The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 8th July - Trial Day 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my, Doctor, what are you suggesting?

[Ladies (gents?) considering the old 'knickers in the mail' bit: please be aware that his chambers are located within the offices of the DPP and accordingly, his mail is screened. Trust me when I say that you do NOT want the pimply mail clerk handling your smalls.]

It would be quite uncalled for to send underwear in the mail - and said items would probably be forensically tested, and your DNA found. Best keep it to boxes of chocolates and bunches of sunflowers.

It would be quite uncalled for to send underwear in the mail - and said items would probably be forensically tested, and your DNA found. Best keep it to boxes of chocolates and bunches of sunflowers.

Or toy foxes

That was my interpretation too.

Also, I didn't quite follow (and think I missed something) in relation to what TF said today about the clothes Allison was wearing, and it seems no further mention of the pyjamas. Would be interested to hear what others made of today's comments about the clothes.
I can't help wondering about the clothes. Size 12 singlet and XXL pants? A friend of mine saw her walk past her house every morning and siad that she was slim and wore form fitting clothes to walk in. Surely XXL pants would fall right off?

I thought the police triangulation was a completely separate effort to locate the phone - nothing to do with the find my friends app.

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I think you correct

I can't help wondering about the clothes. Size 12 singlet and XXL pants? A friend of mine saw her walk past her house every morning and siad that she was slim and wore form fitting clothes to walk in. Surely XXL pants would fall right off?
Other locals say they never saw her, she was known to be reluctant to exercise as came out today..... is your friend mistaken?

IMO, this trial's also highlighted some really pervasive and just plain wrong assumptions about 'mental illness', e.g. that:

1. Anxiety = depression
2. Depression = chronic, thoroughly debilitating, condition into which sufferer has no insight and over which sufferer can have no control
3. Depression presenting in any context including children = postnatal depression
4. Anxiety + depression = suicide.

All absolutes and just so far off the mark. My take on her TREATING doctors' evidence was that Allison was more on the anxiety end of the spectrum, evidenced by occasional panic attacks, agitation and her score on assessment. Absolutely related, but not the same as depression.

I've said before that it's so distasteful that Allison's private world has had to be blown right open for all the world to see, but hopefully a tiny bit of good can come from that, in that anyone needing to know that they are not alone will see her very human responses to immense stressors as quite predictable, normal and unfortunately, a common side effect of complex, modern, STRESSFUL life. That's even before you add in her additional loads to bear, which were MANY and VARIED. Frankly, I am amazed Allison could get out of bed every day, let alone do any of the things it's been proven she did with verve and grace.

To those understandably feeling that the victim has been further violated and vilified, just you wait. The portrait the prosecution will paint and perhaps even the Judge's remarks may go some way to redressing the balance. Hang in there, not long to go now.

Thank you for this thoughtful and reassuring post Her Honour. Just as you said, the prosecution has redressed the balance IMO. Appreciated.

Other locals say they never saw her, she was to be reluctant to exercise as came out today..... is your friend mistaken?

Yes I was one of those locals that walked her route past the rest home and never saw her :)

Was she Boscombe Rd/ School area? As a lady matching Allison's description came forward to dispel the sightings.

" The court also heard from a woman who came forward to police to identify herself as a walker someone had spotted near Brookfield on the day Allison was reported missing.

Christine Skrzeczynski said she come forward to police after reading a story in the media about Baden-Clay's earlier bail hearing.

She said she read that a witness had reported a woman walking down Boscombe Rd in Brookfield. "

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/doctors-tell-baden-clays-scratch-explanations/1797568/

Other locals say they never saw her, she was known to be reluctant to exercise as came out today..... is your friend mistaken?

It's a possibility, I guess - but she does live very close. She used to go past at about 7am, I think (if, as you say, it was her).

It's a possibility, I guess - but she does live very close. She used to go past at about 7am, I think (if, as you say, it was her).
I agree. Size 12 top with XXL pants is huge discrepancy....even if lounging around home

Caught up in his own web of lies, GERARD Baden-Clay murdered his wife “efficiently and effectively’’ and thought he could get away with it, the Crown says

July 09, 2014

Gerard Baden-Clay murdered his wife “efficiently and effectively’’ and thought he could get away with it, the Crown says.

In a closing argument at times fierce and mocking, Crown prosecutor Todd Fuller yesterday told a jury of the evidence he said proved beyond reasonable doubt Baden-Clay murdered his wife Allison.

The injuries on his face, his wife’s blood in their car and the leaves entwined in her hair told the story of her death, Mr Fuller said.

“She was overpowered quickly and unable to resist. That’s why he was so confident about the police searching his house,’’ Mr Fuller said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226982264933

We may never find out - but I would so like to know what brought police to the home so quickly that morning. Realistically, would calling police to say your partner was half an hour or so late returning from a walk bring them to the home almost immediately? No, I wouldn't think so. I know this has been discussed at length - and is hardly relevant at this point - BUT the question of what brought the police there so quickly is one that keeps coming back to me.

Perhaps it's as simple as a police car was not far and not busy at the time. When I listen to the 000 call it sounds odd and suspicious too. So very glad QPS did turn up quickly and no doubt the scratches meant everything ramped up quickly after that.

I agree. Size 12 top with XXL pants is huge discrepancy....even if lounging around home

I was under the impression that the pants were the short-legged capri style - and therefore potentially tight/stretchy fabric, as opposed to the more relaxed full-length track suit-style?
If so, I think XXL is entirely feasible for someone with a size 12 top and maybe 14 bum. Remembering that many of these sizes are imports from countries where a size 12-14 is 'large'. Lorna Jane size XXL for instance would be close to a standard Aussie 14-16?

MOO

Perhaps it's as simple as a police car was not far and not busy at the time. When I listen to the 000 call it sounds odd and suspicious too. So very glad QPS did turn up quickly and no doubt the scratches meant everything ramped up quickly after that.

What is not said in that call is as much of a red flag as what is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4