The Verdict Waiting Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the last time that they were a lot more relaxed about it than they had been. The first one I did, we were instructed to watch out for anyone following us, don't hang around afterwards, don't use public transport and have someone drop you off and pick you up etc. There were no such instructions the last time.

I wonder if it depends on the charges then as to what is done. The trials I was on were not Brisbane courthouse but in Queensland still.

For reference, my experience was earlier this year. And in Adelaide.

Its possible that the type of charges may play a part, though one of the trials I was involved with was 'kiddy' stuff if you get my drift. :notgood:
So while its not murder, I put it "up there". (Sorry to bring such muck up)

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 30s

The jury has been deliberating for more than 10 hours #badenclay @79DamoFo @KateKyriacou @brookebaskin

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 56s
The jury has been deliberating for more than 10 hours

For reference, my experience was earlier this year. And in Adelaide.

Its possible that the type of charges may play a part, though one of the trials I was involved with was 'kiddy' stuff if you get my drift. :notgood:
So while its not murder, I put it "up there". (Sorry to bring such muck up)

Yes, I think the charges do play a part in it and possibly the person's history/associations, even if they don't tell you what that is. I think it depends on the Sheriff too. The ones who have been in the job a long time have seen it all and are more cautious.

Waiting....trying not to be sick. Do you think we'll get a verdict today?

Arghhh the wait is doing my head in! Can't stop eating :tantrum: I keep trying to remind myself it is nothing compared to what the Dickies and Allison's friends are going through.

Thanks for the all the jokes and laughs, you lovely bunch of people :loveyou:

I'm pigging out too!! Just had a delicious vanilla slice. :eat: :anguish:

:kickcan:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...mation-about-alleged-lies-20140711-zt3yv.html

Gerard Baden-Clay trial: Jury requests information about alleged lies
July 11, 2014 - 11:42AM by Marissa Calligeros

The jury considering the fate of Gerard Baden-Clay has requested clarification about how it should interpret allegations the accused wife killer lied under oath.
A juror said: “You Honour, it was about the accused and manslaughter ... it relates to the accused lying under oath.”

Justice Byrne read from his summing up relating to Mr Baden-Clay’s testimony:
“If you conclude that the accused lied because he realised that the truth would implicate him in the killing of his wife, you would need carefully also to consider whether the lie reveals a consciousness of guilt, merely with respect to manslaughter as distinct from also revealing an intention to kill or to cause grievous bodily harm,” he said...

In that case, I think they are deluded. I understand they are family but they should at least be prepared for the verdict to not go the way they want it to go

They think they have fooled everyone....

Can someone yell out when/if we get a verdict..I'll turn my speakers up so I can hear you:D.. I need to tend to some other things (inconsiderate to be dragged away)

sorry Prime :blushing:

No worries Amee, seeing you're here, you can do it. I'm just hanging round like a bad smell, haha.

Let's hope David or Kate give us the words we're waiting for!!! :)

Well, these past weeks have brought more than a few ‘long-time-lurkers’ bubbling to the surface. Like me. I am Brisbane-based, and, had I been called for Jury Service, I would have excused myself. I have a strong bias toward his guilt.

I met GBC, some years back: albeit briefly, at a business event. I can add no insight. [What I think I remember of that encounter has been clouded by what I now know of him.]

I assure you (shudder!) that I was not one of his hinted-to other conquests. I mention this random meeting to explain my initial curiosity in this most tragic and awful event.

On this forum, I have read the occasional dissenting views re his guilt, with interest. Some have challenged my sense of his culpability. I welcome this. It makes me think.

It also makes my blood boil that the person who took Allison’s life is also responsible for creating so much additional grief through their denial and deflection of guilt. No doubt Allison and her loved ones would be mortified that her personal life, and the ending of it, has been under such intense scrutiny.

Despite the character assassination from the mouth of the man she once loved, and others in his circle, surely there is capacity in this jury of her/our peers to see the ramblings of the amoral, desperate and delusional Mr Baden-Clay for what they are?

I cannot believe they will not see the truth.

May justice be done.

PS: Apologies for the long-winded first post. And my sincere gratitude to the many W/S people who have done an astonishing job with the court posts/tweets. Here is another ‘cheers’ to all you regular and occasional posters for you very-respectful introspection. Thank you, all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member