The Verdict Waiting Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 29s

Justice Byrne has confirmed with the jury they will not be sitting over the weekend. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 32s

The jury is in court, judge says he has received two notes from them #badenclay

People on Twitter admonishing media for referring to waiting family & friends as "punters". Gotta agree with that!

Yes it has always annoyed me the way the media have called the people attending and standing in line etc as "curious onlookers" etc - makes them seem like sticky beaks - it is sooooo much more than that for the majority of the people turning up there every day

Justice Byrne is discussing with the jury paragraphs they have asked for from his summation. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 37s

Justice Byrne says the jury has requested information, and he wants to make sure he gives them the right material #badenclay

Is this the last week? It is for us in VIC, but hoping QLD are a week off, it would be nice for the dickies to have next week with the girls is we get verdict today!

for some reason this time the qld school holidays are in sync with NSW as well

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 33s

Jurors are trying to pinpoint the relevant paragraphs for the judge. #badenclay

Is this the last week? It is for us in VIC, but hoping QLD are a week off, it would be nice for the dickies to have next week with the girls is we get verdict today!

no QLD school goes back on Monday

I am walking into the city from Auchenflower at 12.30 after I finish work. I am hoping today is the day!

Amee, yell out if you want me to do any tweets :)

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 45s

One of the jurors stands in court, refers to a statement the judge made earlier about manslaughter #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 42s

The judge had asked the jury who their speaker was #badenclay

Justice Byrne has confirmed with the jury they will not be sitting over the weekend. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 32s

The jury is in court, judge says he has received two notes from them #badenclay

We won't see a verdict until next week!

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 33s

One of the jurors answered, they were the speaker, but that the request had come from another juror #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 38s

The juror says they would like a paragraph referring to manslaughter and another where Gerard said "I did not kill my wife". #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 45s

Judge asks whether the juror is looking for the passage where he began to summarise the evidence of the accused. #badenclay

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 34s

The juror is now clarifying that she's interested in a paragraph regarding the accused allegedly lying under oath. #badenclay

Bloody Hell... I hope they don't keep doing this all day, I'll be a nervous wreck!

Elizabeth Tilley ‏@liztilley84 1m
Jury called back into court to discuss 2 notes given to judge. Confirmed they won't sit on weekends @SkyNewsAust #badenclay

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 1m
The #badenclay jury has also confirmed with Justice Byrne that they will not be sitting this weekend, if it comes to that. @7NewsBrisbane

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 1m
A juror says she wants more information about paragraphs in which the accused said: "I did not kill my wife". #badenclay

"Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m

The juror says they would like a paragraph referring to manslaughter and another where Gerard said "I did not kill my wife". #badenclay"

Ruh roh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member