The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 9th July - Trial Day 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall the judge asking the jury if they can deliberate Monday to Friday, and I presume they were in agreement. I think they will start at about 9am each day.
So they should get started tomorrow after the judge has finished summing up the closing addresses.
How long do you think the jury will take to deliberate ?

From above link...

Queensland

Jurors receive $113 a day, or $565 a week, up to 19 days. From day 20 onwards, jurors receive $150.75 a day, or $753.75 a week.

Public transport costs will be covered by the court and you will get a meal allowance if you break for lunch.

Queensland employers have to make up the difference in pay for the whole period of jury service.

Aha - a financial incentive to try to get them to wind up by day 20.

Today is day 17, isn't it?

I don't think there was anything irrational about Gerard's relentless lying.. it had purpose, it achieved the effect required, it was carefully done, it wasn't impulsive lying.. or compulsive.. every lie was firmly attached to a particular outcome.. repeating the lie was necessary to maintain the façade, and all had the same pattern, and at the base of it, the same intended outcome. To appear better than he was , in all and ever circumstance.. whether it was money, women, business, probably Rotary, Scouts, what he had for breakfast.. all had the same intent.

One thing is for sure, he was a smooth operator who fooled many people.

How do you propose it happened? How did it get back there, in a near-new car?

You rip a fingernail or hurt your finger and blood does not stream out. It oozes, unless it's a serious wound. There is no evidence that Allison ever injured herself in the 8 weeks they'd owned that car, let alone inside the car itself.

If she had a nosebleed, for example, her face would need to be up against there way in the back of the car. Highly unlikely.

How many times has anyone here ever injured themselves in their car to a point where they've left blood stains in it? Never happened to me. Curious if it's ever happened to anyone else here.

Really, if Gerard didn't do it, he us absolutely the unluckiest man in the world to have all these circumstances which point to guilt.
I agree the stand out word from the judge for me this afternoon was 'rivulet'. He would not have used that lightly

Hi Alioop. Can I ask a silly question...... Can the defence help the accused to make up their defence or does it have to come from what the accused tells them is true and they just help to gather the evidence to support that story.... Just wondered from an ethical point of view , what they could and couldn't do in terms of helping them fashion their defence. Hope that makes sense!

Thank you Freya, will they sit on Friday, or do they ll go away and come back on Monday? I am finding some of these rules quite ridiculous. They don't sit on a Friday, they start at 10am, have a long lunch break and finish just before 4pm.

No matter what we think of GBC, we are talking about a decision on the rest of a mans life, surely once it has got to this stage, that decision should be given every chance to be decided and delivered as quickly as possible

Allison doesn't have a life anymore...no sympathy...he deserves everything he gets

What does jury duty pay in NSW, QLD, WA, VIC, ACT, NT, TAS and SA?

June 12, 2014

GETTING summonsed for jury duty is a mixed bag. Some people relish the idea of taking part in getting to know the ins and outs of the justice system and being able to serve the community. Or maybe you’ve always wanted to live out the “order” part of that Law & Order episode.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/mone...ct-nt-tas-and-sa/story-e6frfmcr-1226951654267

excellent...thankyou for that:loveyou:

They are not going to deliberate on weekends either, not sure if that was noted here this morning.

So there possibly could be a verdict by Friday evening. MOO

How do you propose it happened? How did it get back there, in a near-new car?

You rip a fingernail or hurt your finger and blood does not stream out. It oozes, unless it's a serious wound. There is no evidence that Allison ever injured herself in the 8 weeks they'd owned that car, let alone inside the car itself.

If she had a nosebleed, for example, her face would need to be up against there way in the back of the car. Highly unlikely.

How many times has anyone here ever injured themselves in their car to a point where they've left blood stains in it? Never happened to me. Curious if it's ever happened to anyone else here.

Really, if Gerard didn't do it, he us absolutely the unluckiest man in the world to have all these circumstances which point to guilt.

I couldn't tell you how it got there, if I could I'd be either the prosecution or defence star witness :)

I have cut myself in my car in the before (long story!) but it's not necessary for the cut to have been inflicted by something in the car. She could have cut herself on anything outside the car and transferred it to the interior, it could even have been a sharp edge on the metal immediately adjacent to to the stain. It's in an area where it's not at all unlikely that she would have come into contact while assisting a child in the back seat for instance (other possible reasons, but you get where I am going I am sure).

We will know in the coming days whether the jury has an issue with it. Personally I do have an issue with it, but 12 other people are perfectly capable of coming to an entirely different conclusion and well, let's hope so for the sake of Allison and her family. While I try to remain completely objective, a large part of my working life (as a non verified expert of course) has been dedicated to exploring alternate, and sometimes even unlikely scenarios so I hope you can understand my ingrained perspective may alter from the majority at times (and again, let's hope this is the case).

no.. Based on the evidence given in court.. not a shadow of a doubt.

I have often felt like Madame De Farge.... you all know who Thérèse Defarge is, a character from Dickens' Tale of Two Cities... she sits on her comfy stool near the guillotine in the time of the French Revolution, happily knitting away as the heads roll off the blade.. that's me. Because I do think he murdered Alison, he'd had murder on his mind for sometime.. murder with profit.. the profit was the motivator for the murder. The thought and the realisation that the insurance was his only source of relief.. all other avenues had been shut off.

It takes about 4 to 5 minutes to strangle someone.. . plenty of time to rethink the situation thru. . an opportunistic murder?? yes... but it was there in his mind. He may not have called it that, but he was a practiced deceiver of himself most of all. His deceptive ways with others was merely the by-product..

so count me IN.. guilty.

I wouldn't have guessed ;)

sorry....McDonald's boycotter here...that sight just makes me feel...:puke::puke::puke:

Not a fan myself. But I do appreciate the sentiment by Marly.. I'll just have sushi or something instead..maybe Pizza? Thanks Marls

I couldn't tell you how it got there, if I could I'd be either the prosecution or defence star witness :)

I have cut myself in my car in the before (long story!) but it's not necessary for the cut to have been inflicted by something in the car. She could have cut herself on anything outside the car and transferred it to the interior, it could even have been a sharp edge on the metal immediately adjacent to to the stain. It's in an area where it's not at all unlikely that she would have come into contact while assisting a child in the back seat for instance (other possible reasons, but you get where I am going I am sure).

We will know in the coming days whether the jury has an issue with it. Personally I do have an issue with it, but 12 other people are perfectly capable of coming to an entirely different conclusion and well, let's hope so for the sake of Allison and her family. While I try to main completely objective, a large part of my working life (as a non verified expert of course) has been dedicated to exploring alternate, and sometimes even unlikely scenarios so I hope you can understand my ingrained perspective may alter from the majority at times (and again, let's hope this is the case).

I don't have your same life experience but I also don't think the blood proves anything.

I am puzzled by blood transfer but no plant matter.

And I am well and truly in the minority. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Freya, will they sit on Friday, or do they ll go away and come back on Monday? I am finding some of these rules quite ridiculous. They don't sit on a Friday, they start at 10am, have a long lunch break and finish just before 4pm.

No matter what we think of GBC, we are talking about a decision on the rest of a mans life, surely once it has got to this stage, that decision should be given every chance to be decided and delivered as quickly as possible
The judge was hard to hear at that point but I think he said they would deliberate on Fridays. I think they are staring earlier in the day.

Not a fan myself. But I do appreciate the sentiment by Marly.. I'll just have sushi or something instead..maybe Pizza? Thanks Marls

Oh yum, WS sushi train get together!

The judge was hard to hear at that point but I think he said they would deliberate on Fridays. I think they are staring earlier in the day.

Yes I believe that to be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member