The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 8th July - Trial Day 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were we ever told what time it was, and where Gerard was going to be doing the ironing? Seems an odd combination, pyjamas and shoes, did any of the daughters see Allison alive after this time?

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m
Fuller asks what level of detail he had when describing his conversations with Toni.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Where he was when Lady Diana died - Fuller

:rolleyes:
Yeah!! Has he been reading the forum? He hasn't missed a beat!

"To conduct an affair in an office where his father was working. And not for the first time. Let's go back to Michelle Hammond - the woman who worked at the agency next door. Not only his father worked with him at that time, but his mother. That shows you the level of deception.'

ha.. I'm not taking this as Nigelaine being deceived... I'm taking it as Nigelaine co-operating in the deception.. and while I'm at it, and because I never claimed to be Mother Theresa, not being a nice person and being a person soaked in cynicism, it must be excoriating agony for Nige and Elaine and Olivia to sit thru this , also.. bringing Gerard into sharp and ruthless focus and also their production of the Life of Gerard.. .. not a pleasant picture.
RBBM

I'd say that's precisely why so many folks around here adore you. There's much to be said for keepin' it real. ;)

I think that Mr Fuller is messing with GerReds head. The subtle mentioning of the pj's and the phone. These are probably things that only the killer would know about. I'll bet that more references will be made tomorrow that mean nothing to us but a mighty lot to GerRed.

I'm leaning more towards not premeditated. I think perhaps he snapped and thought he'd give it a go and was surprised how quickly Allison died. He wasn't prepared. I think he possibly started smothering her and thought if it was too noisy and likely to wake the girls he would stop. It all happened so fast though.

I actually asked my brother about this (he is a QPS cop) - why the sudden escalation in the case - CIB pretty much straight away etc..? He said it is an indicator that the cops were suspicious straight away probably of either GBC's demeanour, or the scratches, or both.

M (and my bro's) OO

I thought too from the 000 phone call - alarm bells with what he was saying

She was happy that he had engaged in the process, you might think she had been trying for a long time for him to confront his demons and have a serious conversation,” he said.

Mr Fuller said it put into context the list and “sordid detail” Ms Baden-Clay had written down in her journal on April 18, 2012.

“He was resistant to the concept of it. Now why is that, ladies and gentlemen? He doesn’t want to confront those demons? Or does he not want to have to think about the times that he might of thought were happier in his life, when he was with Toni McHugh? Being asked to relive each of those?,” he said.

The trial will continue tomorrow from 10am.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226980999956

Or he had already decided that the solution was murder and he did not want to engage in something that was pointless because he knew there was no future with Alison in it, just going through the motions until the time was right.

I don't think the triangulation they are talking about has anything to do with the find my phone app blue dot.

Triangulation is what the Find my Phone app does. That is what it is called....

Triangulation is the mathematical process of finding a point based on angles.

See - MATHS again! LOL

Have been following websleuths very closely for a couple of years now and want to say thank you for your great insights. I have been to court religiously the last couple of weeks (have taken on another full-time role). I have never been so completely entranced in a case before. I have met some lovely people in the court who travel from Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, Bribie Island etc. Dedicated followers of this case to see that justice prevails. Think Todd Fuller is absolutely amazing!! Today Fuller succeeded in making me feel so much more angered, agitated and completely sick to the stomach on what this grub has done this to ABC. Listening to him go through her intimate journal entries I had tears rolling down my face and I even noticed Judge Byrne take his glasses off (as I was bawling) and wipe his eyes....similar to what Gerbil had done on and off the stand ( I wonder if he was indirectly saying something). Sat directly behind Gerry some days and felt my heart jumping out of my chest as this low life was so arrogant. I am now finding myself becoming obsessed with what his new life in jail will be like?? Does anyone know? I hope it's dark, lifeless, very very cold and lonely....like he made ABC feel.

Triangulation is what the Find my Phone app does. That is what it is called....

Triangulation is the mathematical process of finding a point based on angles.

See - MATHS again! LOL

Actually this is not true.

The app uses GPS within the phone.

Triangulation uses the phones pings with cell towers nearby.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2404494,00.asp

HTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have been following websleuths very closely for a couple of years now and want to say thank you for your great insights. I have been to court religiously the last couple of weeks (have taken on another full-time role). I have never been so completely entranced in a case before. I have met some lovely people in the court who travel from Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, Bribie Island etc. Dedicated followers of this case to see that justice prevails. Think Todd Fuller is absolutely amazing!! Today he made me feel so much more angered, agitated and completely sick to the stomach that this grub has done this to ABC. Her journal entries today had tear rolling down my face and I even noticed Judge Byrne take his glasses off (as I was bawling) and wipe his eyes....similar to what Gerbil had done on and off the stand. Sat directly behind him some days and felt my heart jumping out of my chest as this low life was so arrogant. I am now finding myself becoming obsessed with what his new life in jail will be like?? Does anyone know? I hope it's dark, lifeless and very very cold and lonely....like he made ABC feel.

I have always been upset by the fact that he left her there In that cold damp place

Actually this is not true.

The app uses GPS within the phone.

Triangulation uses the phones pings with cell towers nearby.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2404494,00.asp

HTH

YES and as a mathematician I can tell you that the programming for the find my phone app is BASED on triangulation.

That is the mathematics behind the PC MAG article you googled.

The PC MAG article is not going to go in the Mathematics of what triangulation is. Pinging off of towers IS finding a point based on angles and it can use GPS as well. By the find my phone app uses the mathematics of angles and pinging angles off of towers to locate a point to find exact location AFTER using GPS to find your region.

In layman's terms - it uses BOTH methods but the term triangulation was queried - that's all. :)

Sorry if already discussed today but just logged on.

Did I read earlier today the GBC was leaning back in his chair at some stage and was taking notes of Fuller's beautiful closing remarks? I haven't heard of him doing any of this during the trial. Either way, it is a bit late now to be taking notes isn't it? The bailiff should turn around and tell him not to waste his time, he will have 30 years to read the full transcript that is being produced by the court stenographer.

Notes for his appeal no doubt... GAH!

YES and as a mathematician I can tell you that the programming for the find my phone app is BASED on triangulation.

That is the mathematics behind the PC MAG article you googled.

The PC MAG article is not going to go in the Mathematics of what triangulation is. Pinging off of towers IS finding a point based on angles.

I'm not disputing that a triangulation method is used.

They are communicating with different things to triangulate.

The police are using cell towers the app isn't.

:)

Well said Thinking and I totally agree. I suggested last year some time that Allison probably came home and dressed in her comfy clothes that doubled as pj's. One of the girls said that Allison was wearing her pyjamas but didn't describe the colour etc. GBC seized on this and embellished it all, as he's want to do. He fell flat on his face with that one too. :jail:

Thanks Makara - completely agree.

I have been meaning to ask - is there any chance you could post the beautiful picture you created of Allison's daughters (three ballerinas with sunflowers) back in 2012? Such a beautiful and touching picture and I'm not sure how to find it myself. Would you mind sharing it again? xx

I agree that Fuller put on a consumate performance today and was very logical with his arguments. And thanks for the constact updates during the day. I am interested in the Judges summing up for the jury. My niggling doubt about reasonable doubt is subsiding but is still there. The main concern is how Alison was murdered. All the evidence seems to point she was smothered, probably in her bed. But I don't believe the air conditioners were on in April or that sound is hard to hear in a weatherboard house. Baby monitors can pick up when a baby is just starting to wake etc. but would GBC really risk the likely screams if he tried to smother Alison with all 3 daughters in then house? That is my dilemma.
I also find him a very, very unsavoury character (quite a <modsnip> in fact) but the history of the 19th has GBC an involved father. He went to the girls cross country and to a parent teacher interview and attended a BBQ with them that day at his parents. One of the daughters described seeing him in pyjamas and shoes and said he was going to do the ironing. It appears that she did not think it was unusual that he was going to do the ironing. And I don't think it was disputed he made the lunches before sending the girls to school on the 20th. It does not ring 100% true in the middle of all this he murdered their mother and that the murder was pre-meditated.

And I also believe GBC is his own worst enemy. If he had not lied and embellished his history, some of his evidence may have given a better impression.

HGL.
Exactly, precisely and in full detail, how Allison was murdered is irrelevant.
The irrefutable fact is that Allison was murdered. By someone.
We will never ever probably learn the full details. That too is irrelevant in the overall scheme of things.
Allison has left this mortal life and moved on.
The nitty gritty of Gerard's lies and inconsistencies are irrelevant. All that belongs to him.
He can take all his lies, inconsistencies, crap/barnacles, or general confabulation along with him.
He can mull over all this to himself with no audience for the next 25 years or so.
The end result is the same.
Allison June Dickie Baden Clay is deceased.
Gerald Baden Clay will have to to live with fact for as long as he lives.

I have more to add to this, in regards to the innocents involved;
but that is another matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members