The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 10th July - Trial Day 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's say the police have evidence that one or more BCs assisted GBC dispose of Allison's body &/or cover up the crime: Could it be that the QPP cannot prosecute anyone else apart from GBC until he has been found guilty of the murder?? - ie they can't charge another BC as being an accessory (after the fact) to the murder, until GBC has been found to be the murderer. Hope this makes sense!!

I also think along these same lines moo

With a few people discussing 'signs' and 'messages from above' I thought I would share something that happened to me yesterday.

Unfortunately, I was on my way to a funeral yesterday afternoon.
(An old friends wife had died last week from the *advertiser censored* we refer to as cancer.)

Here in Adelaide it was a miserable cold day with some pretty wild weather.
My drive was on roads I normally don't travel and was going by memory of Google Maps to get me to the correct address.
The rain was coming down so hard I could barely see the lanes. Then hail.
I was preparing to turn left on to the road where the chapel is located and saw that the time was 2.59 (the service began at 3).
As I pulled into that road, and the service started, the rain stopped, the first sign of sun that day came out and a rainbow appeared.
Was like a movie.
It didn't last long at all and in the few minutes it took me to park and make my way inside the rain was back.

Eammon Atkinson ‏@EAtkinson7 21m

#BadenClay jury asks judge to explain the difference between 'murder' and 'manslaughter' @7NewsBrisbane

No verdict yet in the #BadenClay trial. The jury will continue deliberating tomorrow at 9.30am. @7NewsBrisbane

4:33pm: Legal argument has ended and court has adjourned.

Find our full coverage of the trial here.

4:18pm: Court has resumed for legal argument.

But there will be no verdict in the trial today.

The jury has been dismissed for the day.

The seven men and five women of the jury will return to continue their deliberations tomorrow morning.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-18-week-5-20140710-3bnzp.html#ixzz372wg8Myo

(Hello, new here)

My understanding of iMessage - when you open a previous message on your phone - say to your sister - the phone at that point communicates with your sisters phone to determine if it's using iMessage or will need an SMS sent instead (assuming you have theses features switched on).

Ie - I'll sometimes open a previous message ready to send a new message, and it will be green (SMS), but in a few seconds it will change to blue iMessage). My guess is my phone asks my sisters phone "hey, you on iMessage right now?" and my sisters phone responds "hey, yes! Send when ready!" and voila, iMessage using data is ready to go.

As for Find My iPhone - this can be switched off in settings. I use Find My iPhone quite a bit (check on a child who walks to school!) and never once has it "not worked" assuming child's phone is on. Gerard was a bit of a "gadget guy" I hear, he probably knew how to do this and even mentioned it "not working" since the messages he was sending were for the polices benefit. Of all mornings for it not to work!

Ebony Cavallaro ‏@ebonycavallaro 39m

Jury has been sent home for the day in #badenclay trial - no verdict today @9NewsBrisbane

Michael Kersnovske ‏@MKersnovske 1m

Ahead in @tennewsqld @GreenhalghSarah is live from the Supreme Court with all the details on the #badenclay trial pic.twitter.com/pUp1xfEihx

Nine News Australia ‏@9NewsAUS 38m

MT @TessaScott9: Jury has been told to go home for the day. Back for deliberations tomorrow morning at 9.30am #badenclay

There is something very off here. Jury members were approached, not once but twice during the trial and now this! I think the jury member who downloaded that material should be excused from the trial and one of the reserves brought in to replace him/her.

I am so <Makarasnip> angry right now!

My thought were pretty much the same.

Lets hope it wasn't the same jurer who had the busted chair - that would be way to weird for me to handle.

Oh stupid Channel 10! Why do they say these things when they aren't sure??

The seven men and five women of the jury left the courthouse on Thursday having failed to reach a verdict after deliberating for more than five hours from 11.10am.

Their deliberations were interrupted when it was revealed one juror had downloaded material from the internet. The material was from an overseas commentator who wrote about the role of a jury in a criminal trial.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ns-continue-20140710-zt35q.html#ixzz372yG41OT

So they're asking about murder v manslaughter. Interesting. I dare say they would not be asking that if he were going to be acquitted.... Hopefully??

:welcome: Tigerlily75

- phew, that was way too quick for a considered verdict!

It just beggars belief, doesn't it? How could you possibly think it was okay? What, you (meaning the juror) didn't think the judge knew what he was talking so thought you would google it instead?

Could they just get rid of that juror and call in one of the reserves?

If you only have one person who is not very bright, you are lucky, I've always thought there should be some kind of IQ test for jurors
now that evidence has got so technical in many cases.
Maybe you get more intelligent jurors in Australia than we do in NZ, here most people who have responsible jobs simply can't afford to
leave their job for up to two months in big cases, and are able to get excused from duty.

In the most important trial probably ever in NZ, we had jurors who slept some afternoons, passed notes to each other, one was a special needs person, another supposedly baked a birthday
cake for the defendant, and the final insult was when a few of them tried to turn up at the party to celebrate them finding the defendant not guilty.
After listening to two months of evidence they came back with their verdict after a few hours on a Friday afternoon, evidently some had holidays planned for the next week.
It's just a lottery having a jury here, if I was guilty of a crime I'd take my chances with a jury, and if innocent would go
for a Judge only.
I'm a bit worried what will happen in this case if the jurors have got annoyed with the Judge and vice versa.
I don't have a huge problem with what the juror looked up online, they may have looked up far more when they knew they had been called for jury service, and no one will ever know.

Yikes!! What case was that? Fellow Kiwi here :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member