The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 10th July - Trial Day 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
My old mate Greg... been a long time coming to watch Gerard sitting on the rough end of the pineapple, Greg..

That it has, I'll never forget that first time I saw him on tv with his sister in the little bit hurt interview, your kidding I said to myself, this guy has bumped her off......

Yes a long time coming Troops......

I'll be honest...I'll be so so happy when he is locked away for the rest of his life, I grieved for Allison a long time ago, now I want retribution for her, for her children, for her parents and for her friends and for all her friends on here and other places that she never met.

I want him and the rest of them to feel pain and suffering for being so callous in snuffing out a life that was not theirs to snuff out and then to attempt to snuff out her memory in the same way to protect their own sorry asses from facing justice.

I have nothing but contempt for him, for them, and for their self righteous attitude.

I vote turning the pineapple sideways ....what say you Troops ;)

Oooh I thought that juror would have been KO'ed for that .. interesting they weren't, guess we'll see this again at the appeal trial.

sorry, catching up here...I bet that juror will be thoroughly told off by his/her colleagues.

:gaah:

Is it like the one punch law? It wasn't the punch that killed, it was the concrete footpath that killed. Freya it's got me stumped too.
Was just thinking about that law in this context. I am not saying this as an eggspurt, just IMO, the classic manslaughter scenario in a domestic setting is a scuffle, where one or both parties are assaulted, that is, pushed, shoved, battered, bruised (something short of that GBH definition), then one is knocked to the ground/hits head on glass etc. In that situation, whilst being engaged in an altercation, it could be seen that there was no intention to kill. Hence no murder.

I am actually still trying to get my head around how they arrive at manslaughter on the evidence. As Ali and Freya and I'm sure others observed, it sounded like Justice Byrne was steering them away from it.

I think we have an insulted angry Judge. :croc:

He made the rules very very very clear yesterday , when I was there.

WTF
The Jury asking for a copy of his directions ???
A member of the Jury has deliberately ignored the Judge and rules???
:snake: is lurking amongst them ?

Someone said something the other day along the lines of "don't worry, there are no Baden-Clays on the jury."

Now I'm not so sure...:facepalm::thinking:

I wouldn't pay any heed to that. Yesterday they were saying the jury had retired to deliberate.

Sorry about that folks - got the wool pulled over my eyes by channel ten

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That it has, I'll never forget that first time I saw him on tv with his sister in the little bit hurt interview, your kidding I said to myself, this guy has bumped her off......

Yes a long time coming Troops......

I'll be honest...I'll be so so happy when he is locked away for the rest of his life, I grieved for Allison a long time ago, now I want retribution for her, for her children, for her parents and for her friends and for all her friends on here and other places that she never met.

I want him and the rest of them to feel pain and suffering for being so callous in snuffing out a life that was not theirs to snuff out and then to attempt to snuff out her memory in the same way to protect their own sorry asses from facing justice.

I have nothing but contempt for him, for them, and for their self righteous attitude.

I vote turning the pineapple sideways ....what say you Troops ;)

Agree with every single word, exactly how I feel too. Thank you for putting to all together so well. ❤️

I tend to think this is where Gerard is headed if he does time, Wolston Park.
An article of about Max Sica's management.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/qld/a/22689737/convicted-killer-max-sica-moved-from-maximum-security-prison/

It still defies my belief that prisoners with sentences like murder or armed robbery are housed in a jail so close to suburbia. Particularly with all the new development around Wolston. The jails should be in the middle of nowhere. God knows there is so much space in each of our states to do this. So why? Less government spending? Welcome your thoughts everyone. I'm sure there must be an answer I haven't considered?

I am concerned that the jurors are weighted more males than females , just saying not evenly balanced.

7:5 is not bad - they would have to be very lucky to get exactly 6:6. I've heard of juries composed of 10 of one gender and 2 of the other. I don't know how much difference it makes to the outcome or the ability to reach a verdict - I suppose that with certain kinds of crimes, such as rape, the defence and/or prosecution would be hoping that jurors of one gender or the other would be more favourable to their side.

Last night I was in bed around midnight trying to sleep and mulling a few things over in my mind on all of this.

Just as I was dropping off to sleep I received a "message".

It was in the form of a very loud clanging metal door....

Are you inside too?

It still defies my belief that prisoners with sentences like murder or armed robbery are housed in a jail so close to suburbia. Particularly with all the new development around Wolston. The jails should be in the middle of nowhere. God knows there is so much space in each of our states to do this. So why? Less government spending? Welcome your thoughts everyone. I'm sure there must be an answer I haven't considered?
Good question AAAA. The only thing which immediately springs to my mind is transport (the further afield, the harder/costlier it might be to adequately staff/stock the joint? and for relative proximity to centres of justice i.e. clients?).

He had to remove the beard for further tests not too long after his arrest. Going by all the media sketches of him throughout the different court appearances he's been minus a beard. Any of our members in court notice if he's had a beard at any time??

June 19, 2012

It also was revealed yesterday that police have applied to the court to have Baden-Clay's beard removed to allow for further forensic testing.

http://www.news.com.au/national/ger...bail-application/story-e6frfkvr-1226400693628

When Cheeseman was on the stand he said Clay could always win when growing a beard. I would like to see more research from past photos or from work colleagues to ask how many times Clay had a beard. In every past photo I've seen he's beardless. A real estate sales person is advised/preferred to be clean-shaven.

Someone said something the other day along the lines of "don't worry, there are no Baden-Clays on the jury."

Now I'm not so sure...:facepalm::thinking:

In all seriousness, I went to bed with this on the brain last night. Bribes. Would key people be under surveillance for this atm and/or any possible attempts to make contact with jurors? (which could be done via proxy I suppose anyway). Just a bad feeling sitting in my stomach about any last desperate acts of interference.

That's interesting (in a superficial way), prison grub can't be as bad as we might imagine (and perhaps less motivation these days to stay trim, recall he said he and A were both trying to lose weight, he no doubt for the laaaadies).

OT but re: fidelity and films, my old boss told me that when it was released, his mate got dragged along by mate's missus to see Fatal Attraction. When they were leaving the cinema, she said smugly "see, what does THAT teach you about cheating?", to which he replied "if you're having an affair, DON'T STOP".
And then you have the case of Raymond Akhtar Ali who complained that he had to eat vegetarian as no halal meals were available ... Brisbane jail

Are you inside too?

Too funny! Got me thinking how surreal/Kafkaesque it would be to discover we ALL were, in adjacent little (padded) cells, banging out 'he so dunnit' or 'nah, I met him at the infirmary and he's the nicest guy in the world'...on our State supplied iPads, natch.

I have a feeling Allison didn't have PJ pants on but had a shower early and then got into clothes and slept in a T-shirt & knickers. I recall that what a child said. She hadn't painted her nails so maybe she didn't have a chance to get to bed.
Wherever he assaulted her, Allison could have had a chance to survive IF he'd called an ambulance and tried to revive her. But no, Allison died and he hid her body.

'Nicest bloke you could ever meet'. It was this nice bloke that grabbed and held Flegg by the shirt in a public place and abused him.
I'm sure gaols are full of nice blokes.

I was just wondering, I have never seen it written that GBC grabbed Flegg by the shirt or got physical, when he asked him to step outside that CC meeting - Flegg didn't say it in court, did I miss it in his statement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie