The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 10th July - Trial Day 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the main things they have to address when applying for parole is that they won't re offend and explain what they have done whilst in jail to ensure they don't. So it does imply that the person acknowledges their offences as a starting point. However I don't think admitting to the crime is a strict requirement as such. It is all discretionary in the hands of the parole board. I have never had anything to do with parole boards so I don't have much practical knowledge on this subject.

Thanks Ali :loveyou:

I'm still 5 pages behind but WOW I find it very frustrating that a juror d/load a document (and one that was totally useless anyway!)

When on a jury, once we were sent away for delibaration all our phones and devices were confiscated.
We did not see them again until a verdict had been read out.

Why do they even have access to the net in there?!~?

The juror might have printed it out, I'm not sure, just guessing.

I'm still 5 pages behind but WOW I find it very frustrating that a juror d/load a document (and one that was totally useless anyway!)

When on a jury, once we were sent away for delibaration all our phones and devices were confiscated.
We did not see them again until a verdict had been read out.

Why do they even have access to the net in there?!~?

juror brought in a document from an American jury commentator.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/jury-begins-deliberating-baden-clay-trial/2314591/?ref=hs

Eammon Atkinson @EAtkinson7 · 3h

#BadenClay - judge has confiscated a document from the jury taken into the deliberation room.

Perhaps it was just that the carpet didn't look as though it had been freshly vacuumed? I'm sure we've seen pics of the back of the car and it does seem to contain a bit of debris/dust etc. I've thought that it would be more likely to have been given a quick flick or brush out, even by hand, to remove any obvious larger leaves, twigs, etc. And even if some of the leaf litter was found in there - it would be reasonable to assume that it could be there for an innocent reason and not out of place at all. Some of it could have even been from the bottoms of the toy baskets/boxes.

maybe Nige had a tarp or plastic sheet handy?

I don't think it's that unusual that the kids went to school, but what I find unusual and slightly disturbing is that he told the poor girls that mum was missing. Why on earth would you scare your girls like that and then ship them off to school?

That's what I keep thinking, Smegal. Most parents wouldn't frighten their kids if mummy was late back from her walk, even if they were worried. If it were me, I'd keep things as normal as possible in the morning for them without making a big deal of the lateness, ship them off to school, and as soon as they were out the door would be ringing everyone and searching. He needed them to know so they could be defense witnesses. IMOOANAE

They would and no guy in his right mind would think that they are shaving cuts...

Don't you want to add something to that post ....like.... Someone told me or...... On the Internet....... Or in a book I once read????

I do Timmy. Good idea! I read it somewhere and Googled it to make sure I remembered it correctly!

ali
so glad you have no practical experience with the parole board , now we know our darling Ali has never been locked up:happydance:

I'm thinking that one of the senior BC's had it probably the Mother. She didn't go to the house that morning did she? Bet she turned it on or even Olivia did Fig Tree Pocket is less than 4kms from their house. Then one of them disposed of it and possibly the missing pajamas. IMHO

now we're getting somewhere!!!!

I delved a little deeper & have just heard this is in fact correct. The interfering with a corpse charge has been dropped & GBC is on trial for just the murder charge.

I knew I'd read it somewhere....

June 9, 2014

Gerard Baden-Clay was charged with one count each of murder and unlawfully interfering with a corpse on June 13, 2012.

Police subsequently dropped the latter charge.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...sappearance-20140609-zs1z9.html#ixzz372DoQiby

Questions have been asked about the co incidence of the texts sent from GBC phone and Allison's phone connecting to the Internet at 6.31 am. A friend has explained to me that the way Apple’s iMessaging works is that IF both ends of the conversation have an iDevice (and in this case, they did - they were both iPhones) then that is detected as soon as the text message is sent, and the message goes via the Internet, and NOT via the telco 3G connection. Those iMessages are free, and show on the iPhone or iPad as a BLUE message from your end, as opposed to sending a text to somebody who does NOT have an iDevice (say an Android Samsung instead) in which case your messages show up in GREEN.

So when GBC sent his first text message at 06:31, it would have woken up Allison’s phone - wherever it was - and logged it onto the Internet to receive the message. It would immediately be detected and identified as an iPhone. Once logged on, it would not have logged off again unless somebody actively did that by turning the phone off. And if the phone was in the one place, it would simply have remained logged on (including automatically checking for emails, texts, etc - pinging the tower’s Internet connection) until the battery ran out.

The big question is WHERE was Allison’s phone when it got woken up by GBC’s text message? It could have been in his pocket, or in the Captiva beside him with him chucking it out of the window or taking it out of the car somewhere that remained within reach of the FTP tower. And it should be pointed out that the FTP tower is right next to the overpass over the Centenary Highway, and reaches at least as far as the Kenmore Plaza, and probably further.

But, they didn't go through iMessage because they are shown on the bill.......

BBM: Yep, Gerard and his cufflinks!

Cuff-Links_zps47f47737.jpg
Is it just me? I can't get over the difference about ten kgs weight loss has done to his appearance. Hardly recognizable as the local slimey real estate agent I dealt with.

Why is Jury's allowed home? I'm sure years ago they were locked away slept in Hotel's etc until they come up with a verdict? Is this another way in cutting costs?

It was a question I asked (mainly coz I didn't want to be stuck in a motel room when I have a family at home).

It seems it is quite rare these days and the main reason put forward was excessive cost.

Juries making rash decisions to avoid stayovers was another mentioned

I delved a little deeper & have just heard this is in fact correct. The interfering with a corpse charge has been dropped & GBC is on trial for just the murder charge.

Do you think/know that they might be saving it for later or for someone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stoney12