GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not sure if it is always the case, but I know that some cops with the canine unit keep the dog at their home with them. ( at least a friend did many years ago..) So if it happened when the cop was off duty.. with family, or such... it would be a different story...

Do we know that the dog dying actually happened besides RH saying it did. Here, when a canine is not actively working a scene, they are left locked in the back of the patrol car with the engine running and the AC/heat on. They know how to get out if the trainer needs immediate help and gives the right command.

This is probably way off base, but I wonder if there may have been some kind of TV program on in the weeks before Cooper's death that may have fueled the parents' thinking. I keep thinking about an old Law and Order episode where the mother put her living baby in an incinerator, thinking he'd be better off in heaven; she originally told the police that the baby had been kidnapped. Horrible thought, I know.

This is probably way off base, but I wonder if there may have been some kind of TV program on in the weeks before Cooper's death that may have fueled the parents' thinking. I keep thinking about an old Law and Order episode where the mother put her living baby in an incinerator, thinking he'd be better off in heaven; she originally told the police that the baby had been kidnapped. Horrible thought, I know.

I remember someone said there was a true crime show where the parents did murder their child by leaving him or her in a hot car. Not sure the show, though.

Yep, there's a strong case right there for premeditation. The past tense use alone has me believing there had been prior discussion between them about killing Cooper and the best way to make it look like an accident.

Yes and doesn't this indicate that the two of them were in this together? JMO

It does and that thought sickens me, I keep getting a picture of the two of them sitting there plotting this for the insurance money/freedom or whatever BS reason they came up with to justify it to themselves. You know, other dishonest people in debt and desperate might sit and discuss burning down a house or staging a burglary for the insurance money but even the worst of financial fraudsters will draw the line at plotting the death of another human being not to mention their own child.

I dreaded what he would look like (past tense)

I am not bothered by the past tense on this. at the time he is relaying something to his wife that happened previously. What bothers me is the thought at all. You dreaded looking at your baby? What if by some miracle he is alive, barely, back there? you dreaded looking?

The phrase is odd the whole lying to wife about him being peaceful, eyes and mouth closed, that is disgusting to me. the past tense is simply past tense. Don't really get why that is a big deal JMO.

I have the feeling that if LH doesn't throw RH under the bus, he will be more than happy to do it to her. I am not seeing loyalty from him to her. He's a douchebag and out for himself. If she doesn't get wise to this, and fast, I am betting he will take her down.

One way or the other, makes no difference to me. They both deserve what they get and so much more.

Totally agree but I think this is a case like Zahra Baker's where they probably know bothe were involved but they've got the main perp and ringleader in RH and will be more inclined to use this possibility that he'll throw her under the bus as a way to get her to cave so they can use her evidence to nail the lid shut on him rather than the other way around.

As far as I'm concerned LH threw herself under the bus by her behavior at the funeral, her behavior at the hearing...chewing gum...I wanted to slap her!
JMO

But he did say 'I dreaded how he would look'.
Thoughts?

Yep, there's a strong case right there for premeditation. The past tense use alone has me believing there had been prior discussion between them about killing Cooper and the best way to make it look like an accident.

It does and that thought sickens me, I keep getting a picture of the two of them sitting there plotting this for the insurance money/freedom or whatever BS reason they came up with to justify it to themselves. You know, other dishonest people in debt and desperate might sit and discuss burning down a house or staging a burglary for the insurance money but even the worst of financial fraudsters will draw the line at plotting the death of another human being not to mention their own child.

Indeed.

The fact that he used those words at all and that he used them in discussion with his wife is just hugely incriminating in my view. To me, that says she knew. That coupled with her immediately volunteering that Cooper must have been left in the car and the apparent lack of interest or true anguish from either parent is what made me feel they were both guilty.

SheltieMom1
I would love to hear your thoughts on the court proceedings and what your take from it was. IIRC you were going to go to court, I could be mistaken. TIA

Re: the choking. I feel that it is possible that RH saw Cooper struggling and choking at noon, and turned and walked away. I feel that he distanced himself from the death by saying, I didn't know he was dead, I just thought he was choking. This has been nagging at me for a while and it is my opinion.

I keep turning that lightbulb errand - lunch visit to car over and over in my head and I am more convinced then ever that the lightbulbs were an excuse to have his friends drop him near his car rather than the entrance to treehouse.

I think he was not expecting his friends to drive off so quickly and that he wanted to discover Cooper then - in front of them. When they were on cell phones, texting and drove off so quickly he aborted that plan, tossed the lighbulbs carelessly inside because another witness was coming. Not the witness he wanted so he chucked the bulbs into the passenger seat and closed the door quickly.

Then he went about rearranging his "plans" with his friends for the movie after work.

I would be very interested in knowing about what time of day the movie idea came up and who initially suggested it. Was it before or after lunch for instance? If after lunch did he suggest the after work plans? Because I suspect he did.

He told friends he would be a bit late but left the office early to purposely arrive early (per what he told LE)

I think he wanted friends to arrive at theatre expecting to arrive before him but in reality I think he wanted to arrive before them, lay in wait in some nearby lot watching for them, so that when they pulled in, he could select a spot near to them and then proceed to "discover" Cooper as they all exited their vehicles to go inside the theatre.

He did not count on the odor of the car. He pulled over at Maddio's Pizza when he could no longer take the stench.

He expected his friends to witness his grief, his friends to be onscene and be a buffer between him and any questions, he expected to be believed. When his big reveal did not go as planned RH had no clue how to get things back on track.

:cow:

I feel like it is relatively rare for a parent to kill their child in a premeditated fashion, where it is planned days, weeks, or months advance. I think that is another reason why people are so shocked by this case. RH did not go into a rage one day, he actually researched how to murder his child. And if Leanna is involved, that means they both talked about the plan together.
It's so bad to think about as it is. Add premeditation and weeks and months and it's ( fill in the blank with a word I do not know yet ) to think about. Did he/they continue to cuddle and read him bed time stories? Knowing next week he/they may kill him? Did he still get a bath and sing time and ' daddy time' for breakfast after he/they had made a decision to end his life?
There is something here like a sacrifice right? Connor was sacrificed so that he/they could live the life they think they were meant to have. The thing about ' Connor will not have to know the pain of losing his mom and dad' is a little bit .... almost like a mercy killing, right? Is that what he/they think and how they justified this? Saving him from all the horrors of life , skinned knees and broken bones and watching others die?
My kids are teens ( thank you Jesus, I made it :) ) and I cannot imagine telling them good night without the full expectation, faith, certainty, that they would be alive tomorrow . And to think about planning to end a child's life with your own hands,,,,,, So I guess I want to know a few things from teh daycare. Did Connor have clean clothes on that last week? Brushed teeth? Full tummy ? Washed behind the ears? Matching socks? How do you go through the motions of normal life knowing you're about to end normal life ? Why bother to put clean clothes on a baby you plan to kill?

I'm off for now. I feel a rant coming that makes my heart race so........ I think you get the point.

( to whoever called RH a douchebag above, thanks :) . .. we don't need a psyche degree to recognize one of those )

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0534685/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl anybody know how to find out if this air in syndication in their area recently?

The channels that show CSI reruns are:
Logo
USA
CBS

Logo shows the episodes in chronological order. They show two episodes (plus two from the previous day) every Mon-Thursday.
Tomorrow, they are showing episodes #126 and #125.
Hot car episode is #73.

I did the math and I got that it would air on May 27 at 10 AM EST and May 28 at 8 AM EST.

Maybe RH planned the reveal when he returned to his car at lunch but wasn't certain he was dead? Or Cooper WAS making choking sounds?

you rock eileenhawkeye. I suspected as much. And then the hot animal in car video by the vet was viewed twice, last time on June 5th if I remember. If the dates of those hot child death searches come up after the CSI episode aired it would be telling IMO.

As far as I'm concerned LH threw herself under the bus by her behavior at the funeral, her behavior at the hearing...chewing gum...I wanted to slap her!
JMO

I was surprised chewing gum was allowed in the courtroom. I have a chronic facial pain issue and chewing gum is one of the few things that temporarily helps it. It hasn't been fun the couple of times I've been in traffic court for hours without my precious Trident.

JMO

I was surprised chewing gum was allowed in the courtroom. I have a chronic facial pain issue and chewing gum is one of the few things that temporarily helps it. It hasn't been fun the couple of times I've been in traffic court for hours without my precious Trident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti