The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 8th July - Trial Day 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know that I'd place too much importance on attending the cross country and parent teacher interview... Probably just an opportunity for him to 'network' eg. Hand out business cards etc.

Exactly Timmy, that's the main reason real estate agencies get involved with charities, parents and social activities. All for the sake of being seen and recognised as the good guys.

Oh my, Doctor, what are you suggesting?

[Ladies (gents?) considering the old 'knickers in the mail' bit: please be aware that his chambers are located within the offices of the DPP and accordingly, his mail is screened. Trust me when I say that you do NOT want the pimply mail clerk handling your smalls.]

lol HH you are very naughty!! I have a sleeping household here and have probably now woken them all up from my sudden burst of laughter! Stop it!

ETA: I might add I am also still recovering from the Robert Palmer/KD Lang shots earlier today too!

So when TF mentions that allison didn't jump as she didn't have the considerable injuries that would eventuate, would not she have injuries if she was rolled off the ledge? Is there much of a difference in height? Why would she not actually have any injuries from that fall.

Is it the theory that doc Watson put forward where when bodies are incapacitated (drunks, unconscious, dead) you don't fall as hard? But surely there's be something to indicate such a fall? Can anyone comment on the size differential on a drop from the ledge vs a drop from bridge?

Were we ever told what time it was, and where Gerard was going to be doing the ironing? Seems an odd combination, pyjamas and shoes, did any of the daughters see Allison alive after this time?

One of the girls got up to get some water. Whenever I had a dinner party or the like, my children would always use that excuse to come out to have a look at what was happening. They might have been thirsty after the cross country but any mum might know what I mean. If that's the case maybe she heard noises and wanted to see.

We may never find out - but I would so like to know what brought police to the home so quickly that morning. Realistically, would calling police to say your partner was half an hour or so late returning from a walk bring them to the home almost immediately? No, I wouldn't think so. I know this has been discussed at length - and is hardly relevant at this point - BUT the question of what brought the police there so quickly is one that keeps coming back to me.

I think it was just a quiet Friday early morning in the Indooroopily police area and they were able to have Constable Ash there in about 45 mins. I really don't think it was anything more than that.

I'm not going to post anything here in case I get in trouble for inappropriate sleuthing...

But it is very easy to find contact details of various lawyers if you just do a quick google search e.g. Todd Fuller Barrister.
I wonder what would happen if the fan club/ cheer squad/ crowd of screaming hormonal groupies (just kidding, don't flame me!!) inundated Mr Fuller QC with heartfelt expressions of appreciation and other fan mail.

After the verdict, of course.

Now now, we may have big crushes on Todd, but we are not crazed stalkers! Well not me anyway. Can't speak for others.

He suggested that what she was found in could have been what she was wearing that night. Because one if the girls mentioned seeing her in a jumper and pajama pants (which can be anything you wear to bed and not specifically true pj pants I guess) and she was found in a jumper. Todd said what she was found in wasn't her normal walking outfit.

I now accept that the checked pyjama pants were a red herring by GBC to suggest she must have changed out of them into her walking clothes. But then there weren't any checked pyjamas to be found. That's what Todd was getting across when he cross examined him and showed him the photo. No checked pyjamas to be seen.

The movie...and the books...lol.

Sadly, I think a similar story to his has been told endless times...just the names have changed.

Jennifer Ramsaran case comes straight to mind. US case...trial starts in September

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Dec-2012-13-*TRIAL-9-2-14*&highlight=ramsaran

Yes, lots of similarities with Jennifer and Allison's murders. The only big difference is that Jennifer's husband gave lots of interviews and loved the media attention prior to his arrest.

I think it was just a quiet Friday early morning in the Indooroopily police area and they were able to have Constable Ash there in about 45 mins. I really don't think it was anything more than that.

Now now, we may have big crushes on Todd, but we are not crazed stalkers! Well not me anyway. Can't speak for others.

I now accept that the checked pyjama pants were a red herring by GBC to suggest she must have changed out of them into her walking clothes. But then there weren't any checked pyjamas to be found. That's what Todd was getting across when he cross examined him and showed him the photo. No checked pyjamas to be seen.

Yes, lots of similarities with Jennifer and Allison's murders. The only big difference is that the husband gave lots of interviews and loved the media attention prior to his arrest.
Ohh yes... i was still of the mind that the pjs were missing but can see how it could be that GBC had made it up. I wonder if they established that in interview with the eldest daughter.....she would know what pjs her mum wore/had.

So when TF mentions that allison didn't jump as she didn't have the considerable images that would eventuate, would not she have injuries if she was rolled off the ledge? Is there much of a difference in height? Why would she not actually have any injuries from that fall.

Is it the theory that doc Watson put forward where when bodies are incapacitated (drunks, unconscious, dead) you don't fall as hard? But surely there's be something to indicate such a fall? Can anyone comment on the size differential on a drop from the ledge vs a drop from bridge?

I think it has if you jump alive your body braces for impact tensing everything up leading to breaks. While drunk, unconscious/ dead you are already obviously relaxed etc meaning you don't tense up?

I think it has if you jump alive your body braces for impact tensing everything up leading to breaks. While drunk, unconscious/ dead you are already obviously relaxed etc meaning you don't tense up?

Yeah that's the theory I was getting at. But I still would have thought there'd be some noticeable damage. I guess sadly we will never know exactly how she got there.

Yeah that's the theory I was getting at. But I still would have thought there'd be some noticeable damage. I guess sadly we will never know.

I can tell you from personal experience I fell 15 feet with no damage. I fell from a tree and remember my gymnastics teacher telling me if I ever fell to relax myself. Best advice ever.

Agree KJ; from the photos it looked like the concrete ledge was approx 1-2 m up from ground so pushing a lifeless body off the edge would incur a lot less impact damage than chucking it over the bridge edge say 20m further up. Also the concrete ledge push led to Allison's body coming to rest under the bridge, whereas a drop from further up would more likely have resulted in a final position out from the bridge. MOO

Maybe it was the other way around. She went to bed and he stayed up watching the footy show till she was asleep....and then he did it.....

JK I believe you have hit nail on proverbial head. What is it they say about the best lies being closest to the truth?

So when TF mentions that allison didn't jump as she didn't have the considerable injuries that would eventuate, would not she have injuries if she was rolled off the ledge? Is there much of a difference in height? Why would she not actually have any injuries from that fall.

Big difference in height. This is just my very rough guess and someone may have better measurements but I think the ledge is about 1.5m to 2 meters and bridge maybe more than 10 meters. If you look at the photos of the bridge you will a good idea of the difference in the heights.

Would Allison be the Footy Show avid watcher ???

I am surprised the defence didn't suggest that watching The Footy Show could have been a trigger for suicide. More likely than the birth of a beautiful little boy!

I think I will go tomorrow morning too. WHat is best time to get there?
I'm also thinking of going tomorrow, just seeing if I can take the time from work. I thought they'd be done today, and I wouldn't get the chance.

The A)triangulation of the phone's position, and the
B)search for the phone using the app are two distinctly different processes IMO.

Process B was attempted from early'ish in the day by responding officers using GBC's phone.
Process A occurred later in the day using other network based technology

Could be wrong, but that's how I understood it.

Thanks, I agree :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member