GUILTY WI - LAKE GENEVA SUITCASE MURDERS, Laura Simonson & Jenny Gamez - #2

Here is the obituary for Laura's daughter. SO very sad! :(

http://www.southernminn.com/northfi...cle_1618a7f2-7ea9-5efa-b884-bb22cea9fd61.html

http://www.meaningfulfunerals.net/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=2130812&fh_id=11715

When she was days away from taking her first steps independently, a tragic accident changed forever the course of her young life and the lives of those who loved her. Following a courageous struggle, she was left with disabilities that would challenge both the strength and spirit of Alyssa and her family in the coming years.

Legal shield...just like Travis Alexander...(his employer is now known as legalshield IIRC)

Via Kindle, like a true Amazon junkie

That's interesting. I looked at that case a little (I wasn't familiar with it) and that's where he met Jodi Arias at a conference for the company. Off topic, but I always wonder if sociopaths aren't more inclined than the average citizen to get involved with pyramid schemes (euphemistically called multi-level marketing) like LegalShield since doing well in them is all predicated on roping in as many people, usually friends and family, as possible into the company and likely leaving them holding the short end of the stick in order to make your money. It's pretty close to a con game.

Responding to SOS's post on the last thread:
SOS Quote "Does anyone know what SZ did before he became a police officer?
1979 he would have been 18 and he began in LE in 1989 that is 10 years at an age where most people work and/or attend school.
I have not yet heard anything about that time period
and I wonder if there are other possible accusations of Rape where victims attempted to go to the authorities about SZ but may not have been investigated due to SZ's fathers occupation in LE"

From this article, it says "Zelich worked for the Mequon Police Department from Jan. 30, 1984, to Feb. 25, 1989, when he resigned in good standing for a position with the West Allis Police Department, Mequon Capt. Scott Tyler said Thursday"
http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/...dcuffs-report-says-b99304539z1-265734811.html
He graduated Saint Thomas More Private Catholic High School in 1979 and started in LE in 1984 at 22. Mequon is 20 miles north of West Allis, near where his sister lives.

Not an eviction, police putting evidence into a Walworth County crime scene unit truck. Walworth county wouldn't be there for an eviction in Milwaukee county.

Thanks - I was not tracking that well on SZ's work history, Dang - 17 years in LE..... :gasp:

Observation; Laura was Nov 2 & 3, 2013 - if Jenny was late 2012 that could be around the same time of the year.
His birthday was just a few days before the confirmed trip to the Motel with Laura (10/29)
Is there some connection to his birthday ?

Keep in mind that, as far as we know, the last time Jenny's foster mom (up in OR) spoke to Jenny on the phone was on Mother's Day, so in May 2012. Is there any indication the FM knew where J was at that time? Would J have gone six months with no contact? I'm curious if LE has turned up anybody else who knew Jenny, when they saw her last and if LE has been able to confirm her last whereabouts in any state let alone confirm if she was ever in Wisconsin.

Thanks - I was not tracking that well on SZ's work history, Dang - 17 years in LE..... :gasp:

He had his Wisconsin Private Security License since 07/02/2007 and it expires 08/31/2014. Wondering where he worked after "resigning" from West Allis PD in 2001 up until working for Securitas in 2007.

http://online.drl.wi.gov/LicenseLookup/IndividualCredentialSearch.aspx

If you click on his name, this link states he started working for: SECURITAS SECURITY SERVICES USA INC MILWAUKEE, WI EMPLOYER on 06/28/2007

Just FYI, I'm working on a detailed timeline to help us all keep track of what happened when. Stay tuned...

Just FYI, I'm working on a detailed timeline to help us all keep track of what happened when. Stay tuned...
That would be great. I've started a Media and Timeline Thread, and have filled in many of the articles. When you're ready to post the timeline, please post it in the media thread as well as the discussion thread.

:tyou:

Responding to SOS's post on the last thread:
SOS Quote "Does anyone know what SZ did before he became a police officer?
1979 he would have been 18 and he began in LE in 1989 that is 10 years at an age where most people work and/or attend school.
I have not yet heard anything about that time period
and I wonder if there are other possible accusations of Rape where victims attempted to go to the authorities about SZ but may not have been investigated due to SZ's fathers occupation in LE"

From this article, it says "Zelich worked for the Mequon Police Department from Jan. 30, 1984, to Feb. 25, 1989, when he resigned in good standing for a position with the West Allis Police Department, Mequon Capt. Scott Tyler said Thursday"
http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/...dcuffs-report-says-b99304539z1-265734811.html
He graduated Saint Thomas More Private Catholic High School in 1979 and started in LE in 1984 at 22. Mequon is 20 miles north of West Allis, near where his sister lives.

Thanks for this. I had been looking for his history with the Mequon PD, but hadn't been able to find it. I actually know the police captain quoted in the article, but haven't talked to him in many years.

SZ's sister owns a 4000 square foot home in Mequon.

Keep in mind that, as far as we know, the last time Jenny's foster mom (up in OR) spoke to Jenny on the phone was on Mother's Day, so in May 2012. Is there any indication the FM knew where J was at that time? Would J have gone six months with no contact? I'm curious if LE has turned up anybody else who knew Jenny, when they saw her last and if LE has been able to confirm her last whereabouts in any state let alone confirm if she was ever in Wisconsin.

"Gamez's foster mother, Lorraine Eriksen, said she submitted dental records to police to help in her identification. Eriksen said she last saw Gamez on Mother's Day in 2012 when she stopped to bring her a plant."

Saw not spoke to on the phone

Source: https://news.yahoo.com/second-wisconsin-suitcase-body-identified-oregon-woman-185658941.html

Preliminary timeline, linked to sources. Additions and/or corrections are always welcome!

Oct 29, 1961: Zelich was born

1976?: Laura was born

1979: Zelich graduated from St Thomas More High School in Milwaukee

Jan 30, 1984: Zelich was hired by the Mequon Police Department

Feb 25, 1989: Zelich resigned from the Mequon Police Depart

Feb 1989: Zelich was hired as a patrol officer with the West Allis Police Department

Apr 9, 1993: Jenny was born

About 1998: Jenny began living in foster care with a series of families

May 13, 2001: LE was called to Zelich's apartment in the 11200 block of W National Ave in West Allis due to an altercation with a woman he brought home from a bar; the case was never referred to the Milwaukee County district attorney's office for possible prosecution

Aug 2001: Zelich resigned from the West Allis Police Department

Oct 27, 2002: Zelich's father passed away

Jan 13, 2004: Zelich created a profile on Bondage.com, expressing his desire for a permanent "24/7 slave, for absolute ownership/slavery" (link NSFW)

2006: A former girlfriend and her children moved to Milwaukee to live with Zelich

Jun 28, 2007: Zelich began working for Securitas Security Services USA

Jul 2, 2007: Zelich was issued a Wisconsin private security license

Aug 2007: The former girlfriend and her children secretly moved out while Zelich was at work

2007: A former business partner cut all ties with Zelich, accusing him of embezzlement from Comprehensive Title LLC

Jun 24, 2008: Household Finance filed suit against Zelich in civil court and was awarded $16,345.26

June 28, 2008: Jenny gave birth to a child

May 4, 2009: Livingston Financial filed suit against Zelich in civil court and was awarded $11,360.21 plus $3,979.70 interest

Nov 4, 2009: Zelich created a profile on ThailandSexy.com, expressing his desire for a permanent "24/7 slave, for absolute ownership/slavery" (link NSFW)

2010: The father of Jenny's child gained sole custody of him

2010: Laura's seven children were placed in foster care with her father

Apr 6, 2010: Midland Funding filed suit against Zelich in small claims court and was awarded a judgment of $2,170.85

Jun 4, 2010: First American Title Insurance, underwriter for policies written by Comprehensive Title, sued Zelich for unpaid premiums and was awarded $53,797.75 plus $3,598.65 interest

Jun 2011: Jenny graduated with honors from Al Kennedy Alternative High School in Cottage Grove, OR, earning a two-year scholarship to Lane Community College in Eugene, OR

2011-2012: Jenny attended Lane Community College for one year

Dec 19, 2011: Zelich's landlord filed an eviction suit against him in small claims court and was awarded a judgment of $6,569

Jan 19, 2012: Zelich placed a message on MasterB Slave Club seeking an owner for "no limit no release enslavement"

May 13, 2012: Jenny's foster mother last saw her on Mother's Day when Jenny stopped by to bring her a plant

Mid-2012: According to her foster mother, Jenny abruptly decided to move to California to live with friends and fell out of touch with everyone close to her

Late 2012-Early 2013: Zelich claimed he spent days with Jenny before killing her in Kenosha County, WI

Apr 23, 2013: Household Finance filed a Garnishment-Large Claims suit against Zelich in civil court

Jun 20, 2013: One of Laura's children died suddenly

Nov 1, 2013: Laura was last seen by family members

Nov 2, 2013: Laura parked her van at her mother's house

Nov 2, 2013: Laura was picked up from the parking lot of the Akin Road Elementary School in Farmington

Nov 2, 2013: Laura was last seen alive when she and Zelich checked in to the Microtel Inn in Rochester, MN

Nov 3, 2013: Zelich checked out of the Microtel Inn alone

Nov 22, 2013: Laura was reported missing by her mother

Jan 2014: A friend of Laura's posted on her Facebook page that Laura was taken from her mother's house on November 2, 2013 by Steven Zelich

Mid-Jan 2014: Farmington LE accessed Laura's online chats and located two e-mails accounts registered to Zelich

Jan 17, 2014: At the request of Farmington LE, West Allis LE went to Zelich's apartment but found no sign of Laura

Early 2014: After Zelich failed to respond to a letter from Farmington LE, FBI and Wisconsin DCI agents spoke to him

Apr 18, 2014: A classified ad was placed in Wisconsin Super Ads, accusing Zelich of holding Laura captive

May 15, 2014: Zelich created a profile on Alt.com, expressing his desire for a permanent "24/7 slave, for absolute ownership/slavery" (link NSFW)

May 25, 2014: Zelich posted a Legal Shield ad on CraigsList

First week of June 2014: Zelich said he took both bodies to the Town of Geneva and dumped them in tall grass on the side of a road

Jun 5, 2014: A Town of Geneva highway worker cutting grass discovered two suitcases in a ditch along North Como Road just east of County Road H in the Town of Geneva, WI

Jun 5, 2014: Farmington LE was notified that a body matching Laura's description had been found

Jun 6, 2014: Autopsies were conducted on the unidentified remains

Jun 9, 2014: The Waukesha County ME's office revealed that the remains belonged to two females

Jun 10, 2014: Rochester LE first became aware of the connection between the suitcases and Laura's disappearance when they were contacted by Wisconsin LE

Jun 12, 2014: Investigators processed the room Laura and Zelich occupied at the Microtel Inn in Rochester for traces of evidence

Jun 24, 2014: LE discovered physical evidence that connected Zelich to the bodies of Laura and Jenny

Jun 25, 2014: Steven Zelich was taken into custody for questioning related to the two bodies

Jun 25, 2014: Zelich's apartment at 8011 W Lincoln Ave was searched and potential evidence seized

Jun 25, 2014: Zelich was arrested on two counts of hiding a corpse and booked into the Walworth County Jail

Jun 25, 2014: One of the bodies was identified as Laura Simonson, 37, of Farmington, MN; a description of the other body was released

Jun 26, 2014: A former girlfriend of Zelich's said he claimed he'd once had a girl for seven years and kept her caged 90% of the time

Jun 27, 2014: Zelich appeared via video for his initial hearing on two felony charges of hiding a corpse; his bail was set at $1,000,000

Jun 27, 2014: Cottage Grove LE said they were working with Wisconsin LE to obtain Jenny's dental records

Jun 30, 2014: The second body was officially identified as Jenny

Jul 3, 2014: The woman involved in the 2001 altercation with Zelich spoke to a reporter about the events of that night

Jul 3, 2014: Zelich was bound over for trial at his preliminary hearing

Jul 17, 2014: Zelich is scheduled to enter a plea

Reactions: d4j
Okie Thanks for the lot of work you put into that time frame.

I also notice that his father died late October 2002. I wonder if this had any impact on him. Just another angle I thought of. JMOO

Excellent timeline OkieGranny! Thanks for all of your hard work. I don't know if it is worth mentioning, but he was the "personal representative" on his father's estate, which was valued at $ 443,574.00. The estate was settled in December 2003. http://2002.occupista.com/2002/2002PR002538~40.html

LE went to his house three times in January and February 2014. On January 17th they did a search for signs of Laura. They went back again in January and in early February. They delivered the letter from Farmington LE. The dates were in the video version of one of the recent TV news stories. (I'll see if I can find them later when I get the time.)

Here is a link to Laura's missing thread here at WS: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?227975-MN-Laura-Jean-Simonson-37-1-November-2013

OkieGrannie ~ wow, thank you so much!!!

this is a really helpful tool. I'm wondering where the captive slave of seven years fits on the SZ timeline.

can we piece together his residences? we have the address of the altercation in 2001. When did he move into his sister's condo? After moving out of his sister's condo, did he then move to the West Allis apartment that was searched?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back