moment, or to get a call that she'd been found and was fine."
Mr Baden-Clay said he phoned his dad Nigel Baden-Clay to ask whether he had seen Allison.
"I didn't want to be alarmist or anything," he said.
Mr Baden-Clay said his father arrived at his house a short time later and sat with the children.
He said he set out searching for his wife.
"I didn't want to panic. I still thought Al must still be on her walk somewhere," he said.
Mr Baden-Clay's sister Olivia Walton, who was visiting from Townsville at the time, also set out searching for Mrs Baden-Clay.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ve-coverage-day-12-week-4-20140630-3b2vi.html

I wonder if the defence will use this in summing up. If the prosecution case is that Alison was murdered and back home by 1.48 then if Alison had gone for a late night walk to clear her head (there is ample evidence she had plenty on her mind-marital stress, weverevfinancial stress, coping with long term depression, back in the workforce full time and all the juggling that entails etc.) then what were the cars doing there and could they be somehow be independently connected to Alison's disappearance?

Re the bolded. Much, if not all, of the "depression" comments came from the accused murderer and his family. Numerous doctors have shown that Allison was not the depressed individual GBC and co have painted. Allison's family and friends also stated how happy she was and looking forward to the future.

In my opinion, GBC has, for many years, used the depression angle and exaggerated it as an excuse to hitch up with other women.

It's obvious in his mammoth spiel in court..."poor me, bad sad Allison" on and on he went along that same line.

It could be argued
1. he lived close to his parents and initially asked them for help. He was not close to Alison's parents and may not have wanted to alarm them unnecessarily and this early stage.

SBM

I think the contradiction in this is if it was too early to alarm them then it was too early to involve the police.

I don't find it strange that he called his own parents first. But it is strange that he called the police before calling Allison's parents.

I wanted to add to my earlier post that it is less that I believe the opposite of whatever that particular guy says, and more that it just goes in one ear and out the other. Like in the case of the equipment I didn't start by assuming that whatever he said he did, he did not do and vice versa. I just didn't use his words to understand or address the situation, but instead went and checked everything out myself as if he had told me nothing other than "computer froze and now won't start." in other words if he told me there wasn't a cloud in the sky, I would still check the weather app and pop my head out the window before walking out the door without an umbrella. Now I personally think that his lies reveal a lot about him as an individual, but in terms of specific situations, they're just completely uninformative about the realities of who, what, where, when, etc.

Re GBC's comments that he wouldn't leave his daughters at home alone.

When someone has committed murder, or any other crime for that matter, they're thoughts are centred on themselves and how they can cover their own backsides. They will endlessly lie and attempt to do whatever it takes to try get out of it.

I think GBC was very well practised, throughout many years, with covering his own backside and hiding his affairs from Allison.

Yaaayyy. you said that brilliantly, I waffle...lol
thankyou
:loveyou:

Cheeseman & others took the stand to say there was no hurry for the money but yet Frost and the salespeople weren't asked to give their very important information regarding the affair, money problems and having to walk away for $1 payment.

If GBC gets off I'll be disappointed with the prosecution's lack of information presented.

Huge hugs for Mr and Mrs Dickie today. I'm praying for your justice.

July 27, 2012
Baden-Clay is still prohibited contact visits at Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre, where he's been placed in a protected cell, and was forced to talk to mother and father Elaine and Nigel, and friend Rob Cheesman through a wall of glass when they came to visit him on Thursday morning.

Rob Cheesman is obviously a very good family friend to say he didn't worry about $90,000 while on the stand.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ion-with-parents/story-e6freon6-1226437064918

Happygolucky, I understand what you're saying. We've had a lot more time to pick this bits than the jury has. I'm not convinced the prosecution has proved it's case. We have had much more information to draw a conclusion from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMR0715