The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 7th July - Trial Day 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to tell alioop and Dr Watson how invaluable your knowledge has been during this trial.

Thank you both.

I couldn't agree more. Thank you both - it has made such a difference to have you both with us and being patient with all of our questions! I have really appreciated it - thank you.

Oh I think so! I go 5km/hour on the treadmill and that's brisk enough for me!

And again, it's obviously quite variable. 5km/hour would be a stroll for me, I wouldn't consider that brisk at all, but am aware that a lot of people would think that was quite fast. Racewalkers who average 14km/hour would think my pace is slow. Normal is relative.

Anyhoo time to go back to reading not posting, was just trying to offer my :twocents: given I walk every day and felt I could contribute somewhat to times it may have taken her (if she in fact walked there in the first place which I do not believe at all).

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 48s

None heard the car start. None heard anything #badenclay

Three children - unprompted, unscripted, unanimous - all agree that they heard nothing #Badenclay

Just because they didn't hear anything doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Whats that famous saying? "If a tree falls...."
Clutching at straws I think. IMO

Long time lurker here...

Its ludicrous to even suggest that Allison walked to Kholo Creek. It's a long way (even by car). Believe you me... I've driven it and sure as hell wouldn't be keen to (or able to) walk it even if I was delirious. It's a long lonely road. Even if you were intent on going there you would need a good torch and a compass at night. Speaks of grasping at straws.. big time. Possibly the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard said and I've heard a lot. Although, sort of pleased they went down this track ☺️ More fodda for our dear fox to deal with tomorrow.

Yes, GBC said they were on the bones of their arse, but then we heard him deny that they had financial issues. Business was doing OK. ??? Another contradiction to add to the rest.[/QUOTE

I knooow, Did he not call Fleggy desperately for monies etc? He continually jumps between the paddocks it seems. Cannot decide which one is greener (beneficial) until he is there! Wife lover wife lover (try others) girlfriend wife. Broke LTD (livin' the dream) broke LTD...etc Talk about duck and weave.

The timing of events according to GBC - from 7.00pm when Allison left the hairdresser until 7.15 am the next morning when GBC phoned 000 are just so disjointed.
IMO the timing coupled with a few missing pieces of key evidence will create reasonable doubt.
I am sure hoping so.

The defence seems to be hoping that the jury is made up of stupid people. Adultery and money are the oldest and most common motives for murder. Some of the stuff the defence lawyer has said is just outright preposterous...

I don't know if I would hire this lawyer to defend me...but I want to give him a bit of a break because defending GBC when he was adamant he had to take the stand would be a difficult task in some ways...

The timing of events according to GBC - from 7.00pm when Allison left the hairdresser until 7.15 am the next morning when GBC phoned 000 are just so disjointed.
IMO the timing coupled with a few missing pieces of key evidence will create reasonable doubt.
I am sure hoping so.

I don't think we want reasonable doubt created :(

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 1m
Byrne says Gerard, Allison and Nigel and Elaine, who'd been looking after children, discussed the birth and Allison went to bed. #badenclay

Byrne says the next day Allison had a hair appointment. #badenclay

Byrne says the hairdresser says Allison was "a bit stressed" when she sat down. #badenclay

Byrne says the hairdresser asked whether Allison was still sick. Allison says she was and it wasn't going away. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 58s
Byrne is discussing evidence given about sertraline, an antidepressant, which itself can cause anxiety. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 22s
Byrne is discussing Seratonin syndrome, where the body has to deal with a different amount of that chemical in the brain. #badenclay

No doubt raising the obvious, but if you are feeling a bit crook AND you have your hair done AND you have got something on your keen to go to in the morning....your very unlikely to want to go for a jaunt around the 'hood at night. Simplz

WOW, just home from work & lots to catch up on.............50 pages!! Can't believe the defence is still going.......:tantrum:

I am hanging out to see the prosecution in action...I hope they shoot down every ridiculous point the defence is making...

I knooow, Did he not call Fleggy desperately for monies etc? He continually jumps between the paddocks it seems. Cannot decide which one is greener (beneficial) until he is there! Wife lover wife lover (try others) girlfriend wife. Broke LTD (livin' the dream) broke LTD...etc Talk about duck and weave.
The grass IS always greener on the other side when you neglect to water your own.

Hello Sleuths
I find Byrne's address hugely misogynistic. He portrayed Allison as a disoriented undecisive lunatic. He could not be more ridiculous even if he tried.

Shame on you, Mr Byrne!

And again, it's obviously quite variable. 5km/hour would be a stroll for me, I wouldn't consider that brisk at all. But am aware that a lot of people would think that was quite fast. Normal is relative.

Anyhoo time to go back to reading not posting, was just trying to offer my :twocents: given I walk every day and felt I could contribute somewhat to times it may have taken her (if she in fact walked there in the first place which I do not believe at all).

I hope you didn't take my post the wrong way, I'm quite impressed by your speed! I'm short too so I guess my strides are not as long as someone who is taller. Please don't feel like you shouldn't post - you should! I was also pointing out the variability of it.

Sorry if I offended :)

Been thinking in the hard cold light of day. Or night.
This is how it went down, according to the defence.
Allison was awake late at night until after 1.30am
Allison thoughtfully put Gerard's phone on the charger. And also thoughtfully reached over his sleeping body gently, so as not to disturb him....

Now the really big bit.
Allison was thinking. THINKING, raw thoughts. Key word thinking.
(In case anyone missed it, that was it, Allison was thinking)

Allison decides to go for a walk, pops a Zoloft or two, maybe three, and SOMEHOW ends up under the Kholo bridge.
Her husband meanwhile sleeps on blissfully, and wakes at 06.00am.
Showers first (that sort of wakes up his skin), then shaves, then with a freshly awakened skin, he has a hell of a dreadful accident with a Gillette razor (forgets to sue Gillette)
Checks his emails whilst on the loo etc
And notices that Oh! Allison is missing... Must be missing, because don't think she is here.
Sets the table beautifully with cups and saucers ....

I am about spent with this "scenario."
Something doesn't sound right... Can't put my finger on it ......

I can understand how some view the legal profession, I really can.

However, it's just offensive to state that Byrne QC does it for the money and equate him with an alleged murderer. I can assure you, he could have been making a HECK of a lot more money being engaged in a matter other than this.

Also, the vast majority of lawyers at this level see it as a true vocation. As the saying goes, somebody's gotta do it. Otherwise, we'd be reading about GBC's Inquisition.

You certainly make a fair point Her Honour and I do agree that comparing GBC to Byrne in any way is ridiculous. We ALL work for the money, let's be honest. It's pretty hard to get by without it....

Some of the statements being made by Byrne just seem so preposterous but I get he is doing his job by trying to create some reasonable doubt to get his client off. I really, truly believe deep down that he is guilty though and do wonder how defence lawyers reconcile that within themselves? Knowing your client is most likely guilty, but having to fairly defend them so the case does not end up as a mistrial due to poor defence, etc. You'd just have to be good at switching yourself off to it but for me I would struggle. Especially if my defence assisted with my clients not guilty verdict and they go out and murder another person. It can't be the easiest job in the world...

I recall that before the phone was put on charger , somebody tried to make a video call to Nigel's number after midnight. That did not walk so an ordinary call was made. I wonder what happened to that piece of evidence.

Totally out there/ off track..but just have to say how your avatar/picture connected with me ..who is this lady? Is she connected with you or just an image? ...she just gave me a jolt :)

Two questions:

1. For the doctor/s in the house: my limited understanding of Seratonin Syndrome is that it's not a sudden onset thing, rather 'manifesting' over days, such that someone would notice?! With symptoms being more akin to physical agitation/mania rather than catatonia? Thoughts please?

2. Anemone, thanks for your eyewitness account. Are you able to elaborate on reports of groans from the gallery? Was that in Court 11 and if so, were you able to tell who was emitting them? Thanks Scraps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4