CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps the perp knew that Audrey rarely/never invited people into her house. So if there was a surprise visit by someone, the perp could just not answer the door.

In my scenario, the perp would have parked far away from the house so if someone arrived, they wouldn't think anyone was home and also think that Audrey was still unwell and was refusing to answer the door.

Did that make any sense?

:twocents:

I wonder if A's friiend said my buddy or brother is with me and is terrified of dogs whether Audrey would kennel them? Don't know.
<rsbm>

Given the dogs' reputation for nipping at heels, i'll bet if a gift was being delivered, someone might politely ask that the dogs be contained as their SO was afraid of them.

BUT why Audrey keep in captivity? Cleaning the dog area - makes sense. IF it was not our no. one, the perp had to have fear of suddenly visiting by no. one. IF it was no. one - why? - It would have been risky for everyone, no. one or not.

I don't think it would have been to keep Audrey captive (unless trying to get information from her .. passwords, account numbers, possibly IOU's or Promissory Notes). I think the days were for time to think, time to rifle through the house, stage the scene, come up with an alibi before Audrey's murder could be reported. I think the perp knew Audrey didn't normally have visitors, was comfortable with being seen coming/going from the home, and IF someone did happen to encounter them, the perp could just say they had just arrived and found Audrey. OR, the perp came and went at nighttime when conventional visitors would not normally visit, even at Christmas time.

Perhaps the perp knew that Audrey rarely/never invited people into her house. So if there was a surprise visit by someone, the perp could just not answer the door.

In my scenario, the perp would have parked far away from the house so if someone arrived, they wouldn't think anyone was home and also think that Audrey was still unwell and was refusing to answer the door.

Did that make any sense?

I think parking away from the house would have looked much more suspicious. I think the perp was brazen enough to drive right up to the house, believing their presence there would never be questioned.

Come to think of it, how was it ever verified that Audrey even had a regular handyman to the extent we have been led to believe? Has LV or anyone else ever made reference to having that prior knowledge?

I think parking away from the house would have looked much more suspicious. I think the perp was brazen enough to drive right up to the house, believing their presence there would never be questioned.
I only know of 2 cars, which wouldn't have attract attention, but 1 usually had parked behind the garage ...

I'm still interested in elucidation of who the man could be: pedestrian on Audrey's driveway with backpack or shoulderbag, perhaps on his way to unknown backroad and his car.

Yes, I'm torn between the notions of being brazen enough to come and go with the car in sight OR did the killer (from time to time on the dates 27th - 30th) park on a road less travelled. For example, in the cemetery behind Audrey's house? If the killer left Audrey dead inside the house, he/she could have left a back door open for him/her to enter from some sort of roadway less travelled.

That all said, I do think this killer is indeed very brazen. And obviously it worked. LE have not caught the killer yet!

Come to think of it, how was it ever verified that Audrey even had a regular handyman to the extent we have been led to believe? Has LV or anyone else ever made reference to having that prior knowledge?

GREAT question! Let's face it, most of what we think we know we learned from someone claiming to be the handyman who had access to Audrey's bedroom and bathroom and who knew for certain that Audrey didn't use any prescribed meds and her Camaro did not have the blue OnStar button. (The blue OnStar button had to be in that car! Trust me!)

Speaking of OnStar - I had to use my OnStar the other day and I forgot one thing to tell you guys here. OnStar also requires a private password for each car. My OnStar came on and asked me right away to "state the password for my vehicle". Sorry.....but I'd forgotten about the password part! :blushing:

But really, I think we only know about the handyman from the handyman.

I've been away from posting on this thread for a while but I read whenever I can. I had done some research a while back and unfortunately, I lost it on my other computer. Does anyone remember Audrey's full maiden name. The last name Doveiko? Or something similar&#8230;The first name, I can't remember at all! Do any of you remember???

Weren't there items from the home found in Audrey's backyard?

There were early reports that items were missing from the home and some of those items were found 'strewn?' around the property. Not much more, if anything, was ever reported on this again.

I recall a report of the 'strewn' items but that could have been just people tossing stuff aside in the cemetery and the items were carried to Audrey's backyard by the wind.

The one thing I do remember because I saw it on TV - a police officer picked up a blue-handled saw. But to my eyes, it looked more like a child's toy rather than a real working saw. The police officer found it in the roadway in front of Audrey's house. From what I could tell, it looked as though it might have been tossed from a passing car. I think it was near the road leading to Audrey's driveway.

It's hard to tell from the video footage but to me that saw looks more like some kind of small fine-toothed hacksaw,or even some type of manual pipe cutting tool/saw with an adjustable blade.

similar to this one?

Attachments

• 318Z8ZbiuBL._AA280_.jpg
    318Z8ZbiuBL._AA280_.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 165
Thanks Paragirl for the reminder about what the saw looked like. LE did bag and tag it so hopefully it helped them in some way.

Problem is - the killer is still running free! :thinking:

It's hard to tell from the video footage but to me that saw looks more like some kind of small fine-toothed hacksaw,or even some type of manual pipe cutting tool/saw with an adjustable blade.
Paragirl - Can you post the video again???

Re items missing/found in ground searches:

'There were items missing from Audrey&#8217;s house, but it has not been revealed what they are, Some of the items were found during the ground searches, detectives do not know for sure they are related to the homicide.'

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2182067-a-complicated-vicious-killing/

The saw is at 00:30:

http://www.chch.com/police-search-continues-for-audrey-gleaves-killer/

Bumping for the second link with video showing saw..thanks Paragirl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam