The Verdict Waiting Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
not funny brissy lass , imagine how we were hanging out for a smoke , thank God those days u could smoke in the building so could just go outside the room:therethere:

Long, long time ago then, Squizz?!!

does the jury retire for lunch or just go straight through

While they would normally be free to leave the courts and head out to lunch, during delibiration they will remain in the jury room and lunch will be brought in to them.

IMO we just have to wait. Much evidence to sift through, sort, include/exclude, categorize, align with facts, agree/disagree, interpret according to The Law, etc. A big task for average, non-legal people. :thinking:

:jail::coffeews::waiting:

He is so clearly guilty of murder, yet I am quite worried the jury will let him off because you can always count of a few clowns who have zero common sense, and literally require video footage to convict someone.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 47s

Lunch break for the court. Judge won't take a verdict before 2.15pm #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 39s

The court is breaking for lunch. Justice Byrne has said he will not take a verdict before 2.15pm. #badenclay

The jury is now on a lunch break til 2.15pm. Waiting . . .

not funny brissy lass , imagine how we were hanging out for a smoke , thank God those days u could smoke in the building so could just go outside the room:therethere:

I'm not really laughing Squizzy .... i was just thinking that days like today I would love to have the "olden days" back, when there were ashtrays everywhere in the office and almost everyone smoked, i'm in the office solo today, which means no leaving till knock off time :tantrum: i have a severe craving right now

I'm ok with the time taken for this jury decision.. however long it takes.. I want it to be a thorough going over of every element of this cold murder... Gerard is sweating it out in the holding cell, maybe someone threw him a sandwich and its probably dawning on him that he wasn't the most appealing creature in the witness box.. He'll be grinding his teeth. ...

For the Dickies.. a long long heartbreaking haul.. whatever the decision, Allison is still gone. . I was comforted.. if that's the right word to know that Mark Ainsworth has been in court with them.. a long haul for Mr Ainsworth, too.

Whatever the decision , the Baden-Clay name is ruined... Nige might as well go and deed-poll it back to the original Clay and hope it flies under the radar, and try and rehabilitate from that starting point. .. not a bad outcome there.........It's a handicap now, and the kind of name people make silly jokes about..

think it thru, Jurors..

I'm not really laughing Squizzy .... i was just thinking that days like today I would love to have the "olden days" back, when there were ashtrays everywhere in the office and almost everyone smoked, i'm in the office solo today, which means no leaving till knock off time :tantrum: i have a severe craving right now

and u could smoke in planes and restaurants yeah , will cyber u over a winny blue ok

OK here are my thoughts .. either they come back post lunch and want to deliver verdict within like an hour or we're waiting until at least 11am Monday .. if I was jury maybe I'd want weekend to be sure at this stage .. or maybe I'd just want my life back :)

I didn't realise I would be such a wreck over this day waiting for verdict. Silly of me. Also at work and it's a horrid time with all sorts of stressors so that doesn't help. A verdict of guilty would be heartening - to know that justice can be done, and the trials and trauma someone so lovely like Allison endured can be understood, and action taken. Sadly it won't bring her back.

Nerveously waiting, trying not to check here, trying to do work, but very hard!

Me too!! I'm working from home today and I'm proving very quickly that I have the willpower of a gnat when it comes to staying off the computer!!

and u could smoke in planes and restaurants yeah , will cyber u over a winny blue ok

I remember the old days on aircraft - where the Capt, First Officer, Flight Engineer...Chief Purser would all smoke together in a closed Flight Deck !!!

I can relate to that :blushing:

Shame on me but I've been thinking if I was on a jury, I'd be too scared to drink alcohol around anyone in case I let something slip. I reckon I'd be getting toey to just relax with a wine or three at this stage :shame:

I remember the old days on aircraft - where the Capt, First Officer, Flight Engineer...Chief Purser would all smoke together in a closed Flight Deck !!!

and the hostie said' you may now smoke ladies and gentlemen no cigars or pipes please "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77