The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 10th July - Trial Day 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 3m
Judge: the defence told court #badenclay never attempted to conceal marks on his face, even to police. @7NewsBrisbane

Except for the bandaid and attempts to cut it more with a razor....

And growing a beard.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 38s
Justice Byrne is going through defence closing statement about Allison's mental health

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 39s

Judge says defence discussed Allison's mental health history, her Zoloft use, her sessions with psychologists. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 37s

Judge says defence discussed advice from marriage counsellor a few days before she disappeared. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 22s
Jurors are looking at screens showing Justice Byrne's remarks as he speaks. Very little note taking again today

The judge all but warned them off manslaughter yesterday. He said that there had been no evidence presented by either side to support a verdict of manslaughter and that the only reason he was telling them they had the option is because he was legally obliged to do so. Hearing the way he said it, if I were on the jury I'd be thinking it was not the way to go. But, I think if they have trouble agreeing then they may go for it.

What's the sentencing likely to be if it was manslaughter, anyone know? And the interference with a corpse charge would still stick right?

Just to add to my previous post about the sentence for manslaughter, if there is a murder or manslaughter verdict, there will be a guilty on the interference with a corpse charge. They will likely be concurrent sentences.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 44s

Judge says defence case is that discussions of up affair in counsellor-advised sessions would have caused a relapse of depression.#badenclay

Judge says defence case was Allison was stressed at the hairdressers on April 19, 2012. #badenclay

You know, I think the verdict will go down to the wire. It's entirely possible that no verdict will be reached here. That's my gut feeling.

I have that feeling too. It's too close to call and I have had a bad feeling they may not come to any agreement either.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 51s
Most jurors leaning back in their seats, a couple leaning forward to see the screens in front of them

The jurors get Judge Byrne's written directions so they don't need to take notes. He is just reading them.

Someone asked a question about the sentence for manslaughter. Both murder and manslaughter have maximum of life imprisonment but murder of one person has a minimum of no parole of 20 years but 15 if GBC is convicted as the law changed after Allison was killed.
so busy answering our questions thanks heaps , don't we all just LOVE alioop :loveyou::loveyou::loveyou:

Just to add to my previous post about the sentence for manslaughter, if there is a murder or manslaughter verdict, there will be a guilty on the interference with a corpse charge. They will likely be concurrent sentences.

Thanks Ali, I presumed so. Thanks for your quick replies, fountain of knowledge xox

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 40s

Judge says defence told jury to consider Allison was upset after hearing of birth of nephew. They claim she always wanted a son. #badenclay

Judge says defence asked why Allison missed a parent teacher interview for a hairdressing appointment. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 52s
Defence raised a possible scenario of what happened to Allison - Justice Byrne

Allison possibly stayed up thinking about the affair, defence scenario - Justice Byrne

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 56s

Judge tells #badenclay jury that defence argued suicide is often as a surprise and impossible to predict. @7NewsBrisbane

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 23s

Judge says defence case was Allison stayed up late, thinking about the affair, possibly went for a walk to clear her head. #badenclay

GBC is only on trial for murder in this trial, not interfering with a corpse. Even though it has been implied throughout the proceedings.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 49s

Judge says defence said she plugged her husband's phone into charge at 1.48am, took some Sertraline, went for a walk. #badenclay

Judge says defence suggested she walked to Kholo Creek and ended up at the creek. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 40s

Judge says defence told jury to consider Allison was upset after hearing of birth of nephew. They claim she always wanted a son. #badenclay

Judge says defence asked why Allison missed a parent teacher interview for a hairdressing appointment. #badenclay

If she so desperately wanted a son, this was never written about in her diary.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 52s
What if she decided to go for a walk, took a Zoloft tablet, puts husband's phone on charger - defence scenario

She kept walking. Ends up at river. Pathologist couldn't rule out drowning - defence scenario

:aktion1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member