The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 8th July - Trial Day 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
My heart just broke a bit more for poor Allison after reading some of the comments in her diary. He was good to her when trying to get her to marry him but could care less shortly after. He had his prize :-(

bbm. Yeah, me too. :tears:

I really feel for her. She was so hard on herself - just as so many women are.

That makes me sad too.

IMO Fuller QC has a great deal more leeway in closing than he might otherwise have had, on account of GBC taking the stand, for all these matters have been put to GBC directly.

And the problem with that is.... GBC would have been advised by his legal team that the PT would have had the MOST power by speaking last. But STILL GBC chose that he needed to have his voice heard. What did we hear? Someone who lied incessantly, without any kind of pressure. Someone who wanted to perpertrate that lie rather than admit any truths.

So at the risk of going 3 posts in a row tonight. Let me say - there is a reason that the defence did not want GBC to testify and that is because NOW the Prosecution Team (PT) gets to go last. This has to be the MOST powerful component of the court case. Sure if they (PT) went second last it would not be as damming and the defence could minimize the damage done by the PT. And I believed this is simply because we would be waiting to hear the end of the case.

But Byrne's drivel appealing to the jury about how to judge whether it is 'beyond reasonable doubt' is so far from the task at hand. The task at hand involves looking at the evidence to weigh the intent of the crime. And the only thing that distracts you from doing this directly and openly is the belief that your client is guilty!

This I my opinion only. I have been lulled by Bryne into believing that Allison was struggling, yet on the other hand I hear that she was striving and eager to move forward to the future trying to achieve her fullest. Given Allison's past what would you believe? That she would slink into the backround and let GBC overpower her, or to take her demons at face value and try to develop a renewed intimacy and depth in her relationship.

BBM for emphasis....

this is truly the clearest demonstration of Gerards total inability to take advice.. he would have been told that, over and over again , he would have had to sign a contract that he was doing this against ALL advice given over and over again, but he couldn't resist it!.. he is the epitome of the own goal syndrome.. in his mind.. the mind that doesn't think he is in a relationship , he really believed, and probably still believes that he has done all that needs to be done, .. he probably feels a little handicapped by his own legal team , probably thinks he could teach them a thing or two..

it simply has me crying in disbelieving laughter even now, still..

My heart just broke a bit more for poor Allison after reading some of the comments in her diary. He was good to her when trying to get her to marry him but could care less shortly after. He had his prize :-(

I honestly can't help but compare her to Lady Diana. Birthday the same, loving mothers, betrayed by their husbands, had deep compassion for humanity, loved by the public who express both their joy and their sadness with flowers, flowers, and more flowers and both were led to their untimely deaths by either (allegedly) the husband or the lack of care and support of the husband, leading her into danger. And I think of Harry with his little card on the coffin that said "Mummy" and my heart goes out to Allison's 3 little girls.

bbm. Yeah, me too. :tears:

I really feel for her. She was so hard on herself - just as so many women are.

That makes me sad too.

Particularly the part - "why can't my partner (husband) love me and make love to me" :tears:

Still reading through to catch up but seriously, Fuller... :loveyou:

Awesome!!

Love the methodical way he was going through everything. He's so analytical you can tell and smart. Tight arguments.
Saying and pointing out everything could think of and some more.

Freaking fantastic!

I need a cigarette. And I don't even smoke. I was almost screaming out his name a few times "oh Todd, yes, yes, that's it". I think i need a little bit of a lie down now.

Quotes of the day (all from TF of course)
TF: “Do you know someone who’s good at covering their tracks?”
TF [with reference to GBC’s “s&%#, shower and shave” sequence]: “I ask you ladies and gentlemen, if you have to do the same two things, is it any quicker to do them in the reverse order?”
TF [of TMcH]: “she fell for the GBC product, and fell hard”
TF [speaking to the fact that GBC was still in a relationship with TMcH after Allison went missing]: “Of all the problems he had in the world, he wanted to meet with TMcH to explain himself”

All the superlatives about TF are completely warranted! He’s masterful, outstanding, clever and wry – and that’s just for starters. I love his Australian accent too!

And the way he adds some little flourishes here and there – like “business as usual”; after talking about GBC’s scratches, just quickly adding “the one on his neck for the caterpillar bite”.

Of particular interest I thought was a comment he made about GBC and TMcH “… every day at work under the watchful eye of his father”. I wondered, could this be a subtle message to someone???

An awkward moment
Finding myself unexpectedly face-to-face with NBC and EBC as they were stepping out of the lift I was stepping into. They seemed to be wearing a brave “business as usual” face. I couldn’t help but wonder what was going on beneath that …

There is so much sadness in this story at so many levels. Sometimes it's the little things too ... like hearing today that Allison's parents had sent a congratulatory note to GBC's brother and wife following the birth of their baby boy ... a happy occasion to be marked, a new cousin for the girls ... little knowing that very soon the notion of family life would be turned upside down.

I'm glad I missed yesterday's proceedings.

'Fuller says he instead reverses the Captiva out. The roads he takes are the perimeter of where police later triangulate her phone.'

Toddy boy... * smooch*

LOOKS LIKE TROOPER HAS DECLARED DIBS :happydance:

I need a cigarette. And I don't even smoke. I was almost screaming out his name a few times "oh Todd, yes, yes, that's it". I think i need a little bit of a lie down now.

:silly:

I have to say that we didn't have amazing expectations in this court case- we just needed someone to be Allison's voice. Someone who could portray her point of view and I have to say THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT TODD FULLER is DOING!

Sure he knows Allison didn't off herself, she was clearly able to seek help when she felt she needed assistance. There was 10 or more years of proof of that. But what Todd Fuller has suggested that it is SO much clearer than that. He has eliminated every situation because the police have been able to provide him with evidence to collaborate these facts. And so we then we examine those close to the family and those who could have motive and angst to attack Allison. GBC NBC EBC, OBW etc they had accepted that GBC was much happier in a relationship with Toni and didn't need Allison around to make him happy. They could be a big happy family without Allison.

I have to say that we didn't have amazing expectations - we just needed someone to be her voice. Someone who could portray her point of view and I have to say THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT TODD FULLER is DOING!

Sure he knows Allison didn't off herself, she was clearly able to seek help when she felt she needed assistance. There was 10 or more years of proof of that. But what Todd Fuller has suggested that it is SO much clearer than that. He has eliminated every situation because the police have been able to provide him with evidence to collaborate these facts. And so e then we examine those close to the family and those who could have motive and angst to attack Allison. GBC NBC EBC, OBW etc they had accepted that GBC was much happier in a relationship with Toni and didn't need Allison around to make him happy. They could be a big happy family without Allison.

So happy with your thoughts on Fuller- he is the man of the moment :)

Very sad isn't it - Allison was so disposable to them. If only they knew how the public perceived them.

<modsnip>

Wouldn't it be awesome, once a verdict/sentence has been given, for Kate or David to compile a story on the local WS'ers? They could be invited to the catch up organised at Indro Maccas, Eiffel Tower, Pie Face, etc

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Well the mood around here is a little different to this time yesterday. Ye of little faith some people! I knew today would be very different and it was amazing.

What do we think is left for spunky Todd to cover tomorrow? Thought we could make a bit of a list. I don't mean roundabouts, I mean stuff that has been presented as evidence.

Police photograph of marks on Gerard Baden-Clay's face. Photo: Court Exhibit

gbcface-620x349.jpg

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-5-week-2-20140617-3a9wj.html#ixzz34sbOa31k
Ok..so just put my hands up to do a fake scratch..compare the pattern...didn't fit... The did a completely random mental projection exercise..."OMG I'm fighting for my life",lashing out pattern...and was AMAZED to see how my fingers landed in exactly the same shape that corresponded to this photo!
Just "wow"...

'Fuller says he instead reverses the Captiva out. The roads he takes are the perimeter of where police later triangulate her phone.'

Toddy boy... * smooch*

I don't know if anyone else has said this, but I think Todd is suggesting that GBC disposed of Allison's phone on his trip to "look for her" . The roads he said he drove on just happen to be the perimeters of the area that the police triangulated her phone to until the battery died and this may not be a co incidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr